2012 Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ladybug, Oct 18, 2011.

?

Which meals do you plan to have in camp?

1. Fri. Dinner - Fajita Friday hosted by Apple Jam & Mustang Shelly - donation

2. Sat. Dinner - Catered by Leary's - $10.00 per person

3. Sun. Morning - Breakfast Sandwiches -

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jc9995

jc9995 Commuting BEAST :)

Oddometer:
    I'm down for this....
  2. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Lunch? Eat breakfast and get an early start so I'm not pacing around camp after dark wonder where those danged riders are. :lol3 A couple years ago we were about ready to send out a search crew about the time a few tired, hungry boys came dragging in...... :D

Darn but at least you are getting a new bike. :thumb Pictures please.
  3. jc9995

jc9995 Commuting BEAST :)

Oddometer:
    Ladybug,
    #1, You have me and my buddy down as "IN", but he is now bringing his dad also! Not sure what his dads name is, so we will call him Aaron's Dad... clever I know.
    #2, Aaron and father are both in for all three options in the poll. they dont have an account on here (yet) so they cant vote. I wanted to let you know so people get an accurate count.
    #3, Holy CRAP Im getting excited!. :) Anything you can do about the whole "Space/Time-Continuum" thing to speed this up? Would be appreciated, thanks in advance lady.... and thanks a bunch for coordinating this whole thing.:clap
  4. walla walla Bob

walla walla Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    YIPPIE I'm down to only 6 days before we leave for Enterprise.:clap We have a new rider in the family. Elklvrgirl's son got his endorsement this spring and he will ridng her KLR250 this year.
  5. asrvivor

asrvivor Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer:
    BUMP!

All you clowns saying how you aren't that good at riding are gonna learn something. IT DON"T MATTER! This event has everything from walking (usually because of broken bike but ?) to super high speed "Maxacceleration" gravel highway. Do not worry about ability. You will be happy.,..............

Sabrina, Show up dammit!
  6. Ryel

Ryel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we will show up Asrvivor, just don't expect us to KEEP UP! we have heard about you and S1 and HellsAlien, can't fool us!
  7. Mustangshelly

Mustangshelly Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer:
    NOOOOOOOO! You must attend! I need some fun girls to ride with!
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    So what's the hold up on Aaron and AaronDad dragging their feet with signing up on ADV? They want to check us out first? :evil Not to worry we will pass with flying colors . . . . .

Thanks for letting me know their poll selections.

Anyone else bringing non ADVers you can post their poll options here or shoot me a PM. Along with nOObs we like non-ADVers and want to be sure to have enough food for everyone.:D
  9. zedx9

zedx9 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

We know that:deal We're just herding up early:lol3
  10. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    LadyBug, I'm bringing another person and posted in the poll for bofus. We should have posted "in" on Sunday morning too but didn't. So double me plus two more on Sunday

1911fan
  11. fatherof4

fatherof4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I salvaged some wood from the neighbors when the power company trimmed their trees.
    I will see how much I can get stuffed in the rig to add to the fire wood pile.

I sure hope the weather for this trip is better than what I rode thru today.

I left on Saturday morning to ride with my son who is home from the Marines.
    He bought a 2012 HD sportster and was riding it to Minden Nebraska. We got as far as Rock Springs Wy before I had to turn back to be at work tomorrow. I woke up in Ontario Or this morning to wind and rain and rode the next 250 in wind-rain and snow. Life is a big adventure. Glad to be home.
  12. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    WOW looks like you had a challenging ride. I hope your son gets to his destination on that HD with no problems.

Thanks, I added this to my count. :thumb
  13. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    Found it in Mapquest...thanks, but trying to figure out where it comes out...or is it a loop? :ear
  14. asrvivor

asrvivor Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer:
    That's a secret! You'll have to just come along.:freaky
  15. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    Bummed...I posted already that I can't attend. I'm willing to follow most roads but I do like to know where they come out! :D
  16. fatherof4

fatherof4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He made it there safely Monday night.

We did have problems with the HD before we left though. Only 5 days after picking it up and 300 miles on it the voltage regulator went out. This was on Friday the day before we had to leave.

A big thanks to Owens Cycle in Yakima. Even though they didn't sell the bike, the service manager Paul, talked to the owner Dean and he ok'd taking the part off a new bike to get him on the road for our Saturday morning departure.
  17. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    There are fun women attending Shelly! LB, Magoo, L2RideKatie, Elk, KRH,bskye et al.

I'm just on the fence -- haven't completely fallen to the "OUT" side.... and trust me... hanging on to the fence with all my strength! I love this gathering!!!
  18. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    No loop, Dug Bar ends at the river. You turn around and enjoy the road back out. It's about 120 miles in and out with no gas along the way so be sure you have plenty. Imnaha Tavern along the way has decent food if you are hungry. Enjoy the ride even if you don't get to do it with the fun kids. :D

Glad he got there safely. It's too bad there were some problems with the bike right off the bat but it's great the dealer took care of you. Stories like that are good to hear.
  19. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Oh you over rate me. Its the S1 super nutter gravel highway. :evil
    No Triumph this year - I'm arriving yuppie elitist beemer dude.

Common sense to all! Fun but safe folks.
    Watch out for those 10' cows!...:eek1

For anyone who wants to, I am riding in from Asotin by dirt. Weds morning at 8-9 am Asotin gas station. Arriving in Clarkston tues eve and grabbing a motel if anyone wants to split costs.

Bring on the wind, rain, sun and.........................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. FloorPoor

FloorPoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm officially OFF the fence, but am not going to make it. :cry:cry:cry:cry

I've spent the last couple of months working on the road, and will use the time off scheduled to take my kids camping. Maybe next year.