HDB’s Ultimate Handguards and 10% discount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HDB, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Hi AJ,
    I didn't see any response to your questions, but maybe some PMed you. If not, I'll answer on the thread in case some else was curious as well. For the WRR, you'll want the regular HDB handguards, not the Ultimate handguards. The Ultimate guards are even bigger and beefier and the regular will be plenty for the WRR (even the regular HDB handguards are way tougher than most handguards on the market).

The top clamp bolt pattern for fatbars is 100mmx40mm. If I recall correctly the top clamp bolt pattern for the stock and/or 7/8" bars was 33mmx100mm. If you want the powerlet top clamp, you have to get fatbars since it is only available in fatbar bolt patterns (100x40mm for the WRR). Keep in mind that Paul can get you the fatbars and tap them for you so they'll be ready to install and it all get shipped together from him. That's is what I did. And realize that fatbars still have 7/8" bar ends, so all your stock controls slip right on.

If you want to read a bit more on the top clamp and regular HDB handguards (not the Ultimate handguards), you can check out the following thread. It just happens to have several different WRR in it as well: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544037
  2. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:
    Just ordered my sets today! Even made in the USA!!:deal :clap
  3. jamesp

jamesp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw a couple other people ask this already (& I emailed them) but no response so far...

Will these fit a r1100GS? has anyone actually done it?
  4. sad_story

sad_story Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone every answer this? Any pics available for these mounted on HP2s?
  5. *Gravy*

*Gravy* Jedi Loser

Oddometer:
    Does the discount still apply?

And a bump for what looks to be a great product.
  6. bigalsmith101

bigalsmith101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have crashed three times (good, high-speed dismounts), and the ONE thing I have never had to worry about are HDB Hand Guards mounted to a Fatty Handle bar that came pre-drilled/tapped for the HDB insert.

They are seemingly indestructible, and will be my top clamp / hand guard combo of choice on ANY bike I own in the future if they could fit.

They are just THAT F'ING GOOD.

BEST HAND GUARDS PERIOD.

--Alex
  7. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bumping this TTT.

Paul deserves it. I emailed him inquiring if any other colors (like yellow :D) were available for the TS Shields besides black or white, because if not, I was going to order a set of white shields, plus extra bolts/nuts to do the job.

Before I even had an email back, I received a shipping notice. :huh
    Two days later, a package with shields and extra mounting hardware was in my mailbox. :D

You can't get better customer service than that. :clap

From now on, ALL my handguard business goes to Paul, and I encourage others to consider his products.
  8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:
    I have also had the best customer service in conjunction with the best products made for handguards, top clamp and computer protection, turn-signals; the works. If I ever have to face giving up motorcycles, I'll keep my HDB equipment and mount it on a set of bars in front of me, and continue to relive my glory days in the living room, or in the old folks' home. (Hope that day is loooong ways off.)

I had the misfortune of wandering into a herd of black cattle at night, at speed, on the dirt road in front of my house a couple seasons back

("Full Battle Cattle Rattle)
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621710

and the Highway Dirt Bikes handguards saved my bike, and arguably helped me in the crash as well. My KTM 450 XC-W Six Days has over 7,000 rugged miles on it with these handguards, top clamp, computer protector and turn signals front and rear, and they all look like the day I installed them, save for the scratched spoilers from the gravel rash. And the extra spoilers he gave me got my dream bike cosmetics back up to snuff. Not a tweak, pivot on adjustment, bend or nothing, and the finish is still fantastic. BOMBPROOF.

Never met Paul Degarate, but I know he's our kind of guy.

"Malcolm Smith For President?" Absolutely.

...and Paul for "Secretary of Every Damn Thing Else. Period."

Thanks for the good stuff, Paul.

All the best,

Stovey
  9. i_wanna_moto

i_wanna_moto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order tonight after much discussion with Paul through email. He's a stand up guy.

Now I'm looking forward to bolting 'em on!
  10. SportFaller

SportFaller Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer:
    Paul, you back from vacation yet? I have questions!
  11. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    Hi SportFaller, I'm back, shoot me a PM if I haven't answered your email yet, still wading through them all.

BTW, yes, the discount code "advrider01" was never turned off and is still good. I'll be backed up for a week or 2 clearing the orders received over vacation, so please be patient.
    Rharr likes this.
  12. Motoracer428

Motoracer428 n00b

Oddometer:
    Ordering a set for my Hypermotard. You should post this thread on your website. Or at least the picture comparison of the guards. Way cool.
  13. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I bought a 2009 BMW G650X last year from another inmate who had pre-farkled it a little bit, including HDB handguards. It's a yellow bike with a lot of black on it, but it came with the white shields on it. There were black ones in the box of stuff and I kept meaning to swap them, but never got around to it until recently. Then I noticed that for some reason the right black shield had been trimmed across the top, removing a good bit of it. I have no idea why.

Not being a fan of the trimmed one, I decided to order a new set of black shields. $25 shipped seemed reasonable enough and I placed the order and paid via paypal. A few minutes after I placed the order, I got a shipping email followed immediately by a paypal refund email. It was a refund for the ENTIRE PURCHASE PRICE INCLUDING SHIPPING with a note that just said "These are on me this time" or something similar.

WOW. I was blown away. A few days later, a USPS mailer showed up with the guards. I glanced in the package and then threw them aside for the next trip to the shop. A few days later I remembered to take them to the shop and figured I'd do the swap right fast. Nope, not going to happen "right fast" because upon further inspection, these INCLUDED THE LED TURN SIGNALS! I went to the computer to see how much THOSE should have cost, only to find no price listed and availability was "email us." Interesting. But I like extra farkles, so I was happy to have them.

I had a Wunderlich windscreen I needed to install, too, so it worked out that I had everything apart and the turn signal wires exposed for that anyway so I installed them then. The only things I'd change would be to have about 12" more wire to work with (had to extend it myself, but I'm not complaining! Small price to "pay") and the holes wouldn't *quite* line up on the new shields until I drilled the outer one a bit bigger. But again, tiny little things in the grand scheme (I wouldn't even be complaining about those two things had I paid for them). Just things worth mentioning for folks that might be in the same situation later.

All in all, I do really love the product and this level of service is just incredible. Thank you so much, Paul.

--Donnie
  14. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paul did some custom clamp work for me last week, the results speak for themselves...

[​IMG]

Cant wait to get it all assembled!

thanks again!! Awesome customer service and an all around great guy!!
  15. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

So...............how does the pickup steer now??

That looks like what I wanted to get made for my GPR when I ordered my HDB set up, but decided to leave it until I had more time.

Let us know how it works out.

I sure am happy with my HDB set up. You can even see quite well out of the mirrors..........and that is saying a lot since they are mounted on a 640 KTM paint shaker!

Cheers
  16. Paddle007

Paddle007 Gun Toting Vegetarian. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing but praise for Paul and his products. Always Johnny on the spot with service. Especially great about replacing broken parts and misc. bs when I swapped handlebars. Worked well with Fasst Flexx bars. A pic of the business end on a DR650 with YZ450 USD forks. Very happy. Can you tell?
    [​IMG]
  17. Kurlee

Kurlee 2009: A Bike Odyssey

Oddometer:
    I'm assuming these probably won't work with an R1200GS?
  18. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Can you show a pic from the front of the bike so we can see how the HDB handguards are attached so they can pivot?
    I'd likely gone this route, instead of using BRP's Flexx Mounts (and Cyra guards), if I knew the HDB guards would work with this bar. Instead, I relied on this:

BRP Flexx handlebar mounts are designed to mount your handguards directly thru the pivot tube on your Flexx Handlebar system and don't affect the ability of the handlebar to flexx. The BRP Flexx Mounts are the only available handguard mounting system for the Flexx Handlebar System.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

ktm950se
  19. strider.deano

strider.deano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone else having a problem getting a response from Guy? I've made two request for info on his website and a pm from here......Nothing!
  20. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    Your post was on Saturday. If you're expecting a response on a weekend, you might give him till Monday. We were out riding all weekend :deal