Gadget for those who play music while riding?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by lukeinlondon, Dec 24, 2012.

1. lukeinlondon

lukeinlondon LC GSA/Helix

Oddometer:
    Well i thought i would share this with you..

Planning on using some 3M Velcro somewhere on the bike in front of me and putting this remote their..while keeping the iPod in my backpack with my headphone tucked in UNDER my jacket..no need to find that little iphone remote or push the otuside of my pocket hoping to hit the ipod next button..or pause!

http://www.buyijet.com/remotes/inav-boss-v2-black-remote-ijet.html?gclid=COXioJz3s7QCFSFyQgod-2oATA

Looking forward to it! Hope this is a helpful conveniance mod for those of us who ride with 'shuffle songs' ..ON

Happy Holidays and thanks to all the contributions....

you have made me a poorer man this year :D
  2. Todd34

Todd34 Toubab

Oddometer:
    I have something similar and it works well. Mounted it with with Velcro next to my HDB top clamp.
  3. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
  4. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    I had that remote it lasted a year or so...

This one is better

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IPNRF...356643882&sr=8-2&keywords=scosche+ipod+remote

I never ride without music (except for trials). I think the remote is a must have. I mount the remote on the left by the clutch mount.

Not sure why you would put the Ipod in your backpack? I keep mine in my shirt pocket or jacket liner pocket. Keeping it close to you body makes managing the headphone cords easier.
  5. lukeinlondon

Oddometer:
    Pics?

WOW..they look really nice..can't justify the funds right now..trying to get my Excel wheels finished..

Hmm..yeah was tempted with that one but picked the cheaper option..be interested to see what setup people have..

Happy new year folks..to another year of safe and fun riding :evil
  6. Todd34

Todd34 Toubab

Oddometer:
    Same one as Drkayak. Works well. I do wish the buttons were backlit though. I go to work pretty early and they are very hard to see in the dark.
  7. lukeinlondon

Oddometer:
    Got mine working...I am really happy! I have it around my neck on the cord and its pretty comical to be able to hold the remote out while I'm riding and change track! Not sure about velcroing down anywhere just yet it doesn't feel like it would be any more practical..,I know on the freeway that thing does a 180 and is trying to escape my neck...not yet my precioussssss
  8. Deepc

Deepc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use a set of sony bluetooth earbuds. I think I paid around $50. The device has play/pause & forward/reverse track features. It clips nicely to your belt or jacket and can be used with gloves.
  9. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Luke, thanks for the heads up. I bought one and love it:D. . . cant believe I rode all these years with a i-pod and never used one. Very nice to be able to hit pause at a stop sign and yack to your buddies, etc. I'm using the velcro attachment method, seems to work fine, I'll use it on multiple bikes, so veloco is a good option. If you are worried about security of the velcro on the remote, you can always run a zip-tye thru the remote and wrap around a cable or something, in case it bounces off, it won't go flying too far.

Take care, ride on!
  10. lukeinlondon

Oddometer:
    great suggestion about the zip tie..i hadn't thought of that!

yup its a little mod that has made quite a difference

*i bought it off eBay off this seller

tstevenson0

when i emailed about setting up issue, he was REALLY helpful and his price on these is lowest on eBay right now..
  11. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use a Sena SMH10 with a bluetooth connection to my phone.

I can control the MP3's from there. Stop, Play, forward/skip. I found I don't use the features very much and just let it play.

If I am in town, I turn down the volume and generally use Pandora and just let it do it's thing.

The best part? No wires to deal with at all.
  12. lukeinlondon

Oddometer:
    i sold my Sena..for the music i listen i found the earphones to be lacking..the other reccomendation i have (when it works!) it iTunes match for those with iPhones..it allows me to listen to all the music from my laptop without having to store it on my iphone (which i could never do cause of the space) i have that on song shuffle on the bike...

Where did you velcro the remote? Pics?
  13. Todd34

Todd34 Toubab

Oddometer:
    That's how mine is set up