CroMag Campout 2013 September 19-22

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by shrineclown, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    Now, that sounds like a game plan that i can handle!
  2. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Thank you Guymanbro, for taking this aspect of CroMag on. I am certain there will be much fun had, and stories to tell when you all get back.

Please do listen to his admonitions. He knows well of what he speaks.

Just an FYI, I finally got a Geiggerrig hydration pack myself and it is the bomb. Thanks to Cromoth. They have a thread in Vendors that will get you some doodads with it. Little guy caught an edge and cut in front of me saving it as I was pointed down hill at speed this winter on a boiler plate day on about a 15 pitch. Had to give up the edge not to kill him and did the slide for life for about 100 yards. Figured the pack would be junk...not a thing wrong with it. Bladder did not even burst. Everything else I had in it was crushed to smithereens...but the pack was fine. For those who know the impact that held up to, that is good advertising. Say nothing of the whole squirting thing which is pretty handy on the bike. YMMV. But a good way to stay hydrated out there.
  3. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Too much talk about rides and bikes and shit. This is the important business:

BGS Selection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:freaky:1drink:clap
  4. FixxiT

FixxiT Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmm...:scratch

I dont see any Long Trail Triple-Bag.. I wait 12 long months every year for this event to roll around..my only chance at obtaining the elusive Triple-Bag..
    Which, as everyone knows, is NOT FOR SALE in South Flugistan :cry

Toss out the <STRIKE>Labatts</STRIKE> <STRIKE>Molson</STRIKE> <STRIKE>Fosters</STRIKE> <STRIKE>Gingerale</STRIKE> Pabst & toss in some Triple-Bag...

GUY

Who's in charge over there!

:hide :lol3
  5. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    I am riding up this week to discuss what their stores should be. They are new.....it will work out.
  6. majorhavoc

majorhavoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So another relative noob here with what some may consider a question with a rather obvious answer. (Obvious to everyone but me).

Is it kosher to come to this event with the expectation of doing just road rides or really basic off road stuff? (ie gentle logging roads)

I'd be on a KLR650, but I do not have off road riding gear and my off road riding skills are nowhere near adequate for what people seem to be talking about for the planned technical loop.

I ask this question because I'm wondering if the "CroMag" moniker might have something to do with the expected primitive riding conditions. And that evolved (ie soft) riders like me might not fit in.

I can say however that my technical drinking craft-brewed beer around a campfire skills are top notch.
  7. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    IN!

And on the other you will not be alone, there will plenty of that type of riding too.

MAN
  8. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    You will fit right in....

Don't stress the rides - everyone does their own thing, there are no organized rides as such. If all you want to do is ride the road, I'm sure you'll find a group to ride with. There are a number of different groups -GuymanBRO's group is just one of them (and he's nuts anwyay :D).

Come along, you'll have a blast :freaky
  9. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Ok fuckers,,,,,whats going on here?:evil
    Im out for the west trip,,,,so,,,,,,,little bikes,,,whos ride'n trails?

Ill go just to hang with my old pal's,Merc,and yes even evil.:deal
    All I got is little bikes that piss people off,,so tell me its worth thrown one in the Sprinter.:ear
  10. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Awww, sucky, now. Let's go AWM. You'll freakin' love the loop I put together. (And PBR tallboy sixxers are $4.99).

And for others, like MajorHavoc, the beauty of CroMag and VT in general, is that there is great riding everywhere no matter the kind of bike you ride. Finding the good dirty bits takes a bit more effort, so I've put together some tracks to keep the truly unruly dirty riders happy.

From Harleys to trail-hounds, the goods will be found.
  11. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

Last year I was on a Lc8,an we did the off road loop,or most of it.:evilUnga would have to tell ya where we went,,i don't pay attention to that shit.:lol3
    We almost got in a fight with some locals,,so that was cool.
    Unless I get the stator fixed on the Lc4,im on a 2 stroke.:dealSo im basicly on a 2 stroke.

Ah,,,,you don't wanta see me drink,bra.....:huhMama made me promise no felony's for 2013.:cry
  12. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last year myself (drz400) and four others (kdx200,xr400,wr400,ktm300) started with the dual sport route. I led ,as I was the only one with a roll sheet holder. After getting off course a few times,we just stayed to the dirt roads. Most of these roads progress from maintained gravel, to jeep trail, to atv/snowmobile trail. The GPS got us back to Silver Lake when we started to get hungry (and thirsty). There we very few small bikes last year, but it looks like a much larger bunch this year. There is no lack of riding choices.
  13. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
  14. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

Roads of any kind are over rated.:norton

Gas would be my only concern.I get bout 60miles out of a tank.
  15. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Poacher Bob

Poacher Bob Persona non grata

Oddometer:
    They all do that..:deal
  17. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    You will be fine, even if you are premixing.
  18. Merlin III

Merlin III Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sign me up! Be arriving on Friday. Going back to Veg this year. Thanks again Clark for all your efforts!
  19. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Guy, flower sniffing tour on saturday?

I'll hook up the GPS, can lead a 2nd group if we get too big if that'll help. Large groups can be a clusterfuck.

Now, where are those spare tubes....
  20. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    You bringing the 950 ??