Loose Nut DS Ride 2013: SW Indiana - Nov 2 & 3, 2013

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Eyeball Kid

Eyeball Kid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kick ass Bones! thanks:clap
  2. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Awesome video......you did a GREAT job combining the stills and video and rider list at the end. Makes me want to go ride it again - RIGHT NOW!

YEEEEHAAAW! i sure hope that you can make it next year - please bring your video camera!
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you Mr. Bones on the video---awesome !!

Was that a go-pro ????

BigDog
  4. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    Not a boring video. (Cause i was there.)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  5. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    Awesome video Bones! Thanks for taking the time to set that up for us. :D
  6. Hardroad

Hardroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bones, I love your throttle action
  7. 306dad

306dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    brother bones you should be in hollywood
  8. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Ride Against the Grain

Oddometer:
    Thanks man...glad you guys' enjoyed it! :wink:

I'm so in for the next one! I plan on editing one for the whole year...but I need a super computer to handle it all. Thanks for putting the ride together again! :freaky

You're quite welcome Mr. Dog! I have a 2 gen GoPro that I feebly press buttons on and hope that I'm recording. I'd like to upgrade at some point.

No one asked you Nick...go eat some donuts. :flip

Thanks!!! I missed your wheelie shots but caught that smooth side saddle action. :deal

I like to go fast...I feel like that hyper kid at the starting line sometimes. :ricky

Bones and Wolverine...professional stunt men? Hmm...I like the sound of that. :hmmmmm
  9. RedBirdStation

RedBirdStation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got my network back up and running.

Great vid. You need a 6th gear in that thing.
  10. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Awesome vid Bones! You're really making me regret missing this ride...won't happen again!
  11. Backmarker

Backmarker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great job Bones!!!! :clap I'm still waitin on the 2012 version tho?????:1drink
  12. morefishnworms

morefishnworms Anywhere

Oddometer:
    First off great video bones... enjoyed riding with you all and great route put together from Loose Nut

Not sure if anyone here is also a Abate member if so look thru the January mag Dan Seacat has a very nice article with some great pics of the ride...

I will see if I can scan it and post it up for any that does not have access to the magazine

Enjoy g
  13. Loose Nut

Oddometer:

Not to steal your thunder, but this is just TOO GOOD not to post and we got the ok from HM......

HOGHEAD650 took some great photos and wrote a wonderful article on the ride and was able to provide a little background of how this started in my front yard as the Loose Nut ATV Rodeo...........NOW, years later it is hard to beleive that there is a story in PRINT in the Hoosier Motorcyclist

GREAT Job Dan.............thanks so much for joining us and continuing to help us remember all the fun we have riding motorcycles!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    toypro1 likes this.
  14. ec90t

ec90t Banned

Oddometer:
    Now I'm really mad that I missed last year's ride (2013). When y'all were riding around Union, and having lunch, you were in my back yard. I grew up not more than 3 miles (as the crow flies) north of there.

There is some fun riding in the river bottoms between Giro and Petersburg. That may be where the photo of the Katoom stuck in the sand was taken?
  15. Loose Nut

Oddometer:

KTM in the sand bar was on the south side of the White River just west of US41 off of Cunningham Rd...........and yes we had lots of fun muddy bottoms farm road riding between Giro and Petersburg - wish you could have made the ride..............tracks are posted - ride it at your convenience.......you;ll have a great time.
  16. morefishnworms

morefishnworms Anywhere

Oddometer:
    Not a problem... All good.....

I was on one of the XR's riding with Dan, Peter, Roy and Bones joined along mid day.... Peter is the one on the KTM buried in the sand bar....

Again thanks so much for putting this together... We will not miss this in the years to come... Only we will be camping along with everyone else next year.....

Again thanks and great job from Dan
  17. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode Sat tracks today and had a blast. Or what I could due to a lot of backwater. I rekon several inches of rain will do that. Went on the west side of Wabash from Vincennse to go south due to water. I've been over the Cannonball bridge lots of times but never south from there on the east side. What a cool road. Rite next to the Wabash. The bootylicious mail box is great. I started late so I was ready for lunch at Union store. What a cool place, reminds me of Moonshine store witch is about 15 miles from home. The river bottoms after Azeala Path was fun but there was a lot of water and it just kept getting worse. I was riding solo so I decided to detour before the old farm house. The bottoms just after the White River bridge were out massively also so I had to skip them too. Decided to just go to Washington and ride the Sunday track back to Vincennes. The Washington road bridge is really cool. I'll definitely try again when it's dryer.
    Thanks for the tracks.
    toypro1 likes this.
  18. espurgeo

espurgeo n00b

Oddometer:
    I know it has been many years since you posted this, but I really enjoyed this post. I am heading down to Hindostan this weekend (Hindostan Day on Oct. 2 2021). I tried to message you but as a newly registered member here, maybe I can't yet.
  19. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed the post and some of the history that I learned from the area. Hope you have a great time, it really was quite the community in its day. I will try to send you a message to see if that helps.

Enjoy,
    LN