Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BrandonR

BrandonR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The gas tank isn't strapped on my belt and is built a fair bit tougher than a washer fluid bottle. You have your comfort zone and I have mine.
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    The other way to go is sweet cheeks, and fill those with gas.
    http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks.htm

Nothing attached in case of getoff.

I currently carry a MSR (or 2) Liter bottle in a Giant loop Mo'Javi and it's just about the most perfect thing ever.

I am going to do the IMS tank/external pump at some point though.
  3. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    While I've been waiting for my replacement rotor to come in to replace my bent one, I needed a way to still ride. I put a pry bar between the hub and the rotor and carefully bent it back until it was straight. That was over a year ago and I've put over 5,000 miles on since then at every speed and under all conditions and have never had another problem with it. Try it at your own risk.

4. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't need this much fuel, but eager to see this come to reality
  5. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    Just a question. Besides the dirty minded, male chauvanist piggy idea my mind came up with :evil. What is the T.W.A.T.???? :1drink
  6. BikeSDP

BikeSDP On a last chance power drive

Oddometer:
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

We used to carry gas like that for running chainsaw in the woods, bar oil on one hip and gas on the other. The biggest danger is the cap coming off and they did sometimes. On a warm day that stuff will burn your skin really fast, stripping down to your boots really fast so it evaporates is the quickest way to stop the burning.:huh
  8. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my water pump gasket today. I got home from work about 7:30 and had the bike back together and started by ten.:clap

But then it warmed up and started making a racket again.

I got the Engine out @ midnight.

[​IMG]

I'm getting scary good at taking this thing apart.:huh

It's off to the dealer tomorrow to have a look inside the top end.
  9. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    You do wheel it outside to run it up to operating temperature, don't you? :wink:
  10. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

Nawp. I did open the door though.
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

On your $12 an hour job? :huh

It might be cheaper to box it up and ship it to me. I'll tear into it for free. Shoot me a PM...I even get 75% off shipping at Fedex.:deal
  12. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's mighty generous of you! Heck I could drive it down and maybe still make 1 day of the Tahoeacr ride this w/e!

I just dropped it off, and already having second thoughts about it. They are gonna take like a week to even look at it, I got 4 days off for this big ride I wanted to do and I could at least get it apart saving $100 or so.
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Yeah, bring it down. If we fix it you go to your ride, if not..you order parts and go home. It would be nice to have the chassis here to test fire it. We've got MotoXotica within 50 miles and without me to clear out his parts shelves he should have most everything in stock.

Shoot me a PM if you need me. I'm working swing shift now without internet access between 1PM and 11PM.
  14. Rattletrap

Rattletrap When in doubt-Gas it

Oddometer:
    Thought I might need to check my cam chain tensioner, since I haven't checked it since 3000 miles. It now has 7572 miles, looks like 5 clicks. Probably need to check my valves, they haven't been checked since the 600 mile service. But its running sooo good right now.

[​IMG]
  15. Flashman1

Flashman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats good I got to 10 at 9000 miles - but now run a manual one.
  16. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    (I made this graphic for you Xytomic :D ):
    [​IMG]

My Husky is now worth 25 cents more than it was a few hours ago. :D

So last summer up in Montana the 610 fell over in a parking lot on its right side and the brake lever punched a hole in the case. I pulled it off and jb-welded it. This spring in Moab it fell over on the same side again and popped the jb weld off. It has only been seeping but time to "fix it" again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the damage occured in Montana.. I figured this was only fitting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...now I just have to figure out how to fix this thing (again)

[​IMG]

The great thing about having more than one bike: When one is broken you can ride another.

The sucky thing about having more than one bike: There's always one (or more) broken. :patch
  17. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK, well I took the motor to the dealer this morning. But then Larryboy offered to help diagnose it, and I thought at the very least I could take it apart even if I might not be able to reassemble it. Anyways, I went and got the motor back from the dealer.

I got into the Stator side this afternoon to see if maybe I mis-installed the flywheel. It looks good to me, nothing that looks like the scrape sound-maker I have. No metal in the oil. Anybody see anything weird about anything in these pix?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Tell me about it. I'm still fixing a bike that got crashed two years ago. :ddog

Nice thing for me is that it's always summer here. :lol3
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    xymotic: I haven't been following this thread too carefully so I dunno what your symptoms are... but whenever I see the left cover off the first thing that pops into my head is the times the stator side is the bushings fall out/get lost. They are very loose.

You probably already know this.. but I'd double check every gear has a bushing it rides in in the case cover itself.

i.e. the little round suckers in the bottom right of this collage.. you can see where they go in the *cover* above them.. the one is missing in my pic

[​IMG]
  20. rockchucker22

rockchucker22 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What tank are you using?