Motorcycle Mufflers, Exhausts and DR Farkles

Discussion in 'OZ Vendors & Flea Market' started by mcperformance, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mcperformance

mcperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Slapper,
    It is only slightly louder than stock.
    I was looking at also making the outlet bigger (for a bit more noise & hopefully performance) but this will take time & more Dyno runs to see how it is running (Tune).
    The current mod I do works very well (Is noticable difference over stock in performance, & Torque up to 10%) & have done Dyno's so we know it is running well. (Proven Product)
    In fact it was independly tested by Cycle Torque Magazine in Sydney, & the tester was so impressed he wanted one for himself.
    This mod was specifically designed for those who want to keep the bike quiet.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Chappy.

2. slapper

slapper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the reply Chappy :)
    can you please give me a price for the mod'd standard delivered to metro Adelaide?

cheers,
    Slapper
  3. terb

terb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    NICE!!.......:clap
  4. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Hey there need Some work done onmy rally project see links below

just need first 6" of header and a link pipe to muffler I have mid pipe ready to go

Cheers mudders
  5. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Mudguts,
    It was good talking to you on the phone the other week.
    Sorry I couldn't help you at the time (Had too much on) but glad to hear you had it under control when I spoke to you last.
    Hope to catch up with you at Delegate.
    Now I just got to decide on the Dr or Tenere to take.
    Chappy.
  6. fifthgear

fifthgear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HI Mark

Really happy with the new muffler ,weights lighter, sounds and looks better than stock and the bike performs better I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Terry
  7. kerrystewart

kerrystewart stewy

Oddometer:
    Here is a report on a set of twin exhausts I purchased from Mark Chaplain for my Super Tenere,
    First I have to say I thought the Super Tenere was a little disappointing of the show room floor,
    but when you consider the restrictions that have been applied to all vehicles in this country now in the name of clean air, I'm not surprised.
    So the first thing to do to make this bike perform the way it should is to change the exhaust, along with the air filter.
    Not wanting to spend the outrageous amount of money on the usual names available
    I turn to a home grown brand, which was a bit disappointing it leaked at the link pipe joint, it burned the pillion with hot air because it was to short and it resonated when you put the panniers on the bike.
    Looking for another solution I turned to Mark. (For those who don’t know is the Australian importer for Motorcycle Exhaust)www.mcperformance.com.au
    Mark was toying with the idea of twin exhausts, giventhe fact the XT1200 is a twin cylinder this sounded like a good idea.
    I believe he also does a great single option.
    Well the results are amazing, the engine now performs the way it should the mid range has improved
    the joint at the header pipe doesn't leak because the fitting is so precise you don't need clamps to hold it together
    and there is no heat build up to cook the pillion.
    Add to this set up a K & N air filter and just recently I have done the ECU unleashed mod to the computer
    this bike now feels the way it was supposed to. Unfortunately I don't have access to a dyno to get a the figures on
    power increases, so I can only go on what the bike feels like to ride, also I might add the economy has improved
    I'm getting an extra 30 km's to the tank on a trip.
    I have also had my SW Motech pannier racks altered to fit over the right hand side exhaust, there is no resonating
    coming from the mufflers when the panniers are fitted. And as an added bonus the sound is incredible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Kerry,
    Thanks for the feed back.
    Glad we could prove that our products are every bit as Good & in some cases a better product than some of the big names on the market (For a fraction of the cost)
    Enjoy your twin mufflers.
    Chappy.
    in
  9. Edge

Edge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi I need to know if you do a system for the 660 tenere need to get rid of that ugly heavy thing under the back.
  10. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Edge,
    Nothing as yet for your model 660 only the twin muffler model.
    Require muffler for template
    Regards,
    Mark.
  11. mcperformance

Oddometer:
    Hi Slapper,
    $250 plus postage.
  12. Burgo650

Burgo650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, when you find a great business to spend ya hard earned at, it's worth sharing around. Everybody wins in the end and we need to support these guys to keep them in the game :D

I was looking for a new muffler for my DR. After speaking to Mark from MC performance, I decided this sounded the best for me.

[​IMG]

Mark is a top bloke to deal with. He returns phone calls and emails :clap and has plenty of info on hand and plenty of systems to suit many makes n models.
    The quality of his S/S mufflers are second to none and the fit was spot on, plus that deep note coming out the back is awesome.

So if your looking for a new exhaust I can recommend talking to Mark Chaplain

http://www.mcperformance.com.au

Cheers
  13. crazy cat

crazy cat Crazy cat

Oddometer:
    Hi I am looking for a cat bypass and muffler for an xl700v transalp 08 .thanks