X-Challenge - Accessories/Farkles

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Redbull Addict, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Trailace

Trailace Dumb Ass

Oddometer:
    I sent an e-mail to Scheffelmeier as well lets see what happens.
  2. plumber mike

plumber mike Highdive Deepened

Oddometer:

:nod Me too.
  3. Hokem Malarky

Hokem Malarky Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in one... The engine guard too
  4. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:
    Regarding other choices, in case...
    The one Max BMW sells is the TT one for $100, but I don't see how it could really be considered a case saver, it is only a cover. Sure it is aluminum and probably better than the stock cover material but I don't see it as that great. Opinions?
  5. snooker

Oddometer:
    This is an Xcountry question, but no response at the Xco thread. I dunno if the Xchallenge comes with rimlocks on the wheels but the Xco does not.

Seems very unwise to run any kind of low-ish air pressure in a knobby on the rear without having at least one rimlock on the tire. Also for when the first dreaded flat occurs.

I wish that TUbliss.com had a solution for a 17" wheel but alas they do not. I've heard great things about that system - some guys say they can run 3 psi with it if they wanted to!

Can anybody point me to a rimlock that works for sure on our wheels? Any directions like is one enough or two, or where and how to drill the hole(s)? If one is enough then should it be across from the valve stem or does it matter?
  6. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got an answer back from Stephan...he'll work with us but looks like double shipping/customs?

Hi Cody,

I have the problem that my liability insurance will cost very much more if I sell to U.S. or Canada.
    You must find someone outside U.S.A. and Canada who buy it for you!
    If you make a groupbuy, I can make a special price!

Many Thanks Stephan!

Snooker: I'd recommend you call Woody's wheel works. They're all knowing and very helpful/friendly.
  7. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:

Is there someone in Europe willing to handle this and forward the shipment to someone in the US for final distributioin?

Happycamper
  8. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any of our Australian brothers up for the task?
  9. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I just received an e-mail reply from Stefan.

Hi Bruce,

yes I sell to Australia.

Case saver black anodized 58€ + 12€ shipping to Australia = 70€

Paymant via paypal to kontakt@scheffelmeier-metall.de

or with bank transfer:

(So, if some are interested, or even if it is worth while for our US friends to get them through here I may look at putting something together.)
  10. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    2 options?

It looks like the only options are, (unless someone in Europe jumps in)...Get things sent to Australia but pay Stefan and then Cruz sends to the states or would it be cheating if he sells the items to Cruz but sends them to the states (to each/ to one location who sends them out)? He's not selling anything, just shipping and we get him paid through Cruz...we pay Cruz? Either way, if we want to do this it seems it'd be to give Stefan the business but with the back and forth the group buy discount may be negated with the extra time/shipping costs.

Not too familiar with the procedures so just throwin' out ideas.
  11. snooker

Oddometer:
    Sounds like DiscoDino in NYC was willing to be railroaded into being the US coordinator...

How's this for an idea, no obligation of course, just trying to keep the ball rolling:
    1. If shipping 1 item to Oz costs 12€ (US$16) then Cruz could you ask Stefan how much weight a box with 10 of them would be, and how much it would cost to ship 10 to Oz? (My assumption is there is a lot of overhead for the first item and 10 would cost much less per item.)

2. Then figure how much shipping 10 (ok 9) with the above weight would be from Oz to NYC.

3. Then DiscoDino figure how much shipping 1 from NYC to LA (farthest point away) would be. (guessing US postal small pkg flat rate of $4.95 can't be beat?)

4. From this figure out the 3 shipping costs for 1 item and that is roughly what it would cost each of us. From that we could have a price estimate good for 10 or more. IF more than 10 then the cost per person would only be less, not more. I'm not sure about any customs charges however, is anybody?

5. Then given a max shipping total, post what each inmate would have to pay total and people would have enough info to decide. Make a separate thread with a deadline that explains it all, and indicates how much we each pay to Cruz (part plus 2 shipping paths), and to DiscoDino (1 ship path in US). We each pay up front via PayPal. Then Cruz places firm order.

For example... I looked up UPS.com prices from Brisbane, AUS post code 4000 to NY, NY USA 10001 and it was outrageous (like $260 cheapest for 5 kg). But... I looked USPostal service USPS.com flat rate for 5 lbs FROM USA TO AUS is only $13. I don't know what it is from AUS TO USA and if there is a flat rate which is MUCH cheaper. And I don't know about customs in that case?

OK what a hassle but it's up to Cruz and DiscoDino... unless we have a European inmate willing to bypass the first long (and not very green) extra shipment....
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    It is Easter Friday here so no Post Offices open until Tuesday.

I will get a price for what one may cost to the US and then a price per kg to the US.

Any idea what these may weigh?

From this end there should be no customs charges if it is under $1000 aud including postage.
  13. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm willing to do this...no issues from my part...USPS flat-rate would be best I suppose.

Re: import fees/taxes, I recently imported the UniFilter pre-filter from Australia and I didn't get charged import taxes...same for when I imported a "used" car part from Canada...

Cruz: seems weight per item is 0.3KG as per the website. UniFilter charged me ~$20AUST for shipping the filter in a box, should be the same (or less) for the protectors.

Stephen should be able to give us a good price for 10, all black I suppose to make things easier, no?
  14. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Agree with that DD however I think I can only do 9 items at a time max otherwise I would get hit with customs and import duties over here. This would depend on the total cost of the items from Stefan and the shipping of course. 10 items may come under the 999 if the discount and freight adjustment is good enough.

Definitely all black to save any confusion.

I know with bicycle parts I can only order up to $999 including freight otherwise I will be charged a couple of hundred Aud more.

I have previously sent things to the USA via Australia Post about the same size/ weight and it only cost around 5 - 10 Aud per item.

May be worthwhile starting a new thread on Thumpers for this so people get to read it. I presume it would fit the X Country as well?
  15. snooker

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear!
    Sounds like a good idea to have a new thread. Need to keep track so the guys here keep their place in line if we end up having a limited order amount. And be very clear on exactly which part is being ordered (and in black), just provide a link. Did Stefan confirm it is black, and you might ask him how long to ship 10 or however many black ones in case he has to make them first....

As far as fitting the Xcountry, that is what I have, and I assumed from Stefan's web page that it just said "X" bike that it would fit. We need to confirm this somehow - maybe the BMW engine fiche would confirm the OEM sprocket cover is common on all 3 since the Xch, Xco and Xm all share the same engine? And ask Stefan.

THANKS YOU GUYS!
  16. Trailace

Trailace Dumb Ass

Oddometer:
    Hey guys thanks for stepping up and trying to do this. :clap

The black one looks great for sure.
  17. Skelt

Skelt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LongTallSally just moved to Germany I think. He might be able to help out. Anyone know him well enough to ask? I'm in for a black one anyway it works out.

Don
  18. snooker

Oddometer:
    I had an unrelated PM to lewiss66 who I don't know... but turns out to be in France and I gently referred to this thread as well, no pressure but maybe if somebody knows this person, well you could offer our indebtedness at the very least? SVP... merci
  19. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I PMd LTSally to get his thoughts and will let you know what he says. If he can help us...or whoever can I think we should help them out a bit too for the troubles.
  20. The Jester

The Jester Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm happy to receive and send on a parcel. Easier to keep the middle person within europe, if you can't manage germany, to reduce shipping costs.

Iain