2013 Berkshire Big Adventure -- Your Input Needed

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Gargoyle, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:

We've been on the weekend before Memorial Day since inception. ( 9th one coming up ) Can't mess with history. Go to the sanction meeting and guard our weekend.:D
  2. Boyscout1108

Boyscout1108 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Definitely two day event. The longer the better, both days.
    Camping is great, either way Yeah Campfires!!
    No need for food.
    T-shirt/decal--yes
    I would like GPS tracks in addition to Roll chart.

Great time, Great people
  3. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    1) is a 2 day event appealing to you? YES Should we start the day 1 ride at 9:00am and take you through 100+ miles of dirt roads and trails? YES Or start later in the day (like noon) and do less miles on day 1?

2) would you rather pay less and camp on a primitive (field) site? Or would you rather pay more to stay in a campground with camp sites, cabins, showers, etc. MORE $$$ SHOWERS ARE NICE after 100 miles of dust or mud
    3) would like us to have breakfast available for purchase? Yes would you like dinner available for purchase? Yes

4) would you be interested in purchasing a BTR event tee shirt and/or BTR event decal? YES

5) what other input do you have for us on this event?[/QUOTE] both GPS files and Route sheets.
    last year system of routes that loop back to that store with gas and food was a great idea. give some notice to the store
  4. Yeoldmoose

Yeoldmoose YEOLDMOOSE

Oddometer:
    1) is a 2 day event appealing to you? Should we start the day 1 ride at 9:00am and take you through 100+ miles of dirt roads and trails? Or start later in the day (like noon) and do less miles on day 1?

2) would you rather pay less and camp on a primitive (field) site? Or would you rather pay more to stay in a campground with camp sites, cabins, showers, etc.

3) would like us to have breakfast available for purchase? would you like dinner available for purchase?

4) would you be interested in purchasing a BTR event tee shirt and/or BTR event decal?

5) what other input do you have for us on this event?
    1. yes, 2 days is good. Some people like me may need to go a distance to get there so a late start and short ride may be better. Then again if camp area is ready the day before I would be fine with getting there a day early.
    2. Rather pay more for a decent camp ground with clean facilities since I'm tent camping off by bike.
    3. Meals to purchase would be ok with me, easy for the riders but would be a lot of work for the club to offer.
    4. I would buy both, even more so if it raised money for the club or a charity.
    5. Just keep in mind that some people need to com in from a distance and may need travel time. maybe a bail out middle of the second day for those who need to pack up and head home. Maybe route sheets with sweepers but muliple loops or bail outs so riders can decide how much they have time for both days.
    Thanks for putting in the effort, enjoyed your rides in the past, Glenn<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  5. trailhound68

trailhound68 Digger

Oddometer:

What he Said!
    Look forward to hangin' again Steve-O, chillin' & grillin'!
  6. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I already responded to the questions. My preferences were for 2 day, full campsite, food for purchase, campfires, and tracks plus roll chart.

I rode your event aboard a new motorcycle this year. I also rode the charity Loudon Classic and another two club events. Yours was the best. Interesting roads. You have really good options. Remarkably scenic too.

I think your ride could be a bigger draw if people knew about it. Making it a 2 day thing should really draw us out to make it an annual commitment. You certainly have the content to offer! I'm only 125 miles away, but after reading posts, 2 days would be appealing to a bigger crowd and maybe make it a signature event for a few years.
  7. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Trail Jester Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback and kind words Pantah. We are certainly on a path to make this a 2 day. And we are hoping to draw more riders in total. Also, last years BBA drew riders from 7 states and Canada. That will be hard to top.

What we really want to do is not only have a great 2 day route for you all ... but have a great gathering at the event site. Please keep the input flowing here. We are listening.

Let me ask another question to everyone. How can we get the word out to more riders? Right now we use advrider and NEDB forums. And I started a Facebook page for BTR as well. Where else should we advertise or engage?
  8. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

If it gets put on the AMA National Dual Sport schedule, you'll automatically have nationwide exposure through their magazine and website.
  9. Gargoyle

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's our hope .... we should hear pretty soon. We applied for the national Adventure series (not dual sport).
  10. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Advertise it in the Netra news.
  11. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...or advridermag.com or BMWMOA,thumpertalk,
  12. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    1. 2 day sounds good. Less mileage on Sunday, that's the day everybody needs to get home too. I would guess most arrive Friday evening.

2. Don't care as long as we can have a campfire.

3. yes and yes.

4. Please don't have it on the same weekend as the Whitehorse Press open house. They have conflicted for the past 4-5 years.
  13. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
    Last event, NETRA wouldn't allow an ad because we weren't NETRA sanctioned, but allowed an event in NJ on the same day to advertise.:dunno
  14. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    I would promote it through every BMW dealership, get those who want to ride to faraway Starbucks on board. Seriously, I remember one of your rides where a bunch of guys from a BMW dealer (maybe Manhattan) didn't listen and tried a hero section. My biggest memory was the smell of fried clutches.
  15. Gargoyle

Oddometer:
    Some good ideas on how to better promote our ride. Thanks.
  16. motogo1

motogo1 I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer:
    Just a thought here and you may have already considered it. You may not want TOO many riders. 300 or so riders going down those pleasant New England lanes might attract more attention than you want. Just my $.02.
  17. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    On Facebook is North East DualSport Riding. 67 strong so far and all are welcome to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/266090577735/?ref=ts&fref=ts
  18. Gargoyle

Oddometer:
  19. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any tentative date(s)? The Laurel Forks event is scheduled for April 20-21 - I can't miss that one.
  20. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
    It has always been on the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. That's the target date again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.