Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Lyle, I prefer a vintage Jap bike....
  2. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Old Fart tells me there's a couple on the showroom floor here. gotta go look I guess!
  3. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    To quote Homer Simpson "I would kill you all for one drop of sweet beer.":freaky
  4. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    Royal Enfeild. Did non-Indian Larry drop the Moto-Guzzi line? If you go see the RE' s take a photo. I still kinda want a Ural 2WD hack someday.
    Lappeman those Suzuki 125's down here are " new " old bikes in great condition[​IMG]
  5. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    New? I thought they discontinued that bike in the 1990's? Maybe they still have some non-current's on the showroom floor? :evil Different kind of bike market down there I'm assuming.
  6. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Listen to the doctor Ron, you'll heal faster that way. I'm sure alcohol wasn't in the prescription list :evil Once you get the all clear, you can go back to your old sinning ways :lol3 and join us for a :freaky
  7. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    JimToe and I checked out the RE's in Phoenix, they are displayed in a corner of the BMW dealership.... Next to the used Goldwings and Harley's.

Old is new and retro is cool... It's time to start riding Two Strokes Again !!
  8. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Saw quite a few 125 singles in Mexico. Didn't pay much attention to them. I'm down there in March, I'll do a little more research. They look like THE answer to city riding.
    Lyle
  9. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play Mad about thumpers

Oddometer:
    Yep, two in stock. One solo seat model, one twin seat. Also had a 2 wheel drive Ural but it is already sold and out the door. I did get to sit on it. Another Ural is due to arrive any day now, but sadly is only a one-wheel drive unit.

Steve
  10. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    I think you'd just have to have a 2WD on a Ural. Otherwise.....hey, we've ALL got 1WD!
    Lyle
  11. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    They still make 'em and sell 'em in lots of places. In Mexico you can even get 'work' versions with a large rack fitted above the rear part of the seat. From Suzuki Mexico's Web site ... there's lots more ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    I like the looks of that GSX 150 model. That would be great for weaving in and out of traffic in a busy city! How much do they sell for down there?
  13. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    MSRP on that one is 30,900. By way of comparison a GSX-R600 is 170,300. That's in pesos. In CDN, that's about $2,450 and $13,500. A plain GN125 is 21,990. About $1,750 here.

Weaving in and out of traffic on those things is a national sport down there. Maybe that'll replace wrestling in the next Olympics.

Dyslexics untie!
  14. Lappeman

Oddometer:

Cheap by our standards...wonder what it is by theirs.
  15. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    By the standards of the people who usually buy them, cheaper than a car, but still not cheap. Minimum wage is about $8 a day in CDN.

Dyslexics untie!
  16. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    A bonus reason we took small bikes besides being less cumbersome and the slower average road speeds : being able to find tires. All the shops are stacked with tires to fit 200cc bikes[​IMG]
    Went for a walk today and saw this
    [​IMG]
    200 XR Honda
    [​IMG]
    The Vikings look good too . Price is in Quetzales 1$=7.78Q
  17. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    So I finally got out for an epic sled ride yesterday. Weather was great, it was snowing and temp was around minus 8c. There was 5 of us and we rode from Lappe up the pipeline, crossing roads and more pipeline to the Current River. From there we went up the River to the old Onion Lake Dam, which isn't there anymore and then up to Barnum lake road, across to Sunday lake and back to Dog lake road. The 50 mile ride was full of crazy adventure, breaking trail and weaving around open area's on the river. One sled broke thru the ice but we managed get it out before it sank. Along the way I managed to hit a jump crooked and landed on my side. The whole trip was about 3 hours long, so I chopped it up and made a 20 minute video of the ride, hope it's not too long for ya! Enjoy! Sled breaking thru the ice is at 8:40 and crash is at 15:45.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YKhY8oI0hqU" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  18. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Lappeman - I was just traveling along the Current River a couple of days ago too. On snowshoes though. We walked right up on top of where the rapids normally run - had to dodge open water patches in places too. Thanks for the video. Somehow I think I missed the crash? :huh

Mike
  19. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Hey Hekto you got a mention in Gene and Nedas latest update!
  20. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Where were you showshoeing? We saw some snowshoe tracks in the snow just before the bridge on the end of Onion lake road. Crash was at minute 15 and 40 seconds or so of the video. Hard to miss, as I'm spinning along the snow on my back laughing!