Vapor Recovery Nozzle Tool,aka GasCard

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Kai Ju, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let's start the New Year with some good news: This great tool is still for sale, and at last year's price.
    What this means is that all of you that forgot to get their friends something for Christmas can now make up for it at the same old price of 1 for $5 or 5 for $20. What deal.

Or just treat yourself to one, or two...like this gent:

"I just ordered five more.

My last batch I gave four to friends...then I lost mine when I left my pocket open. So got some more coming and I am gonna keep some spares for ME because once you have this thing you don't wanna be without. "

Here are some more Testimonials
    <!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message -->Thanks to all of you who liked the tool, and said so:

Just tried this today and it worked really well.
    I have a KTM 990 Adventure and filling up its dual tanks is always a hassle. Its easy to have gas spray back if you don't get the correct combination of nozzle angle/gas flow and vapor boot pull back.
    The tool was easy to slip on and gave plenty of visibility when fueling up, especially since I now can now do it one handed.
    I keep the tool in my glove box. Well worth 5 bucks.
    A metal version might be nice.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Mine showed up right away, mailed fast.
    Only tried 2 gas stations so far but it fits right. Made the Chevron a lot easier and nicer to be able to see into the tank when topping off.

And with my ST1100, I stick it under the fuel door so i don't have to dig it out of a pocket when I fill up. A little spot of velcro might hold it in place for other bikes...
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Anti Vapor recovery tool
    Yepper, happy camper here. Works great. I also used it on my gas can.

Good Luck
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

I received my order. Thanks for the quick service.

This gizmo is so light, it would only need a small piece of velcro to stick it to something. Also, it would be easy to drill a hole for a lanyard of some type. I say leave it as is, inexpensive and simple, and let user make their own mods if needed.

If you decide to make a metal version, I'd suggest experimenting with the shape of the slot - there might be a way to make it double as a bottle opener.

Thanks Alex, I got mine today. It only took 13 days to get here due to Canadian customs and the great mail system.
    I'll let you know how I like it sometime in the spring.

Cheers

Okay, I finally got around to trying this thing, awesome. I like the hole design over the Aerostich version, it is less likely to fall off the nozzle. Held the vapor thing back perfectly. Heavy construction yet lightweight. At this time I can't think of any needed improvements.
    You should mass produce these babies with ads for cycle shops,mags, etc. Much better than keyrings. Let me know if you want someone walk these around the SF bay area.

I used mine today for the first time...works GREAT!
    I had put it in my wallet next to my credit card so I'd remember to use it.
    It also fits perfectly in the little pocket on the right forearm of my 'stich.
    Two thumps up!

I got my tool today. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Its the size of a credit card and about 4 cards thick. I haven't tried it out yet, but I am impressed by the design. I'm hoping I'll need some gas this weekend to try it out on. I learned last weekend how much of a pain it is to fill a tank on a GS with the nozzle's foreskin, so hopefully this will make it easier.

I have used mine a few times now, works great.

Works great with our "advanced" California nozzles. Thanks for coming up with these Kai Ju.

I used mine on my airhead which has always been a problem when trying to top-up. Wished I'd had one o these 30 years ago...

I reviewed this tool a month ago. Originally only tried it on an old pump and the nozzle didn't allow it to lock in place. Now that it has been over a month, I have used this tool a bunch. It works fantastic on all modern pumps. I use it everytime I fill up now.

I bought one of these for my fly & ride from Seattle to SE AZ, it worked perfectly.

At my last gas stop in California I filled up and then watched a herd of Harleys across the lot doing the same thing. They were having issues holding the pump sleeve back so I went over and popped this tool on their pump and told them to go at it. They were completely amazed and wanted to know where I got it. Karma being the rule I gave them mine so now I'll have to buy another if I end up going back through CA.

Great tool and highly recommended.

Great for your gas can fill ups!
    I use this product when I fuel up my Rotopax gas container, and it works great!

No more overfilling the gas can, I can see inside the neck of the can to judge when to stop the flow.

Thanks for a handy and useful product.

Ordered two more. Can never have too many Xmas stocking stuffers.

Just used mine again an hour ago, this thing just plain works.

I lost one and my life is incomplete without all three. PM sent to acquire another one of this life-affirming miracle product.

Well I finally got a chance to use the Vapour tool..........we took a trip to NorCal and it was needed there.
    I drilled a small hole in mine, attached one of those retractable key ring thingies to the tool and a pocket on the AeroStich..........and it worked great!!
    All the guys I travelled with wanted one.
    Do yourself a favour and get one or two.

Cheers

Just did a ride thru California on my K1600GT. Your tool worked fantastic.
    My suggestion, especially in California......Don't leave home with out it.

Thanks again

Just got mine today and tried it out. Worked great!! Thanks for making a great inexpensive product.

Looks like a great idea for the CARB nozzles we have to deal with in California. I'd like to get one or more and sent a PM.

Thanks

I bought ten of these little wonders as gifts for my riding buddies, think I should buy some more, great tool super price
    Thanks again

Got It!
    Thanks a lot....great product and cheap!

Been using this Nozzle Tool, and it helps alot!
    I like thats its plastic cause if you bump the tank during fill-ups, it won't scratch it.

Great tool, and great idea.

I got one of these gadgets and tried it for the first time yesterday. It's dead simple and works great. If you live where you have to deal with EFN nozzles do yourself a favor and have Kai Ju send one to you.

just used mine, like I do every time I get gas, awesome.

These are great tools, have given many out as gifts
    Alex see you at the swap meet this month for another purchase of ten. Also if you haven't tried his funnels out, they work super
    Happy holidays
    Jim

You just saved yourself from reading seventeen pages. If the above comments don't make you want one, or several, of these
    I don't know what else will.

Belly up to the bar and spend some money, would you ? .:d

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  2. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    It's Long Beach Motorcycle Swap Meet Time.

This is your chance to meet me, myself and I, in person and to be able to purchase this cool tool on the spot.
    Tell you what, if you mention ADV Rider in word or salute (:D) you can have the tool for $4.00 since I won't have to pay paypal fees or shipping.
    Heck, you might even get to use it on the way home. How cool is that ?

Here is a link to the Swap Meet: http://www.socalcycleswapmeet.com/about

After you purchase your tool in space 440 you can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the parking lot at Veterans Stadium and who knows, you may find something you weren't even looking for.

See you there !
  3. slowsled

slowsled n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, Would like to buy 2. I live in NorCal so this is the only
    way to find you. I searched a long time for a way to buy online
    and the only way is to register at advrider.com and post to the
    forum. Do you have another web presence that does not require
    joining a forum? Thanks, Slowsled
  4. fishfaceklr

fishfaceklr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want to buy five for $20 please pm me place to send $$$$
    Thanks,

Dave
  5. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Slowsled, just sent you an e-mail. And since you already signed up, hang out for a bit and have fun on ADV Rider. You'd be amazed what you can find here...
  6. Dyn Blin

Dyn Blin Irn Bru Lover

Oddometer:
    PM and PayPal inbound, weather is good for the weekend and I will give away my last few on hand for Super Bowl bets I tend to lose.
  7. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Slowsled and Dyn Blin, your tools shipped on Friday.

Thanks again for your purchase.
  8. Ssquared

Ssquared n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll bump this by saying thank you for creating these. The money has been sent to your PayPal for 5.
  9. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the bump, the tools are on their way.
  10. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    What time is it ?

<!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message -->It's Long Beach Motorcycle Swap Meet Time.

This is your chance to meet me, myself and I, in person and to be able to purchase this cool tool on the spot.
    Tell you what, if you mention ADV Rider in word or salute (:d) you can have the tool for $4.00 since I won't have to pay paypal fees or shipping.
    Heck, you might even get to use it on the way home. How cool is that ?

Here is a link to the Swap Meet: http://www.socalcycleswapmeet.com/about

After you purchase your tool in space 440 you can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the parking lot at Veterans Stadium and who knows, you may find something you weren't even looking for.

See you there !

Shamefully, this is a copy and paste of post 242,
    Very lazy I agree, but that's how this cool tool came about.
    I was too lazy to hold the boot while filling a 6 gallon tank.
    Don't get stuck holding the boot !!!

<!-- / message -->
  11. Kavan

Kavan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like get if $20 for 5 deal still available?

K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  12. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Yes it is, I believe that I already replied to your pm, so thanks for the purchase.
  13. JourneyRider.com

JourneyRider.com Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a handy tool.
  14. Kavan

Kavan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    haven't seem your PM yet. Once I get it, will make Paypal payment.

K
  15. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Kavan, mistook somebody else's pm for yours and replied to that. :doh You now have your own pm.

MacGuyver101, your namesake would wholeheartedly agree and probably make his own. :D
    Lucky for you, mine is for sale so you don't have to scrounge up the material and tools to make one for yourself. Just pm me for payment info.

Quick reminder to the folks local to Long Beach CA.
    Motorcycle Swap Meet at Veterans Stadium,
    I'll be in space 440.
    If you bring a sharpie I'll even autograph the tool for you.......just kidding, or am I ?

Flip me off, or mention ADV, you'll get the tool for $ 4.00

See you there.
  16. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    ...with my /7 on display, waiting to get flipped off this morning and nobody showed.
    Had a good morning anyway, and maybe next month I'll be lucky enough to get saluted.
    Despite having a good moring, I still have more tools and funnels left, so don't be shy !
  17. jeickerman

jeickerman Full of it.

Oddometer:
    I have one in my jacket and use it whenever I fill up. When I switched jackets and filled up, and didn't have it....I spilled gas. PITA without it. Worth the cash. Happy customer.

John
  18. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words and bumping me back to the top.
    Sounds like you could use another one though....:D
  19. PhatS1

PhatS1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alex, I Just ordered the 5 pack - you got mail.:clap
  20. Kai Ju

Oddometer:
    Haven't received the mail yet, mailman must be kinda' slow today.