2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but the hard part was operating the foot clutch at the same time. :gerg
  2. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
    Did anyone notice how Reed was just playing with the other riders. It almost look like he didn't want to show his full hand yet. I can't wait until the opening round I have a feeling Reed is going to come out swinging.

What was the deal with Roger saying the second time the shifter broke it was RD fault. I call :topes Roger. I've never personally broke a shifter by myself, hitting a tree stump... yes. Was the shifter made in China.

Looks like JB has listen to someones advise on how to pass when riding with the big boys. Kid rode smart, lets just hope he does that for the first year.

So is number 800 teaching sign language out there or racing? F*&King race kid and stop trying to be everyone's friend.
  3. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

I doubt Reed has his full hand yet, and very likely would have skipped the event if it wasn't for the new Monster deal.

800 is back to his natural position, and maybe back a few more once Deano and the rest of the new guys get dialed in, he'll be 8th at A1.
  4. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    I could be wrong, but with his little smile, it struck me as a joke... as though there was some good-natured ribbing going on in the pits about it before the interview.
  5. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Tomac is the one who looked very fast. He was 3rd quick in qualifying, got mediocre starts, but chased down both Barcia and Dungey in the only heat his shifter worked!?! :eek1
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I agree. Bummer he's still going to be in the 250cc class this year.
  7. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah Tomac would add alot to the 450's.Lets see who was missing,Stewart,Windham,Milsaps,Metcalf,Wilson,Canard,those are some I can think of.I guess Bagett,Roczen and Musquin would have added some drama,but they're all still 250 riders.
  8. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    This has been posted over on RacerX. How could RV grab a 4th overall with a 1-12-DNS? Is that possible?

Monster Energy Cup Overall Results
    1. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., Honda
    2. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
    3. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
    4. Ryan Villopoto, Seattle, Wash., Kawasaki
    5. Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Honda
    6. Josh Grant, Corona, Calif., Yamaha
    7. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha
    8. Jake Canada, Corona, Calif., Suzuki
    9. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Kawasaki
    10. Mike Alessi, Hillard, Fla., Suzuki
  9. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Typo from some stoned reporter, he got 10th overall.
  10. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eli Tomac adds a lot to the show no matter what he's riding. The kid's fast and a genuine nice guy. Heres to a long and injury free career for him.
  11. jonnyw

jonnyw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :topes us like that. There is no way in hell Dungey broke his shifter twice without hitting anything/anyone. He looked about as believable as Obama talking about the Libya debacle.:nono
  12. RdrMtn

RdrMtn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What Roger was saying is that the first time someone bumped into Dungey, causing him to hit a tough block and it bent the shifter. The second time Dungey hit the tough block on his own, so it was his own fault.
  13. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe a Steel shifter would be worth the weight?! :deal
  14. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Yeah cuz a steel one never bends.

:photog
  15. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:

I still call it BS, but who cares its a KTM:rofl
  16. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I totally felt Roger threw Dungey under the bus. He looked embarrassed and the interview was somewhat awkward. I got the impression Roger was dismissive and blamed Dungey. I believe he stated that Dungey "stepped on the shifter" too hard and broke it during the 2nd moto.

How "tough" are these tough blocks? Enough to bend a shifter that gets routinely slammed during a race? Has anybody in this thread ever bent their shifter like Dungey did? I can understand a rock maybe but not so sure about a tough block.

Two times in back to back motos is unheard of, embarrassing and put Dungey in harms way. I'd be pissed if I was him but he totally kept his cool during the interviews. I don't have any anti-KTM agenda, I more so feel bad for Dungey and thought Roger was lame.

Either way, it was a fun event and I hope it continues. I would have loved to see Baggett and Windham race. Can't wait til A1
  17. bluebye

bluebye Skin it back

Oddometer:
    'neckville is where you hang your hat, Rolling
    Dungey bent the shift lever on a tuff block in the first heat. The shift lever also rotated on the splines of the shift shaft. Mechanic replaced the shift lever, not the damaged shift shaft.
    Second heat Dungey stomps down on the shift lever, and it rotates on the damaged splines. Thats what The Man meant by Dungey bent the lever. Without hitting anything.
  18. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    <object height="480" width="853">

.<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNAELWOXZDA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="853"></object>
  19. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Wow, Dungey really did bend his shifter on a tough block.
  20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They bend, but they don't break like the alloy ones. And you can bend them back, though I never tried it in the air!?!