XT1200Z: The new WaspWorks Super Tenere, in detail and the evolution

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Wasp, Jul 2, 2010.

1. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    IMO, the Oxford's are a nicer bit of kit.. the controller is a lot more modern
  2. SuperCruise

SuperCruise Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to mention a fair bit cheaper. Even though I got my Oxfords rolled in to the deal, they cost about $120 to buy normally. How much is Yamaha charging for theirs?
  3. R3B

R3B Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I'm using the Hein Gericke branded Oxford's and for the 40€ they cost its really oldfashioned bang for the buck...

And real warm with ample feedback in the dark through colorcoded leds.
  4. drbig

drbig Solo Sailor

Oddometer:
    Have you put them on the S10 and if so was it an easy fit?
    At the moment with the Temp nearing the 40 C every other day my grips are nice and warm all on their own but one never knows and there might be that one lonely day in January when my fingers just for the heck of it might require a bit of pampering:wink:
  5. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="P8">hand grips.

- Seamlessly fits the Super Tenere.
    - Auto shut-off function conserves battery life.
    - Switch bracket included.
    - Stepless temperature control.
    - Mounting hardware included.
    </td> </tr> <!--<tr> <td colspan="3" class="P8">Stock Qty Available: </td> </tr>--> <tr> <td colspan="3" height="6">
    </td> </tr> <form action="AddToCartFromLink.asp" method="get" name="form1"></form> <tr> <td class="P8" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" width="121">23P-829A0-00 <input name="ProductID" id="ProductID" value="7899" type="hidden"> </td> <td class="NBlue8" valign="top" width="90">$585.90 </td> <td class="NBlue8" valign="top"><input src="http://yshop.yamaha-motor.com.au/yshop/images/add_to_wish_list.gif" border="0" type="image"></td> </tr> <!----> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="P8">[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Fits: 2010 XT1200Z

Bit of a joke really, could think of a couple of accessories ahead of the Ripoff grips
    [/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>
  6. R3B

R3B Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    No as stated elsewhere, Yamaha isn't the only one who can't keep up with the economic upswing, teh HG heated grips are out of stock also :-)

But last year i put them on the XTZ660 and i must say i hand not expected they would keep my hands warm at -20°C we had here last winter.
    The fitting was quite easy, only little prblem was with the cabling, its quite sturdy and at -20 they moved the controller sockets about until i strapped them tight on the headlamp subframe. So strap down the leads firmly :-)

i shook my head too at that price... its very nicely made with new throttlerocker et all, but if going that way, why not incorporate the switch in it???
  7. SuperCruise

Oddometer:
    Add to wishlist? At that price it's more like scratch off wishlist :lol3
  8. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 and BUMP!

I'm much too interested in this thread to have it vanish into obscurity. All together now..POST!! :D
  9. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    This thread is'nt disappearing anytime in the near future.. I have far too many things to post about, For instance:

Coming up tomorrow, The World Premiere, a pictorial description (and all angles P.O.V) of the installation of the worlds first Calsci "shorty tinted sports screen" for the Yamaha S10.:evil

Coming soon, The installation, trial, evaluation, and review of the SW-Motech TRAX Alu-Box three piece luggage system (top and both side boxes) and insert bags including Trax Fotobag (camera-bag) and Trax Expansion bags.:D
    Obviously the usual high quality all angles P.O.V pics will be included.

Coming just as soon, The installation, trial, evaluation, and review of the much awaited SW-Motech S10 crash bars including the obligatory high quality all angles P.O.V pics.

But wait... There's more.
    Coming soon, The installation, trial, evaluation, and review of the yet to be announced SW-Motech S10 alluminium engine/sump guard.
    It goes without saying that you will get to see some pics:deal

Watch this space...

Greg.
  10. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good stuff! I'll definitely stay tuned. :evil :ear Given my sport bike roots, there was a time when I wouldn't have touched this sort of bike with a ten foot pole.

As I've grown older and hopefully wiser, I'm glad I can finally appreciate the 'Swiss Army Knife' nature of the machine. The looks have even grown on me. I think the closest place to see an S10 with the naked eye is in Shizuoka prefecture, so I think that's the next step to take. I'll have to come-up with a better idea for driving that far though...it'll probably be a over-nighter. :lol3
  11. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    You are not alone there.. This is where I was only a few months ago.
    This is not my latest version of these bikes but it is one of my favourites.
    I built this bike about two years ago.
    Not lightning fast but absolutely as quick as any bike in the twisties. Feather lite with gobs of torque

[​IMG]

I would'nt have given a glancing (dirty) look at one of these bikes 6 months ago... But now I love them more and more each time I ride.
    I must say that I have never been as smitten with any of my (very many) other bikes as I have with the S10 - And it's not about looks at all.

Greg.
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    cool!
    motech always makes very high quality parts:
    http://shop.sw-motech.com/lshop,sho...e,1282659595-3267,,SBL.06.162.10000__B,,,.htm
    [​IMG]

13. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    I just "where is'd" Shizuoka prefecture... Jeez, I would have thought SuperTens are falling out of tree's in Japan.

Greg
  14. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Naw, they're classified as a 'reverse import' over here (not a domestic market bike). You can still get'em, but it's hard to find them in a showroom....unless they are super popular, IE R-1, CBR1000, Gixxer 1k, Hayabusa, etc.

Shizuoka encompasses Hamamastu, where Yamaha headquarters is located. It's in the southern half of the main island, SW of Tokyo and NE of Nagoya. I'd say it's about 700KM SW of where I live... Quite the jaunt. Bullet train could chew-up the distance much quicker than a bike....and considering all of the toll roads, I think it might be cheaper. If I had more time on my hands, I'd definitely ride though :wink: A week on the backroads would make for a fun ride.
  15. Red Dust

Red Dust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very interesting thread!
    Might test ride one S10 soon.
    Looking forward to your test of the sport screen since it should minimize turbulence and give some cool air which is good during the summer months.
    Hate turbulence myself so I just simply removed the screen of my Strom and it is next to perfect now, wonder if that method would look good on the S10, will never buy a bike if it is not possible to get rid of turbulence which will damage the hearing, always ride with earplugs but that was not enough until the screen was removed.
    The Trax panniers are great (got them from Motorrad garage) and will look forward to your test on the S10 with them.
    This might be a nice addition to my stable in the future.
    Keep up your good work!
  16. Wizzzzzzzzzzer

Wizzzzzzzzzzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [
    Coming just as soon, The installation, trial, evaluation, and review of the much awaited SW-Motech S10 crash bars including the obligatory high quality all angles P.O.V pics.

Greg.[/quote]

I will be interested to see if the sw-motechcrash bars (that protect the sides ) can be used in combination with the factory bars to provide protection for both the engine and the sides

i have "tested" the crash bars a couple of times with some slow speed offs in deep mud -- the factory engine bars did the job but i still feel the radiator side is vulnerable ....if we can fit the bottoms of the factory together with the sw-motech side protectors i will be sure to buy a set

Please test this Greg when you get a set
  17. SuperCruise

Oddometer:
    I'm more worried about the fairing than the engine sides in a drop as the fairings are plastic not metal,have further to fall and the cylinder heads aren't vulnerable like they are on boxer engines. As such, the SW motech jobbies interest me more at this time.
  18. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The bar looks nice; I use Motech bars and racks entirely on my bike and I trust their products. However, this bar seems to me like it may create more damage during a fall. I may be mistaken but the support points seem to be at the bottom and the upper bends seem to stand alone, or I can not see it good on the photo.
  19. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
  20. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Drool inducing!