Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you might need a new tank bag for the XT and keep the one you already have for the Duc!? :D Maybe the Giant Loop Fandango or Diablo.
  2. Rob578

Rob578 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fandango works great on the Husky 630 or the 2t 300...not tried it on the XT225 but I think it would work fine
  3. T!Mster

T!Mster Lets Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Both look like good options. I guess I just need to decide what to buy. I did decide to mount the turn signals on the taillight as suggested by WayneJ. It turned out really nice. I was warm and toasty in the garage and when I came out it was snowing!! And it was sticking to the driveway!

Here are the racks with the saddlebags attached.
    [​IMG]
  4. beantop

beantop Remember, Safty Forced

Oddometer:

Ok guys I just spent the last Hour putting Up a thread for the

Purple Fiddle ride in april...

If you wanna check it out look here------>>>> Jeff B's hole down at Purple fiddle 04-13-2013
  5. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Motocox

Motocox We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer:
    We are heading to Bryce on Saturday to check out their new quad lift. Probably in the afternoon so we can hit the night rates, $25. Anyone else want to slide down a frozen hill on your ass in freezing temps??? :lol3
    http://www.bryceresort.com/Home.aspx
  7. littlelionmonster

littlelionmonster Custom Faker

Oddometer:
    I'm taking my boy to Wintergreen today. time to get him started on the fine art of frozen butt sliding:lol3
  8. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Started to map for summer trip to Canada. Seems we can't escape another run through New Hampshire. Found lots of other tasty roads on this site, incase you wanted some inspiration...

Great MC Roads NH
  9. jeepngoose1

jeepngoose1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a load of fun. I haven't been skiing in a while
  10. SLiP210

SLiP210 you can call me slip

Oddometer:
    I went skiing a couple of times. I found I saved money and time by staying home and jumping off the handrail of the deck and landing on my back. It was the same amount of pain and I was closer to the couch.
  11. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  12. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. OldnoGPS

OldnoGPS Just a sightseer

Oddometer:
    I saw this ad last night on cl for Jarman's "lost their lease" sale this afternoon 1-5 if anyone is interested:
    http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...573899006.html

For you out of towners: Jarman's is in the shopping center across from Brown's Honda/Jeep on Rt. 29 N at the Rivanna river, in the corner and down around the back below Acme Stove Co.
  14. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    :D
    Sitting here alone, cept my dogs, laughing out loud.
  15. H14

H14 Live, Laugh, Love.

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dana.

We've narrowed our planning down to ten days of camp, ride, repeat. Or possibly finding a nice campground in NH, setting up a base camp and from there doing several day rides. Last night we ditched the camping idea and looked a staying in a motel in Gorham NH and do day rides from there. This morning we scratched that idea and now we're looking at maybe traveling into Canada a bit.

I guess we'll spend the next couple of weeks driving ourselves nuts, flip a coin and get serious about what we'll actually be doing.
  16. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Nova Scotia is very nice for a tarmac ride.

Take the short ferry ride from St John to Digby. Get off go south around the peninsula.

They have two provincial "historic" routes that ring the pennisula. The western side is the called some Evangeline Church tours (dotted with HUGE like 2-3 story churches built two centuries ago). The eastern side of the island has some very quaint villages and is called the light house tour. Don't miss Lunenburg or Mahone Bay or Shelburne.

As long as you are that close don't miss Cape Brenton (home to Cabot Trail--another provincial tour)

We couldn't find a "bad" campground there.
  17. beantop

beantop Remember, Safty Forced

Oddometer:

Hey kevin,

Check with eddie bolted, we did a similar trip last year in July (i think).
    we did like 6 or seven states in 6 or 7 days. He had some good routes. ask him about the road were Someone was cathing air on their GS1200 while two up pullling a trailer.:D:D the person that gave him the route just said "be careful it's a fun road".... we hit man on the mountian, Mt washington, weirs beach(for a second):deal:lol3. we even hit a couple rallies on the way for a one nite stay. we stayed in primitve camp grounds. we found its nice to plan a rest day where you just camp/hotel one nite at a place and hold up and relax for a half day/day or so. to give a breake from get up at 6 am break camp ride all day and set up camp and reapeat for 7 days strait...:deal
  18. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Being that it's Sunday morning, I decide to indulge a bit this morning and make some crepes!

[​IMG]

May go for a little ride later. :D
  19. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    Craigslist newbie.....

Any of you Cats know of a way to search Craigslist on 1) a specific item, 2) a range of items for various locations without having to go from town to town???:ear

If someone can answer this, I will tell you what I am looking for...:evil

And yes, it is motorcycle related.....:deal

eee
  20. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer: