33 1/3 N C S + Cuba

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Throttlemeister, Aug 11, 2009.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    John, what's your shoe size? I have a pair of Crossfires (SRS) that I dont use anymore since I got the non-SRS model and will let them go cheap, as in free, just for you. :D They are a bitch to walk in but they protect very well. If youre interested I'll dig em out and send them to you.

[​IMG]
  2. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great info Doc:thumb

Nice to hear from another professional in the bone business. I got new xrays shot today and scheduled to get the next set on August 30. I got some shot on last Thursday that I checked and I had yet to see much callus formation a little over 2 weeks post op. Doctor today mentioned nothing outstanding other than getting to a wound clinic to following the healing process on the big incision site.

Will be doing my best to heal quick, I will be very happy to see the skin came back soon.

PM sent too btw.

Damn Vincent, you're too kind my friend:clap:clap:clap
    Here's hoping we have the same boot size:freaky

PM on its way amigo.
  3. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    yup flying with freshly messed up body parts really soon after surgery sucks, I've been there with the leg one too. Might I suggest not flying the day after rotator cuff surgery either:lol3
  4. nightflyer

nightflyer Hors contrĂ´le

Oddometer:
    I'd go with the fix, but maybe you should start a survey.
    And grasshopper? Nay! more in the line of the 6 million dollar man, you know: we can rebuild him, we have the technology:rofl:rofl:rofl
  5. alain1

alain1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Wiyh this spring you look more tonic !!!:lol3:clap
  6. marior97

marior97 marior97

Oddometer:
    Hey amigo, I just catch up on your RR and came to this, I can only tell you the only way out is patience, lots of it, took me 5 surgerys, 8 months to get back on the bike on a very similar situation , so like we say down here, HAGALE HUEVOS !!!
    Meanwhile if you want to fly down and wait for the callus down here let me know
    Saludos
  7. marior97

marior97 marior97

Oddometer:
    +1

8. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is all that shit stayin in the TM? Or more major surgery to remove?
  9. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    John boy- regarding our discussion at TTPC, send me a high-res image of the new leg hardware X-ray. Also one of the 33 1/3 NCS sticker graphic if you can.
  10. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    hey throttlemeister, glad it wasn't worse. you are lucky it was a midshaft fracture as opposed to maleolar. i wasn't so lucky.

[​IMG]

anyway, i know the feeling of wanting to get back to riding. but be patient man. move your toes as much as possible and unless they've told you not to, move your ankle around. get mentally ready for therapy if necessary.

heal up quick and well brother!
  11. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Show and tell? Classic boot top, the inter medullary nail is not represented here, nor are the mass number of major complications:lol3

[​IMG]
  12. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Would be nice to get turned into Wolverine:lol3 I always wanted to be a little stronger.

Hola my bueno Calino amigo:freaky Seems I spent my new Colombian travel bike money on hardware for my leg:lol3 Looks like it will be time to hit the grindstone once more and save up. I will be back in Cali one day for sure:deal
    Say hello to Jorge and the rest of the Cali Crew for me.

Yep I'm in for the long haul, I'm near certain that I will get the tire iron removed from the leg before I start up again with the big riding. I will be stopping by one day for sure amigo:freaky

I'm sure hoping I can just get away with 2 ops:wink: 5 surgeries:puke1

My vote and the surgeon in Venezuela was removal while the goofy bastard in Tulsa thinks I ought to leave it in, I can say he doesn't know me well enough at all:lol3 I'm too crazy to leave all that shit in there.

Done and done, Thanks JD.
    Anyone want a Venezuelan themed 12 screw t-shirt, they are going to be pretty damn cool:ear Maybe even a new sticker too:wink:

Thanks Amigo. The first thing m my radiologist pal said was at least it wasn't an articular fracture, those are the worst to have the break at the joint like yours:eek1 Yeah I believe I got out lucky on the place where I got hurt and the type of break and having some super good friends in country, hell I could still be trying to get out of there. I'm living good back in Oklahoma, just not moving so much:lol3 Almost a month since surgery, just looking forward to having the skin heal up the rest of the way so I can float around in the water:clap

Goodluck with your recovery as well, or I hope it all tunred out well already. I'm moving my toes and stretching my ankle as much as I can, a little water foot bath goes a long way:deal

That your leg Mikey:ear I'm going to be changing my boots for sure, I want some stiffies now:lol3

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting settled in nicely now and starting to feel like writing again so I hope to start back on the report real soon. Things are going well and I'm just waiting for the skin to heal up at the incision site and looking forward to my next steps. Looking forward to getting this all caught back up and I have a lot of great stories to share.

Thanks for following along.
  13. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Lost in paradise!

Oddometer:
    John, its seems that a lot of people here have had their share of fractured legs. I've got a question that inquiring minds need to know.

Do boots such as the Sidi's that crashmaster is so nice to donate to the cause really reduce the lower leg breaks like we've been talking about?

When I broke my lower left leg in Costa Rica last year I was wearing a pair of TCX Air boots, they really are a touring boot and not something a real dirt bike rider would wear (I was on blacktop, not dirt). I was really pleased with them for an all day riding boot, but after the get off and a broken lower leg, I got to thinking that they were never designed for much protection on a get off. Great for holding up the bike at an intersection and small rocks and debris from the road, but not crashes. If you saw my boots after the crash they took a beating and did protect me from road rash and not much more.

Two more inquiring questions.
    1. What leg (left or right) gets broken the most in accidents?
    2. What type of boot were the riders wearing at the time of the get off?

Now while your laid up, you have something to do. Get well soon.
  14. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Sucks to break and good gear is worth the price!
  15. skibum69

Oddometer:
    yeah, a little reminder of how a good day can go bad; that's the x-ray from the first time I broke it:lol3

I highly reccoment good boots, wearing Alpinestatrs Tech 7's myself
  16. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista Supporter

Oddometer:
    ALARR V

John,

It just wasn't the same without you there. Even though your streak has ended you'll have to come next year. We're thinking Arkansas in the fall.

While you're healing, I've got a good movie to recommend:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315323/:D

Ken
  17. Eagletalon

Eagletalon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All caught up now with your RR. I thought you were having bad luck when I read about your bike breaking down. Then I read about your injury and the bike problem seemed nothing compared to that. Glad that you had proper medical care the first time around as it is a lot worst the second time around. Take care and keep your spirits up!

Later
    John
  18. 2whelman

2whelman addict

Oddometer:
    Heel up soon, I feel like a junkie who lost his supplier......you are having a hell of life and I am loving the reports.

I met you several years back at the Crane mo rally, Pilot & I followed you and big John in the rain on our airheads through that downpour to the dealership. how long before you can start putting around a bit?
  19. erockmapquest

erockmapquest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool shit man. :eek1
  20. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just kidding. Wishing you well amigo!!