The On-Going San Diego Hijinks Thread - Back-Country Adventure Group Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by bdarling, Feb 16, 2012.

?

What Size Shirt Do You Want?

1. Sm

2. Med

3. Lg

4. XL

5. XXL

6. XXXL

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. krasht

krasht n00b

Oddometer:
    The road across from the glider port is Lost Valley Road and the campground is Indian Flats, (7 mi. in). Campground is closed at the end of Feb.for about 5 mos. for some kind of endangered frog!

Also, IIRC Blake mentions the road across from the Warner Springs glider port (Lost Creek?) which is a favorite of mine. The first few miles are paved jeep trail being very narrow & twisty... also little traffic and scenic.
    I haven't yet taken that road over the ridge to the north.
    There's a nice, unimproved campground right where the pavement ends as the road crosses the ridge (Lost Indian Campground?)

Palm Springs and the Cahuilla desert is just a little farther north (as is Joshua Tree) but I don't know of a short way down. :ear[/QUOTE]
  2. Strega

Strega Black is a color

Oddometer:
    In :)
  3. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]

Lost Valley Road is part of the Cooper Ceinega TT that goes through Chihuahua Valley and ends in Anza, I ride it 1-2 times a month and it is never closed for weather. I suggest you Google Map it as there is one turn (go right) after you climb out of Lost Valley that can send you back the other way. If you take your eyes off the trail, you'll see Chihuahua Valley over you right shoulder so it's pretty obvious. At the end of Cooper Ceinega TT you'll need to go right (going left takes you through the rez which is a no-no without permission) and skirt the rez into Anza.

If you do get to ride the Palomar Divide and don't want to slab it into Anza you can jump off the 371 and dirt road it into Anza a couple of different ways.
  4. bdarling

bdarling Weather Man

Oddometer:
    The sticker quote came back at $2.25+S&H per head. I'm going to go ahead with the order, but is everybody okay with 3" tall by 2" wide?

This is approximately actual size:
    [​IMG]

-Blake
  5. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    So, you've put together another ride for these dates? There was so much banter I must have missed a formal announcement.

How many labels are you printing? That's one of the products my company offers, I can check the cost for you. A couple of buck is dirt cheap though....
  6. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that missed that :D

I was thinking next time I went down there I'd take a smaller bike, and actually do some of the dirt routes...
  7. browneye

Oddometer:

:clap:clap

Didn't know you had a 'smaller bike'.

The wife has started complaining about all the trip plans, so I'm gonna have to pick and choose, and then entertain her in between them. :lol3 I'm thinking an RV trip to Butterfield would be fun, bring one of the bikes and do some 2-up exploring.
  8. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    In.
  9. sopascat

Oddometer:
    TW200 or drz400
  10. browneye

Oddometer:
    I just figured it out...you have to look on page 1 for the 'current ride' details. :norton

Oh, and currently set for IN.
  11. bdarling

bdarling Weather Man

Oddometer:
    I requested 40 labels and the quote came back at $85+S&H. I have to revise the artwork and increase the resolution, so it's not too late to cancel.
  12. browneye

Oddometer:
    Are they laminated paper or vinyl labels? $2 each is really cheap for a vinyl label with 4 colors.
  13. bdarling

bdarling Weather Man

Oddometer:
    Here's the quote from the vendor:

"We can produce this for you without any issues. Each sticker will be digitally printed onto white vinyl, laminated with a clear vinyl laminate (the laminate is key to long lasting durability and a professional look) and will have an outdoor life of 3+ years. You won't find a more durable sticker that holds up to UV Rays, scratching and chemicals! Each sticker will arrive to you individually trimmed, incredibly glossy and ready to be applied. We use only sign quality ink, vinyl and laminates to ensure your stickers will last outdoors for years to come.
    We can contour cut each sticker to the shape of your logo, giving your stickers no outside white border."

How does this sound?

-B
  14. browneye

Oddometer:
    It sounds good. Get them trimmed. You got a steal-deal. Digital printing is the shiznit for short-run. My min-run is 100pcs.
  15. bdarling

bdarling Weather Man

Oddometer:
  16. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    In. :norton

And maybe you could put a link to the ride and first post in this thread in your sig line? Easy way for folks to keep updated...:D
  17. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Easily Distracted

Oddometer:
    I could probably swing the contingency dates but as it stands I won't make it. I'm getting restationed to 29 Palms so I'll be moving the family up to Yucca Valley the week prior.

...I'll start doing my rain dances now.
  18. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    In!
  19. sopascat

Oddometer:
    Just as a note, your contingency date weekend is Mother's day weekend
  20. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer: