The Husaberg 70º FE Adventure Traveler Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Lost Roadie, Apr 18, 2012.

1. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    :lol3 i've been waiting for a sub 35 degree (95 f) day to go for a ride. finally got out today, this berg sure puts a smile on the dial every time i go for a ride...
  2. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Received my seat back today. I know mrt10x had a build date the same as mine but as he has not shown his I will show mine first.

[​IMG]

I got suede top/ blue carbon fiber look sides.

[​IMG]

Color is not the best match. Should have went with all suede.

[​IMG]

Overall build quality looks excellent! I was late a couple of days in getting it sent off so it get got mixed in with orders around Christmas. Still not bad turn around time. Fits great. Still a pain to get on and off! Lol. Seems like it is a dual layer foam. Top layer feels very soft and then a hard layer under that. Got it taller to fit my 6'6", 36" inseam better. Couldn't take it for a ride as the handlebar area is a mess waiting on time for me to install grip heaters, hand guards, led turn signals and a couple of other parts. Didn't feel obtrusive on my legs at all; sitting or standing.

A couple from the side and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only two gripes I have is that I was not sure on the height and asked in an email and in a note attached to the seat for James to contact me so we could discuss this. I never heard from anyone. I understand he was probably extremely busy but I would have appreciated some help on such an expensive item. It would have been nice also if he had told me that his blue doesn't match Husaberg blue (he told me in the initial e-mail that he had a Berg so he should have known the color was different).

All in all I think I will be really happy with the seat. Can't see the color when I am riding it anyway! Height seems about right. If I had got it to him on time and it would have not been around the holidays he may have not been to busy to contact me.

I will post up a ride report on it as soon as I can get the bike back together.
  3. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the dark photos. Didn't seem so bad on my Ipad. Will post a better photo tomorrow.
  4. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    The left side panel holds up very well to a fully stuffed and heavy tool tube, and I've given it a lot of abuse and no problems. I used large but thin flathead bolts I found at a hardware store. No idea what they were for, but they had a brown finish, so maybe some kind of cabinet hardware.
  5. Mr_Chris

Mr_Chris Get away, evil car!

Oddometer:

Sphincter says YES! My arse is envious. How much (or is it a secret)?
  6. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    I got the full suede.. black on black and I think it was $425? My concern is that I have short legs 30" inseam, despite being a manly 5'11" :D I am now on my tip toes, I had a Seat Concetps low seat on before.. James refuses to make a "low" seat for Husabergs because he says there just isnt enough padding to keep the seat comfortable. I will post some pics later today..but it looks just like RTF's seat,, only black :D
  7. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    The suede top, vinyl sides runs $375 plus shipping. Put my name on the list around last August.
  8. Mr_Chris

Mr_Chris Get away, evil car!

Oddometer:

I'm so easily flat footed with a bit of knee bend on the Tiger 800 XC, but on the berg I'm noticeably stretching in comparison... to the ground. But to the pegs I'm still cramped (34" or so inseam) so seat height at the cost of ground touch is okay, to gain peg comfort... and less lifting distance when I'm picking my arse up off the seat too.. :-)

That rear view showing the width is really nice. Looking forward to any multi-tank day rides you can share an arse-report on! :deal
  9. SmileyRider

SmileyRider With lots of Teeth

Oddometer:
    If you could buy any luggage option what would it be and why?
    Ive seen alot of rollie setups and wolfman luggage.

Personally I think the giant loop looks like an excellent option. Does anyone run this?
    I know its not waterproof but I am not too concerned about that.

I just bought a 390 and I am going to kit it up for some longer rides and would appreciate any input.

Cheers
  10. pinevalley

pinevalley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out the Kriega thread in Vendors. A good discussion starts on post 401.

Feel free to ask questions.

Pinevalley
  11. Brian011952

Brian011952 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not going to tell you that I know the answer to your delima, but one thing I do know is Wolfmans customer service is 110% awesome. I, through my own misuse of a bag, holed one of my cloth paniers. I contacted Wolfman, and they said send it bac the repair would be $10. I sent it back and they repaired it but they also double lined the bottoms for me, I guess they figured I was gonna do the same thing again or something. Anyway, customer service like that goes a long, long, long ways with me. I but Wolfman exclusively because of the great service. :clap
  12. Brian011952

Brian011952 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, here is a tech tip I'm thinking is going to work ok and which is cheap. Dog food bags! You say WTF! Ok, ok, I'll explain. A couple of the people I know in our re-purpose everything society have made tote bags out of the new plastic woven dog food bags. The things are tough as nails, have a re-closable zip-loc style seal, and seem to be waterproof too; well, at the least very water resistant.

So, last night, I was going to throw out two empty DF bags, when it dawned on me that they are plastic, ultra water resistant if not outright water proof, and light weight. I thought about that for a minute, looked at them agaian and placed them on my riding gear shelf. I will clean them out very well and then pack my stuff into them before putting it into my cloth panniers. I know it will keep stuff dry and they are free. It may sound kinda crazy, but I'm pretty sure I just found a free waterproof panier liner. BTW, my dog eats Beneful, and no this isn't a drunk posting. :wink:
  13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I use Kriegas on my 390, 650 Xch before that and a XL600v, very good gear, nil problems, water and dust proof. Come in 5, 10, 20 and 30 litre bags and combos of those bags.

Pics at Post 28 here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782994&page=2
  14. SilveradoTX

SilveradoTX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've only recently found out about the Husaberg, and I like what I see. I know they are built to explore and I'm sure handle off road well, but I'm curious about their on road manners as well.
  15. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Nice setup :thumb

for those who havent been there post 415 has pinevalleys berg with the kriega overlander 30(?) setup

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20466433&postcount=415

did you have to do anything to stop the plastic pushing onto the exhaust ?
  16. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only Berg I have ridden is my own - 2010 FX450. It has Pirelli Scorpion A/T dualsport tires on it. The wheels have been balanced and the gearing is 14/52.

For a dirt bike, I think it is terrific on the street. Balancing the wheels is a must. The motor is very smooth for a thumper - better than the KTM RFS bikes I've ridden and way better than my old 640Adv. My bike has the close ratio transmission and the gearing is still good but if I had a choice I'd go for the wide ratio box. Even w/ the close ratio box my bike will do 80+mph easy and will cruise at 65-70mph. Handling on the street is fine, brakes are fine. Twisty roads are great fun. If you do get one, it's critical to get the suspension set up properly and the guide in the manual is not where I ended up (that was a bit stiff and too harsh). Now it is a bit soft and very plush. The bike has also been trouble free so far and just runs and starts so perfectly w/ the FI. The worst thing about it for dualsport use is the small gas tank - my low fuel light comes on at about 90mi. from full. Buy one, they are great values right now.
  17. pinevalley

pinevalley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had kept the heat shield from the GL I had previously. I did not try it without it so I'm not sure it is a requirement or not.

PV
  18. Bubba Bauer

Bubba Bauer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. Ranger Rob

Ranger Rob Out and about...

Oddometer:

I know what you mean :rofl

You see the bit where he says "Just like the Husaberg rally team does" (it's a common comment), well.......
    Maybe you're interested in the REAL deal.:deal

I have the bike that David Schwarz rode in the 2012 Australasian Safari.
    It Won it's class (production 450cc+) and was 7th outright in the safari....Quite the pedigree i reckon :wink:

The bike hasn't done a single kilometre since i bought it and i haven't even registered it yet.
    I've washed it and brought it inside. It lives in it's own bedroom!

Mine is a 2012 fe570 that's done the race and that's it! Roughly 3500km. Check out the pics here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20223367&postcount=1176

Let me know what you reckon.......... the real deal might just be for reluctant sale as the flooding has caused a retaining wall at home to fail, therefor now i need to free up some money.

I had very big plans for this bike but with 5 other bikes at home something's gotta give :cry

Rob
  20. Bubba Bauer

Bubba Bauer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :cry That sucks man sorry to hear that.

I`ll save your details and get back to you IF I manage to scrape up some cash and the courage to tell the missus. I have no berlin walls, but she`s just managed to pass her driving test and she`s adamant that she needs a vehicle to terrorize other road users, but good luck shifting it as mine goes it`ll find its new home tomorrow.