North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    this is one of the pictures I took at the tag site. my understanding is that he was under the tree beside the plow toward the back side of the tree. I dug all around under all the lower branches and raised them and looked everywhere under the tree, spent about 45 minutes lookin. EGGY is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either someone someone got him and hasn't posted up or he has been stolen or KIDNAPPED !!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] 2 seperate park rangers came by while I was scrounging around the tree. one just slowed and looked and the other turned around and came back by real slow so I left the site.
  2. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    took this and the first picture around 4:00 looked around till 4:45 and left.[​IMG]
  3. 42

42 Bokononist

Oddometer:
    I fear egg has been abducted. :cry
  4. Jrjoyce2007

Jrjoyce2007 ADVenture Addict

Oddometer:
    :screwy:

"4-wheels move the body, 2-wheels move the soul"
  5. 5punksdad

5punksdad Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer:
  6. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    You were at the right tree. It was hidden in plain sight well. You would have found it looking under the tree but only if you had a reason to look under the tree. No one saw me drop it either. I will call and talk to the head Ranger later today if he doesn't turn up. I hope someone just hasn't gotten around to posting the grab yet.

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk 2.
  7. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be section backpacking the AT next week and my pick up spot is there. If no one finds eggy or he does not turn up I will look under the tree then. I believe Auggie did a good search but sometimes a different set of eyes helps. But then again I am not very Classy.
  8. gimpy9195

gimpy9195 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Second set of eyes are always great! Hope eggy is recovered.
  9. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] I appreciate all the help and input into resolving the loss of eggy. the reason I made the long trip back to greyson to get eggy was to move him a long way across country. I am leaving to do the TAT today with 3 friends and was going to take him on the ride and drop him somewhere along the trail. I agree that we need to wait and give someone else time to look at the site and or whoever got him to return him and contact us. if it is agreeable with everyone I will wait 10 days before chosing a new mascot. I will decide then wheather to have it dropped at the site where eggy was lost or drop the new mascot somewhere else. I have a friend that i'm sure would assist me in chosing and dropping a new mascot at the greyson park site if we decide with everyones input to do that. I will do whatever the majority wants to do. EGGY WAS LOST OR KIDNAPPED FROM UNDER THE TREE BESIDE THE PLOW IN THIS PICTURE !!!!!!!! if you have him or find him please contact us by
    ( 5-25-2013) or eggy will assumed to be forever lost but never forgotten.
  10. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    I think 10 days is beyond adequate. You've posted your "bruce" photo, and the rules state "In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot."

I say you choose a new mascot and haul it out to the TAT. :clap

If Eggy turns up, we'll just cross that bridge when we get there. Maybe he's tired of being on the road and hitched a ride in a VW with a college gal heading home for the summer.
  11. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Ya know....that's what Ted Kennedy said to MaryJo when she told him she might be pregnant. :lol3

I hate that Eggy is AWOL....was there information in the pack that said who (or what) to contact if someone accidentally stumbled upon it? Hope so!

But I wouldn't push the panic button just yet....hopefully he's in the hands of an inmate.

Fido:norton
  12. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    I just spoke with Harvey, the head Ranger, and he was not aware of it being turned in. I left him a phone number to call me if it turns up.

Sorry guys, it was left in a place that someone wouldn't just stumble upon on. Hopefully someone will post up that they found it.

13. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Maybe the person that picked it up tried to post pictures and found he had to have a smart phone or some kind of photo album and didn't/couldn't like me when I picked up Nutsy out in OR. I posted to Facebook, and George transferred it to ADV. Hang in there guys, hope a raccoon didn't make off with it!!!
  14. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, there's always been a card that clearly says what the pouch is all about and even this thread & website.

I had the egg 4 times and the Mr. Blockhead before. It'd be sad to see Eggy lost, but the game goes ON!
  15. kg4lho

kg4lho Outside Sellin'

Oddometer:
    This is correct, there was a sheet of paper with the adv info on it when I left him.

Augi, it was nice talking with you. Good luck and God speed on your trip!

16. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    It has been 48hrs since we reported Eggy missing, and still no sightings. I watch enough CSI to know that the trail is going cold. :cry
  17. gimpy9195

gimpy9195 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sad day

-Gimpy on the iCouch
  18. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
  19. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Pick a new mascot and place him on the TAT as you planned. If Eggy manages to show up maybe a hand off can be made and Eggy and the new mascot can co habitate in the game.

Ray
  20. V8

V8 .

Oddometer:
    You LOST the EGG:eek1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VKcAYMb5uk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>