L.A. B.S. over flow and info

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by jamin_mathis, May 13, 2010.

1. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z2mf8DtWWd8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    No one makes it feel like Christmas like Lee Ving makes it feel like Christmas......:freaky

But the Damned does a good job......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7hbtezeJ1cE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:

I started playing around 1990 with real markers..we played before that launching paintballs with sling shots since we could not afford real markers. And stopped in about 1998. At that time the Kingman Spyders where getting nuts to me. Electronic triggers started coming out and guns had supper high rates of fire.. I thought we where one of the few still playing pump in the late 90's.

For X-Mas my wife got my a boat load of 10 round sticks and 12gram CO2 cartridges :clap old school

I am currently gathering up a lot of late 80's early 90's markers :D
  4. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
  5. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hohoho
  6. MotoChris521

MotoChris521 motominded

Oddometer:
    BILL FUCKING MURRAY !!! :lol3
  7. speedygee68

speedygee68 dirt eater

Oddometer:
    The website is under construction for now, but I got the phone number. I will give him a cal and see if I can set up something after the new year..and AFTER I repair my bike from LAB2V.:wink::thumb
  8. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Played kickball with my cousin's kids on Christmas. Not even drinking. Got an X-ray today. Pinkie is broken. Brain is still no worse than before.

Only safe stuff like racing cars, mountain biking and motorcycles from now on...
  9. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
  10. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
  11. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
  12. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. SpongeRob

SpongeRob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing TIm.
  14. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    fixed
  15. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    fixed
  16. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:

Dale, this really just comes down to interpretation, not whether you are right and everyone else is wrong; "literal" reading, as you are doing vs "progressive", living, breathing, ever changing thing, as the forefathers meant it to be. If they had not, they would not have provided for it to be amended.

Not saying I don't agree with you in practice, regarding sobriety checkpoints, but since you are "literally" reading the Constitution, realize that when it was written, were a man to get drunk and leave a tavern on his horse, the worst that could happen was that he might get thrown from it, and further realize, that should a drunk pass out behind the reigns of a horse, the horse would just stop and eat grass, not mow down tens of people in a mini mall.

Times have a changed my son, and "progressive" readers of the constitution and its author realize that and made allowances for that.

Now, realizing that no one can sign away their constitutional rights for "necessary means", you must further realize that driving is not now and will never be a right. It's a privilege. And for that privilege, when you are "awarded" a drivers license, as long as you are not asked to surrender a constitutional right for "necessary means" the LEO has now, by your John Hancock that you pen to your drivers license been given the right to police you on roads and highways when under the control of a motorized vehicle, which include sobriety checkpoints. Not that I agree or disagree, just a fact.

Finally, you need to realize that when the constitution was written, towns all over our very small country were trying and prosecuting women as witches. People have become a lot smarter since then in their everlasting evolution of this great country and keeping it safe. Some times we miss, as in the case of invading foreign countries that pose no threat to us over falsified "facts" about WMDs. Sometimes we get it right.

As for my opinion on this, I defer to the Declaration of Independence and our unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But even I, who definitely could be popped at a DUI checkpoint a few days a week, realize that this grandiose idea should not be reserved at the safety of others. Most importantly, the Constitution is written for the betterment of society in general to produce betterment for all, so we can seek life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness without worry that some drunken moron is going to take that all away in a blink of an eye. Also, when quoting case history, be sure to not take it out of context. Brown vs Texas (search and seizure case law) is the litmus test for the constitutionality of DUI checkpoints, the Michigan case is a carry through case and only cemented the constitutionality of Brown vs Texas whereby the ruling passed constitutional muster as it was a sufficient opinion that properly advanced public interest. Meaning that where an action protects the public from the acts of individuals that are breaking the law, whereby those not breaking the law have no fear of adverse actions, the action is just and within the confines of the Constitution.
  17. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    as a taxpayer and a husband to a legal immigrant, we had to jump through all the hoops and bs that goes with staying in this country legally, i wish they had checkpoints for immigration status.i dont want to pay welfare or education and medical for people who have to fly under the radar. they can take their skills and work ethic and go make a revolution in their own country.:clap
  18. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too long , didnt read but my progressive thinking leads me to believe that u my friend are full of malarkey .i don't believe in alot but at this point I believe I'll have another beer:freaky
  19. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    I'll see your one and raise you two :freaky

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU FF'S
  20. rejetk

rejetk n00b

Oddometer: