Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. Golden_Cliff

Golden_Cliff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Radioman, Have you put arrow sign on your GS to remind you to keep right back home. As you kept on the left for many weeks on the NZ roads.
    Many thanks for sharing and wish you safe ride.:clap
  2. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3

No Have adjusted to the right side quickly!
  3. steveloomis

steveloomis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right side is engrained in us in the US....
  4. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    True enough, but when I returned home from Ireland I caught myself trying to drive on the left after coming onto the road from a parking lot. Can't be too careful.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I hope to be lucky enough to see you while you are back and maybe even ride a bit, but I know you are a busy celebrity :)

Let me know if I can help with anything while you are here.

<o:p></o:p>
  5. Rogue F8

Rogue F8 Distance Learner

Oddometer:
    Radioman, As I travel back and forth from the US to war zones I find that I get restless quickly. You don't seem to have that problem at all with your "over scheduling" . I have a wonderful friend and a truly unique place you should stay in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney. The gravel is incredible and the place is somewhere I have held near to my heart through all of my travels. The Flying Fox hostel is run by a phenomenal individual named Ross and the place is truly magical. Please PM me if you are interested in a place to stay as there is much to see and do.
  6. Earendil

Earendil Anywhere Outside

Oddometer:
    :lurk Thanks for sharing your adventure, your life. Cheers! :clap
  7. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Maybe a NOVA/DC little rendezvous; I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to meet Radioman especially since he'll be so close by.

(that is of course if he can find the time in his busy schedule).

PS. Thanks for the continued amazing RR.
  8. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Ah, the hardships of celebrity. The paparazzi always around. The groupies. LOL!

But +1 on DC/NoVa. If you've got an evening free, I'd love to ride up and buy you dinner and meet the other FFs who are following you.

:ricky:dg
  9. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Just a guy on a motorcycle ..... :deal

My schedule is really full, and I need to stay focused! Let me check and see what I can work out, and will post soon.
  10. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    Speaking of that...

From PDX Meet-Ups thread:
  11. yzfcathy

yzfcathy Weeble

Oddometer:
    Radioman, step away from the fountain.

Then tell me exactly where that fountain of youth is located.....whisper, I'll keep it a secret.

Another amazing shadow again. :-)

[​IMG]
  12. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  13. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    I don't know how he does it, but Mark found time tonight to say hello to a few of the local idiots in Portland.

[​IMG]

He had a meeting all day to day, met us tonight, and is flying out for DC early tomorrow morning.

One of these days he is going to meet himself going the other way.
  14. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Welcome home Mark, well at least temporarily :D If you do get any free time while in DC, you know you have cold beer waiting from me too. But no worries I know this trip has other priorities.
  15. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :wave was great to see you Ken.... and the other locals who are following along!! Sitting at airport this am.... Onto my next priority.
  16. Radioman

Oddometer:
    This time at home is short, but it is important for me and I continue to advocate on behalf of all those impacted by Alzheimer's Disease, and our country as we face a HUGE financial crisis in caring for people with Alzheimer's disease and related Dementia's now and into the near future.

I volunteered at an Alzheimer's Conference in Portland yesterday. 300+ family caregivers, professional caregivers, and others attend this ever year to learn about the disease, better ways to care for people with Alzheimer's and related illnesses! It is an amazing time with wonderful people! So glad I saw so many familiar faces !

What is staggering is this:

FACTS: 5.3 million Americans currently with Alzheimer's projected to grow to 16 Million in the next 30 years. :deal

Cost of the disease to our society around 200 Billion currently More than Cancer and Heart Disease combined!:deal

These charges show what our government is spending right now on research for the 5 major diseases, and which ones are increasing :eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why has Alzheimer's disease been so underfunded when it will overwhelm our healthcare system. expected to reach 1.2 Trillion in less than 30 years. More than all other diseases combined. It is terrible. Our government needs to start seriously addressing this issue!! :deal

We have lots of budget issues to deal with and this is another case that our leaders are not looking at the future realities and making better choices about what to spend our money on. Please support Alzheimer's priorities !!

This will be my 5th year participating in Advocacy on Capital Hill. We did get the National Alzheimer's Plan Act PAssed in 2010 with UNANIMOUS vote. When has that happened in the last 30 years on something this big? in our government.

I am just a guy, no one is paying me to go to DC or spend the time and money to do so. Having lived the disease with my lovely wife, seeing so many families go through such a terrible disease and it's emotional and economic toll that it takes. It changed my life forever, and I want to help find a cure and treatments for this.
  17. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mark for the info on Alzheimer's, I had no idea of the scale though it has decimated those I know too. Hope your time in DC is productive. David
  18. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :thumb thanks so much David :wave CeeCee

The magnitude of the costs of the disease are staggering, and growing rapidly with our baby boomers and people living longer :deal

This is not motorcycle related but felt I needed to share it!
  19. Mcgee

Mcgee Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is a very honorable thing you are doing for awareness about Alzheimer's disease. My wife's mother was infected with it for many years before her death. It is truly a terrible disease. Thank you for that, plus the great RR! been following along and really enjoying your adventure's. :clap
  20. Rustler

Rustler Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Dedicated to Mark, and all the folks who put their life on hold to care for those afflicted with Alzheimer's, here on the Radioman Network.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bKH13qpFhv8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/335mOheFXKQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>