Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Prices went up Sept 1 but not that much. The $90 is probably a truck in for southern Ontario.

The Northern Ontario price went up from $41 to $45

Motorcycle in North is 21 and 42 in the south

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/vehicle-registration-platespermits
  2. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    My 7 plates (with full insurance) will be $4300... So I don't want to hear any whining from the Middle East...
  3. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    You pay $4300 for insurance? For the bikes alone? If true, I shall never bitch about my $700 insurance bill, ever again. OMG!
    Lyle
  4. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    $1600 for a KLR with fully monty...
  5. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:

cripes...I gotta pay four bucks more now...whaa!

seriously. I saw the form and it said $90 but now Thorne shows me her form and its $45 for the gmc. huh.

Well I guess its business as usual with the 7 bike shuffle.
  6. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Yes ours is just for plates, insurance is a separate matter.
  7. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    Everybody knows you go where you look. When I did my first Total Control course last year (Level 1) a few things jumped out at me, fundamentals that I had gotten extremely lacks with over 35 years of riding. One of the biggest ones was turning my damn head! I guess that came from ogling other women in the presence of my GF's. :rofl

Since that time I force myself to turn my head when riding. I also have to force myself to look WAY up the road on the hwy instead of a few hundred feet. It's a very interesting sensation. It's like seeing the entire world in 3D for the first time. Objects appear stationary way up the road, but you pick up the trees and stuff close up whizzing buy in your peripheral vision. Love it.

Anyway, glad you liked the pics and maybe you'll notice that you don't turn your head enough and it'll spur a change.
  8. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    And this may be yet another example of "going where you look". This guy apparently provided a great laugh for those following behind in their "dash cam" equipped Eastern European car that gets "300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene" :huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NQZYZYJ-7U

Mike
  9. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Here is a link to a series of pictures, and a classic example of the wrong way to go through a corner, at Deals Gap . The fellow is focused on getting his picture taken and likely begins his turn too late, drags some metal and scares out, stands the bike up and runs into the car. Note not a single skid mark and the car is close to stopped (except for movement trying avoid the crash) when they make contact.

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK01AY080000&po=0&pc=28
  10. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    You don't need to go all 3rd world to see that kinda stuff first hand!

A couple of years ago, at the end of a 16KM trip, I was riding the Dragon a few days before heading home. Naturally we caught up to some chrome turtle who was dragging everything on nearly ever corner. So I took the opportunity to snap some over the shoulder pics at my buddies behind me.

At some point, he must've seen me in a chrome flamed mirror that will eviscerate him at the site his first accident. He keeps turning around and looking back at me. Sure enough, next corner he looks over his shoulder BEHIND HIM , at me - riding one handed.

... Aaaaannnndd... their he goes. Off the road.

P.S.: The only reason I rode the Dragon at all was to show my gf. Otherwise, theirs way better roads with way less traffic than that shit show.
  11. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I feel sorry for him, as it clearly wasn't his fault.
    To start with, he's riding a cruiser and everybody knows you can only use the rear brake or you'll crash...
    Then of course he couldn't use the brake as everybody knows you can't brake in a corner or you'll crash...
    Then there was that damn photographer who set the whole thing up by distracting him with his camera so he'd crash...
    Poor guy never stood a chance. :cry
    On the plus side, he'll probably go back to four wheels. :clap
  12. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    But'cha gotta admit, that boy had some serious hang-time.
  13. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, good point. He may have skydiving in his future!
  14. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Would have been a internet viral hit if he had landed on his feet.

Edit
    I downloaded the series and animated it. I don't think he had a lot of time to correct. Should have let off the gas and drove the front end into the corner and continued hard turning and dragging his pegs and laying it down if necessary. Even without the car he was heading into a tree or at least of the edge of the drop on the left side of the road.

I cannot really blame the photographer, they are on every corner, it is up to the driver to be aware of his path and speed.

(Image will loop 6 times)

[​IMG]
  15. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play Mad about thumpers

Oddometer:
    Obviously his pipes weren't loud enough....
  16. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Funny how the left front fender of the Vette was red, then black after he hit it?
    Lyle
  17. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    The black, was were the fender used to be!!!
  18. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Okay then, easy fix? Just bolt on new fiberglass?
  19. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Fall riding
    [​IMG]
    I've been out a fair bit. A few nasty days I didn't ride, but took the KLR out on the hwy yesterday for 140 km. it was pretty cold.
    Today I went to the insurance and thought I would take the policy off the KLR for the season, just run the Sherpa
    Well, instead of taking one bike off, I added one ! There is no cost to have the bike on the policy now, as the revenue earning months are for the summer. If I took the KLR off, I would realize zero saving, and adding another bike adds zero increase in premium.
    Hope everyone is satisfied with the riding they did this year......
  20. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    I got 5 trips in so pretty happy. Probably never got enough fishing in. Only made it out a few times and I am within 10 minutes of a boat launch.

Making ride plans for next year already