D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. VOLdog

VOLdog Motorcycle related jobs ??

Oddometer:
    Hummm , Thought I clicked on the Basement there for a moment.....:D
  2. Red Sand

Red Sand Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It's going to be 39 degrees and sunny in the mountains Saturday

How come snowmobile people get out there and have fun but we (mostly) don't?

3. DirtDabber

DirtDabber cultural illiterate

Oddometer:
    I have ridden bits and pieces of this over the years but never done it in one continuous loop ride. There are a couple roads that may close in the winter like Coweeta Lab to Standing Indian (F-H). It should be a mix of great FS, backroad asphalt, and gromed twisties with some high elevation thrown in for the mix. I routed it through Franklin for fuel and food but there are alternatives if you hunt around a bit.

For some strange reason it is not routing back into Clayton via Warwoman when I add the link but you can play with it and figure it out. Just over 200 miles.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=W+Savannah+St&amp;daddr=Germany+Rd+to:patterson+Gap+Rd+to:patterson+Gap+Rd+to:Mulberry+Rd+to:State+Rd+1110%2FCoweeta+Lab+Rd+to:National+Forest+Rd+to:Standing+Indian+Campground,+National+Forest+Road,+Franklin,+NC+to:Rainbow+Springs+Rd+to:Forest+Service+Rd+711+to:State+Rd+1365%2FOtter+Creek+Rd+to:NC-28+S%2FUS-64+E%2FHighlands+Rd+to:State+Rd+1001%2FEllijay+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:NC-107+S+to:NC-215+S+to:SC-130+S%2FWhitewater+Falls+Rd+to:Burrells+Ford+Rd+to:GA-28+N+to:Warwoman+Rd&amp;geocode=FRs0FAIdLl8H-w%3BFWFfFAIdk6wG-w%3BFfSiFQIdzEEG-w%3BFTnNFQIdmMoG-w%3BFSIxFgIdqDIH-w%3BFfDMFgIdg3sH-w%3BFbxwFgIdtM8F-w%3BFfk3FwIdEnUF-yHCsVx0omIVwSn9NzYdSCpZiDHCsVx0omIVwQ%3BFTMOGAIdDAkE-w%3BFdQKGQIdiEYE-w%3BFT0RGgIddZQE-w%3BFQGBGAIdCbwI-w%3BFaZ-GQIdDcEJ-w%3BFSRhGgIddKoK-w%3BFSAuGgIdvKUL-w%3BFUYCGgIdwr0O-w%3BFZBqFgId9TIN-w%3BFTFfFQIdQDIL-w%3BFWsYFQIdJKQK-w%3BFXo6FAIdXo0H-w&amp;aq=1&amp;oq=standin&amp;sll=35.090104,-83.23862&amp;sspn=0.492177,1.056747&amp;t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=ls&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=35.090104,-83.23862&amp;spn=0.423226,0.814369&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=W+Savannah+St&amp;daddr=Germany+Rd+to:patterson+Gap+Rd+to:patterson+Gap+Rd+to:Mulberry+Rd+to:State+Rd+1110%2FCoweeta+Lab+Rd+to:National+Forest+Rd+to:Standing+Indian+Campground,+National+Forest+Road,+Franklin,+NC+to:Rainbow+Springs+Rd+to:Forest+Service+Rd+711+to:State+Rd+1365%2FOtter+Creek+Rd+to:NC-28+S%2FUS-64+E%2FHighlands+Rd+to:State+Rd+1001%2FEllijay+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:NC-107+S+to:NC-215+S+to:SC-130+S%2FWhitewater+Falls+Rd+to:Burrells+Ford+Rd+to:GA-28+N+to:Warwoman+Rd&amp;geocode=FRs0FAIdLl8H-w%3BFWFfFAIdk6wG-w%3BFfSiFQIdzEEG-w%3BFTnNFQIdmMoG-w%3BFSIxFgIdqDIH-w%3BFfDMFgIdg3sH-w%3BFbxwFgIdtM8F-w%3BFfk3FwIdEnUF-yHCsVx0omIVwSn9NzYdSCpZiDHCsVx0omIVwQ%3BFTMOGAIdDAkE-w%3BFdQKGQIdiEYE-w%3BFT0RGgIddZQE-w%3BFQGBGAIdCbwI-w%3BFaZ-GQIdDcEJ-w%3BFSRhGgIddKoK-w%3BFSAuGgIdvKUL-w%3BFUYCGgIdwr0O-w%3BFZBqFgId9TIN-w%3BFTFfFQIdQDIL-w%3BFWsYFQIdJKQK-w%3BFXo6FAIdXo0H-w&amp;aq=1&amp;oq=standin&amp;sll=35.090104,-83.23862&amp;sspn=0.492177,1.056747&amp;t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=ls&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=35.090104,-83.23862&amp;spn=0.423226,0.814369" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
  4. presidio94

presidio94 Adventurer

Oddometer:

I had a blast man! Not sure how I feel about getting blown off a greasy single track trail by a skinny dude on the XR 650! Impressive riding skills.....gotta be the peg mod that you did to it.:D
  5. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Dirtdabber

Looks like a fun loop. When are you guys going?

Is it a big bike kinda thing?

Cheers for the link to the map. That area is still a maze to me even though I've ridden up there a few dozen times...
  6. DirtDabber

Oddometer:
    Should be a big bike friendly loop but roads change up here depending on if and how they are maintained.

No plans on a trip but I am always exploring.
  7. Lost on Row 1

Lost on Row 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DirtDabber

Thank you very much for the loop map.
  8. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone here know what the Cherohala looks like this weekend. We're heading up to Clinton Tn to get a bike for my wife in the morning, and would like to let the kiddies play in some snow.
  9. Jud

Jud Long timer

Oddometer:

If Blood Mountiain is any indication,,,,,, I think you will find yer snow!
  10. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Vacume leak ?
    Aftermarket Fuel pump :scratch Too much Fuel Pressure ...
    Carbs vented properly ?
    De-Smogged ?
    :ear
  11. Lost on Row 1

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f3aJ7Q2mCmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. DirtDabber

Oddometer:
    He's going to clog his arteries doing that...
  13. Lost on Row 1

Oddometer:
    If you want to impress me....get some dipping sauce. Who eats those things without dipping sauce?
    :puke1
  14. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    I was a skinny guy before I started eating fried food during my backflips. :nod
  15. DirtDabber

Oddometer:
    Bad day for riding, time to go hiking instead.
  16. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Brown Dog

Bikes all stock w all the emissions crap still on it. I'm going to clean the carbs and jets, sync them and see if it helps. Researching the issues I've read about TPS issues and a ton of other options. In the near future I'm going to ditch the stock cans and add a Rottweiler intake. Just wanted to try and get rid of the stumble and let the ol girl open up.

My schedule won't let me dig too deep into the bike as it'll be weeks to get anything done and put back together. I commute to work on the bike and hate missing out on that little bit of seat time.

Just wondering if there was anyone in the state that works magic on the LC8's...
  17. AtlantaViking

AtlantaViking Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose....

Yesterday I took a loooong drive to go look at an 09 Kawi KLX that had 200 miles on it. Spoke to the owner over the phone and asked if any issues with it and he was surprised that I asked and was like 'no, there's only 200 miles on it what could be wrong??' He sent some pics and the thing looked ok. He did mention a dead battery.

So I get there, and we are sitting in the common area of his appt community doing our greetings and such, and he tells me he has the bike running to charge the battery and I was like great. We talked for about 20 min and then made our way out to where the bike was in the parking lot. Smoke everywhere, bike had overheated (no fans in that bike) and it had puked out all of its coolant in the parking lot and had been running hot for who know how long. This has me second guessing this purchase...then I check the site glass and the oil is nasty and way over the glass. Tilt the bike over and when its almost completely over on its side the site glass clears (had to be at least a quart high in a 1.5 qt case).

I ponder this situation, oh for about a minute or two, and finally say 'you know what? I think I'm going to pass'

I didn't even mention a rusted solid chain, salt corrosion all over the place, busted levers.

'Issues? what issues could there be on a 200 mile bike??'...sheesh...Thanks Craigslist!
  18. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Heck, that's a good CL experience.
  19. DirtDabber

Oddometer:
    Yep, I went to look at a KLR like that one time. Two bent rims and "my wife will find the title...."

Pass
  20. judobiker

judobiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look for the updated post that reads "just charged the battery and flushed the coolant. Ready to ride anywhere"