Last chance to save trail riding in the Peak District

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pampera, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    THIS has been circulated to all TRF members via email.

But there's no reason why non TRF members should not act on it too.

Sent on behalf of Robin Hickin, National TRF Rights of Way Officer

Dear Member,
    The Peak Park Authorities have proposed a permanent TRO which will ban motorcycles, quad bikes, and 4 wheel drives on two classic lanes in Derbyshire, Long Causeway, better known as Stannage Edge, and the Roych – see www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/consultations
    It is vitally important that you register your opposition to these proposals.
    Following on from the TRO on Chapelgate, it is obvious that the plan of the Authority is that, by stopping us riding individual lanes, it makes it more difficult to connect up a decent ride. If they succeed, more routes will follow so that, effectively, trail riding in the whole of the Park will dwindle to nothing. Two further lanes; Brushfield - Upperdale and Cherpit Lane are next in line.
    This is a model that has already been successfully implemented in the Yorkshire Dales so they know it works!
    The deadline for getting your objection in is the end of this week; the 2nd November, so please act now.
    You can find a template to complete http://www.trf.org.uk/resources/trf-specific-files2/doc_download/3007-peak-park- At the very least please put your name, address and date on the letter, sign it and send it off, if you can personalise it yourself so much the better but the important thing is that you do something and please do it now.
    Regards
    Robin Hickin
    TRF National Rights of Way Officer
  2. Dr JM

Dr JM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Objection submitted, and others encouraged to do so.

One question. I received the email shot from the TRF only a few days ago, but the deadline is Friday. Was it a deliberately short window for submissions from the PDNPA?
  3. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We've been running threads on various forums (including this one) for the last couple of months to encourage individual submissions.

The mass emailing by the TRF and this post here is a 'last call' - I hope most people will have done this already.

Our opponents are very worried that all 3500 TRF members are going to make submissions to the NPA: I do hope that they are not disappointed!
  5. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't delay, object today!
  6. Gazz

Gazz In a rut

Oddometer:
    Letter and emails sent :nod
  7. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The mailboxes close at 5pm tomorrow (Friday)

object object object.
  8. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm told there were over 4000 responses.

Let's hope most of them were in support of keeping the lanes open for all.

My source says it's going to take a while to go through them all...