Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Boats313

Boats313 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Do you have any pictures and/or descriptions of the dimming switch and wire harness?

I'm close to making a purchase. I just can't figure out if I want two 10 degree, two 20 degree, or one of each.

Thanks,
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    The handle bar switch we are using is in the photo, I"ll get pictures of the complete harness asap.
    We are setting this up to give the riders options on install preferences.
    A rider can set the lights up to work solely from this 3 way switch, or operate the high portion from the factory high beam switch on the bike. A customer can chose to substitute handle bar mounted a on/off switch for the 3 way if they choose.
    This switch also has provisions to run other Aux lights from.
    Non dimmable harnesses come with a toggle switch.
    [​IMG]
  3. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in the same boat too!
  4. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:

Nice looking switch here!

Also, I am thinking of adding a fuzeblock when I get all my electrical done this Spring... for add-ons like Hot Grips and GPS Powerlet.

Which Fuzeblock would be best?

Any of these listed here? Just thought I would ask!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

OR

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop/bike/ktm-950-adventure/fuzeblock-fz-1-detail.html

Thanks!
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    If a guy was to add an additional fuse block, and was looking at the two that are in the links. I think I would go with the eastern Beaver setup, I like the fact that it is completely encased and has an external relay.
    I'm sure both would do a great job.
    I'm asked quite often about how to wire in lights. Personally for my own use I like to have lights when the bike is not running or the key is not turned on. Why? I do a lot of bike camping, Its very nice to have good light while setting up camp on those late days, I don't want my Fuel pump and other equipment on the bike to be running during that time.
    The drawback to doing that is that you have to remember to turn the lights off, something I have forgotten to do on occasion. Push starting a loaded 950 is not a lot of fun.:eek1
  6. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    Cool! Thank you for your input and I will see about how I want to get those wired when the time comes... I am thinking to may have them come on with my brights, but then again, having them on a separate switch might be better altogether.
  7. Boats313

Boats313 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So if I order the kit I get: 2 lights, a wire harness, and the dimming switch? And the switch can be wired up to have the lights come on full bright with my high beams and dimmed with my low, or work independently with the ignition off?

Just checking to make sure I have everything sorted out in my head after reading so many threads and sites, sometimes the details blend together.

Thanks for the reply.
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thanks for the opportunity to tell you about our products.

There are 3 basic Harness options for the Long Range light kits.

1 lights only. these include a hard wired Deutch connector and a mating connector with a 6 inch lead

2. Lights with non dimmable, fused, relayed harness with Toggle switch. It is possible to add the dimmer at a later date. All Deutch connectors. (If you want a handle bar switch we can also do that)
    Plug and Play

3. Lights with dim-able harness. This kit includes the above mentioned 3 position switch. Off/Low/High or a 2 way switch if you want to trigger your LED high beams with the stock High beam switch,
    relays,Fuses, dimmer and weather pack connectors. Plug and Play

There are many ways you can wire this setup

1. You can wire the lights up straight to your battery and have total use of the lights whether the bikes key is on or off, This requires the 3 way switch

2, You can wire them in so that the lights operate in low when the key is (1) off or (2) on yet trigger high with the stock high beam switch, This requires the 2 way switch

If Im missing something you riders want let me know...
  9. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went out to the website and can find the lights, but not the kit. Can you advise on pricing and how to order?

Tim Bowman
    Burien, WA
    tk.bowman@comcast.net
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Tim
    The different harness and light configurations are in the drop down Option menu for the single Long Range light.
    We haven't added the dimming harness yet due to having a tough time just keeping up with orders. Right now the dimming harness is hand made one at a time.
    I"ll get that done here in the next few days.
    Your local. I'm more than willing to drop a set by for you.

If anyone has thoughts,ideas or even special request, I am all ears. We make custom kits all the time.

Pricing:
    Optimus Single - $139
    Optimus Single Kit (2 qty. Optimus Single lights with basic Wiring Harness) - $259

Optimus Dual - $239
    Optimus Dual Kit (2 qty. Optimus Dual lights with basic Wiring Harness,No dimming) Plug and Play- $459

Dimming harness with handle bar mounted switch is 69.95 This harness option takes the place of the basic harness. For now these are not on the site but available threw a pm or call.
  11. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

Oddometer:
    Hi again!

1)- You are mentioning Optimus Dual... I can't find any pics on the site... Could u post a pic or two here with dimensions?

2)- Also, could those lights (single or dual) be wired to the factory High/Low beam without the need of a separate switch?

So, who else is having a tough time deciding on what to get and what have u all decided? Two 10s or One 10 and One 20? Hard to make up my mind.

Thanks for your help.
  12. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of LED driving lights for high speed riding. I would like to see some comparisons of these with other brands (Baja Squadrons, Piaa 1100 LEDs, Rigid Industry Dually 2s).
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Ill see what I can do. I am glad you are looking at quality lights.
    Out of those 3 lights the only one that I would consider a high speed light is the Squadron. I have some in stock, so getting a photo is just a matter of having decent conditions to get a picture.
    The long range will shoot a beam considerably farther than the squadron, however will not put out as much light close to the bike.
    I know other Long Range customers have compared and relayed their thoughts on the Ds to me, hopefully they can post up here.
  14. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Thanks as always for the help. I don't need superduper long range like the desert racers, just something that throws out a lot of light past the high beams for twisty mountain road riding at night. Shot you a PM.
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hopefully we will have specific dual info on the site soon.
    You can tap into your high beams for the high portion, But most likely would want a switch to turn the LEds on and off. If you have a low beam or other power source that is switched and stays on when the high beam function is engaged then you could wire them in with no extra switches.
  16. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Could you give us an idea of how the optimus 2 compares to your next generation light bars, specifically distance of beam?
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking
    In total distance a set of dual optimus provide usable light at more than 900 ft. Flat out the most distance of any LED aux light.
    The 4 up NXG light bar in 10 deg has approx a 400 ft range. The light bar will provide more light up to the point of fall off.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    An advantage to having longer throw lights is that you can always aim them down for more brightness closer to the bike, then if you ever really need more distance its easy to pull them up a bit and enjoy much farther distances,
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I did"t have time to throw up the markers, but took these photos at the same location as the other photos in this thread. I will be adding lights and better photos in the future.All photos taken within 5 minutes of each other with the same camera settings.
    The trees in the distance are at 350 ft.
    The trees are at 350 ft. I really need a longer spot to really show the distance in the Long Range capability.
    The commentating is my personal professional view, take it for what value you feel its worth.

Dual Long Range set 40 watt draw 2 lights shown
    [​IMG]

Baja Designs Squadron. single. Nice light, we also sell this 43 watt draw 1 light shown
    [​IMG]

Single Long Range Dual 20 watt draw 1 light shown
    [​IMG]

ADV Monster Model 60 28 watt draw according to reseller

This light puts out a Good amount of light, Quality is less than stellar, Distance is Ok for slower speeds 1 light shown

[​IMG]

MondoMotos MM 10 10 watt draw 20 deg beam,decent build quality 1 light shown
    [​IMG]

Single Long Range 10 deg 10 watt draw 1 light shown
    [​IMG]
  20. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Impressive pics! Were the pics of the optimus lights taken with a pair of lights, or an individual light?? Also, was the squadron light shown in the pics a 10 degree spot ?