Your ATGATT list...

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by michocolombia, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Reprobate

Reprobate Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    Jacket
    Helmet
    Boots
    Gloves
    This counts as ATGATT for me.

At a recent ride, we decided that if all of your gear was a set of flip-flops and a pair of Oakleys, then you were wearing ATGATT:D

Details:

Jacket: 3/4 lenth textile waterproof jacket. sometimes with the lining, sometimes with an electric vest, sometimes with the vents open, always with the soft armor.

(Sometimes a leather jacket but over the years it has seen more and more closet time.)

Helmet: Full face helmet. I like plain black so I can put my own stickers on. I recently bought a mx helmet and googles. not sure I like them yet. LOTS more venting though, I'll like them more in the summer I think.

Boots: were military combat boots for years. I always got wet feet in the rain. now I have a pair of real motorcycle boots. warm and dry! why did I wait so long?

Gloves?:... hmmmm..... several different pairs, depends on the mood and the weather, but always.

Pants?: usually jeans. sometimes 1.5mm leather jeans, but mostly denim. Textile overpants if it's cold or raining; they do have soft armor in them.
    boring details:cycloak,shoei,sidi,icon,wrangler.
  3. Swillmongrel

Swillmongrel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It all depends on if I'm riding my Moto Guzzi or my KLR, if I'm on the pavement or dirt, how hot or cold it is...

Shoei with darkest possible faceshield during daylight
    or full-face motocross helmet with goggles
    Earplugs
    Evaprodanna when in the desert
    Camelback when in the desert
    Hein Gericke Dakar 3/4 leather jacket
    or Joe Rocket Ballistic
    Tourmaster pants
    or vintage leather pants
    or Motocross pants
    or Levis
    Doc Martens
    or Fox Motocross Boots
    Wool socks and wool glove liners if it is cold or raining.
    Army surplus leather gloves
    or motocross gloves
  4. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    Gordon Bennet....! You Americans don't half get dressed up for the simple act of riding a motorcycle. (Please remember that we Scots do irony and sarcasm in a big way..... :wink: )

It depends whether I'm going to ride the VFR or the GS.

VFR800: Winter Kit
    Arai Signet/e with Gore-Windstopper balaclava
    Hein Gericke Voyager Gore-Tex Jacket and Trousers with Hiprotec armour in shoulders, elbows, knees.
    Knox KC2000 back protector.
    Belstaff Thermo Sport gloves with Bob Heath V-Wipe. Silk undergloves.
    Altberg Clubman Classic boots with Thorlo Winter Mountaineering socks or similar. Wicking sock liners.
    Base layers are a variety of long sleeved wicking tops and long johns, including Patagonia and knitted Nomex. Helly Hansen or REI boxer shorts.
    Mid layers include REI Polartec Powerstretch zip neck and Rohan fleece with
    Outlast PCM.

GS1200: Winter Kit
    As above except for Arai Tour X Motard with Oxford Huff and Coolmax balaclava.
    Hein Gericke Voyager suit as above but with the addition of a Gore-Tex North Face Mountain Jacket shell in extreme conditions.

VFR: Summer Kit
    Arai Signet with Coolmax balaclava
    Corner two piece black / silver leathers (Corner is an Italian brand & the colour matches my Arai Signet/e) c/w hard armour at elbows, shoulders and knees. Knox KC2000
    Base layers are various wicking T shirts and Helly Hansen Boxer Shorts or REI cycling underwear.
    Belstaff Dri-Sport gloves or RST race gloves.
    Sidi Vertebra boots (in black and silver, of course)

GS Summer kit.
    Arai Tour X with black visor / Scott Moto X goggles & Coolmax Balaclava.
    For street use and commuting, either my HG Voyager suit without the lining or a 3/4 length belted leather motorcycle jacket and HG leather trousers both with full armour or HG Voyager jacket and leather jeans. All with Knox KC2000. Various wicking base layers.
    Off road / DS use, Belstaff Adventure Jacket and pants or HG leather trousers, all with full hard armour. Knox KC2000.
    Various wicking base layers inc boxer shorts.
    Gloves.....I must get some proper off-road gloves, might pick some up in Ca. in July.
    Boots are Sidi Flexforce SRS.

I must have missed something out.....:rolleyes
  5. priller

priller -

Oddometer:
    damn, we use (used) pretty much the same set of gear. you're a man of taste. congrats!
  6. McB

McB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, once the fry pan connects with the Shoei, you should probably replace it. Vicious cycle.....
  7. kdxkawboy

kdxkawboy Mr. NVKLRGirl

Oddometer:
    For a helemt, its a full face. Got Shoei street and dirt helmets but the Aria XD is becoming my all around head wear. A helemt liner - on hot days I can soak it for some extra cooling. Ear plugs. For the street and adventrue riding I have my Joe Rocket Tahoe. For DS riding I pull out the back pad and shoulder pads and wear my HRP Flak Jak. For dirt riding I drop the jacket and add elbow/forearm guards to the Flak Jak. On hot days I have my JR Phoenix. For pants, not matter what I'm riding I wear Thor Ride Pants. For street and adventure riding I wear Redwing Irish Setters with Icon shin/knee guards. For dirt riding and DS I have a pair of Fox MX boots and my CTi knee brace. For glooves its usually Fox Pawprotectors or Icon light weight glooves. And, some form of a riding belt.
  8. Nom de Guerre

Nom de Guerre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Call me crazy, but I would not want the soles of my flipflops coming anywhere close to where I'm about to put my lips...
    :dunno
  9. TomG

TomG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It would be my last choice. On the other hand, I wouldn't let it stand between me and getting a cold one open.
  10. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Long timer

Oddometer:
    Helmet: Arai Astral-X in a black-red-orance color scheme that the sales guy really didn't like and I coul dprobably have talked him down in price if I hadn't already planned to use a 20% catalog coupon.

Ear plugs. I don't want to go deaf from riding. The orange flared bullet-shaped ones are the best, but are hard to find now. So I use the blue bullet-shaped ones. I always get the highest noise-reduction raitng I can find. I makre sure they're inserted correctly and I click my fingernails about a foot away from my ear as a test.

Warm: A nice wooly double-layer Schampa collar and a black sweater with "San Francisco" embroidered on the front that I got at Walgreens keep me from getting too cold on SF commutes.

Riding Suit: Aerostich Roadcrafter, red to match my bike, goes over my street clothes, which depend on what I'm riding for.

Rain gear: A rain jacket stays in the saddlebag. I also have a rainsuit for when it's expected to pour.

Back protector: Dainese. Always.

groin protection: Bauer hockey cup because I like to get close to the tank and I don't like to smush my nuts. Call me weird, but my balls don't hurt.

Gloves: leather riding gloves with Thinsulate, or Held gloves with roo leather.

Boots: "Harley Davidson" brand riding boots with laces on the outside, and a velcro thingie to hold the bow ends. I want to replace these with some gnarly boots with lots of buckles.
  11. Hltoppr

Hltoppr El Gringo Spectacular

Oddometer:
    Just starting, but this is what I've got so far:

Arai XD, White (The only color in the desert....)
    Aerostitch Darien Jacket, Hi-Viz with back protector
    Darien Pants (Grey) with hip armor
    Mechanix Impact II Gloves
    Sidi Discovery Boots

-H-
  12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Lottery Loser

Oddometer:
    Helmet: Arai Tour-X
    Jacket: Waterproof, Armoured, Cordura
    Pants: Of course...
    Gloves: My lucky Spidis
    Boots: Comfortable ankle-high
    Ears: Gel plugs

I layer when it's cold
  13. Nom de Guerre

Nom de Guerre Long timer

Oddometer:
    Arai Quantum Black helmet
    First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket (W/zip in fleece liner for cold weather)
    First Gear HT pants
    Held Gloves
    Sidi Vortex (I think) boots
    Persol polarized sunglasses
  14. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    I mainly ride pavement. Here's my list:

Helmet: Arai Renegade, White with stickers.

Jacket: Joe Rocket Bulldog (perforated with white stripes) for 'sport'. Or, Triumph Sprint Jacket (non perforated) for 'touring'. Both have shoulder and elbow protection.

Pants: Joe Rocket Speedmaster (perforated for 'sport'). Or, Triumph Sprint Jeans (leather, non perforated for 'touring'). Both have knee and hip protection. The Joe Rocket, knee sliders.

Gloves: Triumph Daytona or Triumph Hard carbon.

Boots: Alpinestars S-MX for 'sport'. SiDi OnRoad Sympatex for 'touring'.

I wear a Crimson 'ZUB' around my neck. Great cold or warm. http://www.zubwear.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?usr=51F9247818&rnd=9734083&rrc=N&affl=&cip=69.152.206.99&act=&aff=&pg=cat&ref=bike&catstr=

[​IMG]
  15. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Hey Retro! Ditch the amber. Anything that blocks light after dark is no bueno. Clear is good if ya GOTTA wear something.

Oh, and since we're listing what we're wearing:

Tourmaster CorTech 3/4 jacket
    Or Spidi mesh
    or Spidi cordura

On-road: Tourmaster CorTech pants
    Off-road: MX pants (no knee guards yet, I'm working on it)

On-road: Alpinestars Effex boots
    Off-road: Oxtar Blast boots

I have body armor jacket coming from GLF so I can wear an MX jersey when it gets really hot 'round here and still be protected.

I have a pair of Gericke mesh gloves that I've been wearing both on and off road. Not too hot...

I don't have an off-road only helmet yet, so I'm wearing my Quantum F. Like I told people when I was selling bikes: your head is NOT as hard as a rock no matter WHAT your mother used to say!

M
  16. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    Street

Arai SZ-Ram3

Joe Rocket Santa Fe w/ Dry Tech Liner
    Joe Rocket Meteor

First Gear HT Air Overpant

Icon Motorhead boot

Rocky Goretex socks

Held gloves
    Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves

Dirt

M2R Revelation X2 Patriot

Smith Turbo Option OTG Goggles

Moose M1 Chest Protector

Fox Elbow guards

MSR RG2 Cargo Pants

Thor Force Kneeguards

Thor gloves

ARC Corona Boot

Camel Back Peak Bagger

Cobra Micro Talk FRS radio / zip-tied to chest protector
  17. Janduin

Janduin d'oh

Oddometer:
    Helmet: Airoh Tyger or Caberg Justissimo
    Jacket: Lindstrand
    Pants: Lindstrand
    Gloves: Lindstrand
    Shoes: Oxtar Infinity
    Backprotector: BMW Rückenprotektoren 2
    Earplugs.

[​IMG]
  18. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Helmet: KBC VR-1

Gloves: Icon Super Duty, Marsee Race Gauntlet, Olympia Digital Protector

Boots: Gaerne Explorers, Sidi MX, Matterhorn, Guide Gear tour boots

Jacket/Suit: Aerostich RC-1, FG Kilimanjaro, Alpinestars V-tour, Cortech Magnum Air (leather)

Pants: JR 3.0, Teknic armored Cargo jeans, Gialli armored jeans, Arborwear non-armored jeans, Fieldsheer leather race pants

Eyewear: (I always wear glasses behind the shield) impact-resistant safety glasses

About 90% (or more) of the time I'm ATGATT. The other 10% (or less) I'm in jeans but all the rest of the stuff.

I always wear earplugs unless I'm riding specifically to listen to the bike after working on it.
  19. Redne Dab

Redne Dab Poseur Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    What I wear when I'm ATG:
    Helmet: Shoei RF-1000
    Jacket: Hein Gericke Timbuktu (Cold weather) or Edge (Warm)
    Gloves: Olympia Protectors
    Pants: Hein Gericke Cargo pocket pants
    Boots: Fox Trackers (Inappropriate but cheap and better than nothing)

When I'm being naughty:
    Helmet: Shoei RF-1000
    Jacket: Hein Gericke Timbuktu (Cold weather) or Edge (Warm)
    Gloves: Olympia Protectors
    Pants: Levi's
    Boots: Hi-Tec 10" hikers

I'm currently in a bit of a quandry. I refuse to leave the house without my naughty list but I'm the only one I've seen in two days wearing more than a helmet! I've seen all ages and both genders out there (Oh. Forgot. Some HD riders have chaps) are wearing virtually nothing.

Is this common everywhere?

B
  20. Supplicate

Supplicate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are talking about the "Max 50" orange ones, just last month I went and picked up a box of 500 of them for work from a local industrial supply place.

my gear:

HJC CL-X4 helmet
    Ear Plugs
    Heavy carhartt sweater (soon to be replaced by actual riding jacket)
    Moose Racing XCR pant
    FOX Tracker Boots (Which I just broke a buckle off of and had a whole eaten into the shin plate by my chain in a recent crash, soon to be replaced by Tech 8's or some Gearne's)