Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    ok, lets try this again... a lil shorter this time.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8YqBOCUVlMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
  2. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    hhmmm, got win movie maker figured out, but seems to jack up the quality..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t_vflrn-yo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t_vflrn-yo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  3. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7po6aGJuQxE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7po6aGJuQxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  4. RamblinKevin

RamblinKevin Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone wanna ride moto supreme tomorrow ???
  6. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    i had to make a run to brownstown today for a couple things, thought... i am right next door to kneekicker, maybe he would be up for a ride when i finish up what i had to do. luckily.... he had some time to kill. :clap

we stopped at a mexican joint for a bite to eat before heading out, neither of us had eatin there before, we were both hoping we would not regret this about an hour later or so. :deal luckily, all was ok.. :clap

we found some good stuff that i had not ridden before, and a couple things we are gonna check out later. seems everytime we ride together.... we both wind up soaked.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fh4RPANBobI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

when i got back home i had to cut some grass then got dr out, i had just replaced fenders and tail light along with new bars and clamps.

thinking maybe if i get things done around here in time tomorrow.... maybe i will get dr out for a spin..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hopefully i can all this crap done, i really wanna get this thing out for a while...
  7. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't ride much today just under 65 miles......I know WOW!!!!

I had plans on riding to local MX track and watching the first moto's then head out somewhere,well as my luck normally goes I pull in just as the ambulance is loading up a guy to take to hospital so race is on hold till ambulance gets back.

Now it's like 15 min to hospital from track so I figure 1/2 hour and it should be back,so I walk around the place,then walked around the track,then ate a hotdog and had a Mountain Dew. Forty five minutes goes by and no ambulance so I think maybe I will leave then come back.........no if I leave I will never make it back and the ambulance should be back in a few minutes. Well that hotdog was pretty good so I tried one more and put some Jalapenos on it which was tasty.....still no ambulance. Walked over by my bike and a guy was sitting on it(no big deal it's a KLR) so that struck up a conversation about dual sports we talked for about 20 minutes which made the total wait on the ambulance 1hr 40mins.

But finally they got bikes back to the line. Look at the kid standing straight up. [​IMG]

They were getting pretty good air out of these doubles and the table top....they are pretty much the biggest jumps at Hoosier Hilltoppers for the most part the track is pretty mellow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I noticed this guy looked behind himself every time at the same place....funny thing is he was dead last nobody anywhere around him from the drop of the gate

[​IMG]

These 3 guys rode a pretty good race in a couple motos,kept it pretty close.
    [​IMG]

Not many girls out today but tried to catch a few pics.

[​IMG]

This is getting a little better.......need warmer weather:lol3

[​IMG]
  8. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    i can't believe it... u actually got the camera out!!! makin good on that new years resolution huh... :lol3
  9. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    i got the rest of grass cut today and took dr out for a spin. rode south of town for a while and wound up coming into nashville from backway... figured i made it this far, midas well try and find this cool road rick showed me yesterday. it shows up on gps as a road, but turns from paved to rock to dirt to grass... then basically a trail till it comes out by someones driveway. :huh

soon as i got to the grass spot i spotted a tractor workin the field... he stopped.... i thought the jig was up, then he continued on.... so did i.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0fFjqymMZk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

for some reason 2nd video shut off by itself, dunno why... maybe batteries were low. but trail lasted maybe 2 more minutes and comes to end, but this road is pretty cool. :clap

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymf0zIr_nTE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
  10. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    after finding that road i was not too far from kurtz, opaulo had sent me a message earlier in the day wanting me to bring kx down there for a ride. didn't have time for that today, but did stop by to watch him take on that steep ass hill by moto track. cameras make things look so easy.... but that hill is not easy....

he damn near made it...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7LQvBxY3SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

i sure hope paul finds himself a beater trail bike.... he is killin that poor drz. :deal
  11. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    Which hill is that? Evan? Or is it farther down towards the table top?
  12. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tpar, is Paul still on the hill?
  13. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    What tires are you guys running?
  14. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    he finally made it back down, just took a while. his kickstand opened up and stuck in. had to get some help from a couple other guys to get it turned around so he could ride it back down..... after that.... he was done.

i would have climbed up to help, but someone had to man the camera. :evil

i was on the dr350 with kenda 761's... no climbing for me. :deal

paul was on his drz stripped down (no lights) and runnin full knob dunlops. cant remember the number, sure he will chime in when he gets off work.

i wasn't there very long, maybe 1/2 hr then split. seen an ambulance pullin in as i was pullin out though. prolly someone tryin to climb them damn hills.
  15. scarysharkface

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought I saw on your DR.. I can understand not trying to climb the hill in that case!

What was his main issue? Traction or torque? Hill looks steep and long..

John
  16. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    Almost all the big hills out there are massive, very steep and just plain tough.
  17. scarysharkface

Oddometer:
    Certainly, it looks that way in the video.

It sounds like the engine is bogged at the end, though there is also a spray of dirt, hence the question. The bumps surely make it very difficult to keep the rear wheel planted, regardless. I would have been off in the trees! :lol3

John
  18. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    pretty sure his main issue at that time was fatigue. he had been there all day and climbed that hill 4 times already. think he was ready to load up n go home when i pulled up. i talked him into one last climb.

pretty sure if he had hit it with just a lil more speed at bottom.... he woulda cleaned it.... no problem.

kid on a hot rod honda twin pipe mx 250 tried it after paul. hit the hill with no speed, no rpm's... and hit it in 3rd gear. :huh needless to say, he failed less than half way up.

there is a hill behind moto track accross creek that i have not seen anyone attempt yet. owner says it been climbed several times, but i wanna see someone try. it looks straight up... and has a lil step at top with i believe rock. :eek1 looks nasty.
  19. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sharkface I'm running a Dunlop 756 rear. GREAT all around tire for the woods.
    YES I was beat to death but Tpar wanted some action footage and I figured, hell I been climbing it all day let's do one more. I was worn down. It's bouncy and STEEP at the very top. I'll climb it again next time.

So yeah the ambulance rolled in. Kid broke his collar bone on a big utility quad. Then the owners wife said he was the third one that day to get an ambulance ride. Don't know if he had a helmet on or not. Lots of em' don't out there. Ambulance crew looked pretty upset to be there. I don't blame em'. CO showed up too. And a county sherriff. We went back to the woods.
  20. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those types of stories don't lead you to believe that they will be able to keep the open door policy...... That would be a shame.