New Digital Publication - Outland Moto - Call for Articles!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OUTLAND MOTO, Dec 6, 2012.

1. OUTLAND MOTO

OUTLAND MOTO And then suddenly....

Oddometer:
    This is a call for articles for a new digital publication for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch users (sorry Android users...we will get to you soon!). We would like to introduce “Outland Moto™”, developed in the spirit of Adventure Motorcyclists everywhere! This new publication will provide media rich content, incorporating all the capabilities of mobile devices.

Because we were inspired to create this quarterly magazine by the adventure motorcycling and overland travel communities, the magazine will be free to all subscribers, and will be available through your Newsstand Application.

We are currently accepting article proposals for 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 word features. Articles should include photography and/or video components as well. Many of you have contributed incredible work to this forum! Although we may not be able to accept every article proposal we receive, we will give every proposal the attention it deserves.
    If you have a story and would like to contribute articles to our magazine, please PM me or contact me anytime through my contact information below.

Jim Vota - Editor/Executive Producer

outlandmoto@gmail.com
  2. Mongo357

Mongo357 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couldn't find it on the iTunes App store yesterday, does it take a few days for them to update their search?!?
  3. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    What is your pay rate to contributors?
  4. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    We are working on Issue 0, which will be a preview issue. That is set to go up to iTunes in January. So you will not see anything as of today. Currently we are just reaching out to the community to establish relationships with potential casual and regular contributors.

5. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Pay rates will be based on the frequency and multitude of work. There many tasks available for writers (articles, product reviews, bike reviews and tests, etc). Please feel free to give me a call. We can talk about any questions you may have. My number is at the end of the first post. Great Blog, by the way!! :clap

6. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Hello folks!

This is just an update on the status of our new digital publication, Outland Moto. Here is what you can expect.

1. The magazine will be available (to start) through the Newsstand App on your iPad or iPhone. Android will come soon.
    2. The Introductory "Issue 0" should be available within the next 10 days.
    3. Issues will be every quarter (again, to start)
    4. Subscriptions to this magazine will be FREE. This was very important to us. We were inspired by you, so this magazine is for you. We will figure out how to make living some other way.
    :lol3

We are still looking to add solid contributors to this magazine. If you are interested, please contact us. Our information is below.

Outland Moto Magazine
    outlandmoto@gmail.com
    www.outlandmoto.com (still finishing this, so please excuse the construction)
    www.facebook.com/outlandmoto

Jim