Double Take Mirror- a new (and better) Dual Sport Mirror

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    wilting for me isn't a "road" issue....it is a "whoops" issue....it just won't hold off road....
  2. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Funny..soon as I am offroad...I fold mirror in....as do my buddies. Who needs mirror through technical offroad stuff?? :what:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2
  3. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I do

nice to be able to see that I still have the rider behind me without slowing down...
  4. Ghost_Mutant

Ghost_Mutant looking for bionics

Oddometer:
    Due to health reasons, I've been restricted from riding motorcycles since before Thanksgiving.

So I didn't have a chance to test my new set of double takes without the dowels. I'll get around to it once I heal up and the weather cooperates :rofl

I also like having one mirror for easily seeing what is behind me on tight trails. I'm getting old and it makes it easier to get out of the way for the younger generation, the trails seem much more packed with riders these days. The mirrors are tough enough that I don't worry about them, unlike my older set.
  5. gbtw

gbtw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried to order just now just using paypal. Ended up with a white page afterwards, no charge so something went wrong, i will try it sometime later i guess :).
  6. Woodenveins

Woodenveins Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set yesterday and didn't have any problems. Received a conformation email as well.
  7. gbtw

gbtw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried it both with Chrome and Firefox and it returns just a white screen when i am send back after confirming on paypal.
  8. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please send us an email at ride@advmirror.com and we will straighten this out. We have an infrequent (but persistent) issue with some Northern European orders erroring on paypal that we have never been able to fully resolve.
  9. gbtw

gbtw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will do :)
  10. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    For anyone who cares, mine still wilt, only if I'm riding on the freeway. Tried on both a drz, and a dr650. The ram balls are now crushed and cracked badly. They have never slipped at the ram ball, only at the mirror. I haven't had a chance to try to make rods to fit in them. What do the replacement ram balls cost?
  11. jjchopper02

jjchopper02 Orange Brigade

Oddometer:
    Ned Any discount codes in the works to start 2014 and make it a great year!!!:clap:clap:clap
  12. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Ned, just a quick note. As you know we are selling your mirrors at Twisted Throttle. As I edit the content on the website, add new products and update old ones, I've been adding the Double Take mirror as a related product to as many other things as makes sense and even some that don't make sense. :lol3 Ernie's doing it too. We're just trying to spread the love!
  13. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    Been using the Double Take mirror since they 1st came out and didn't realize how accustomed to having a clear, stable view to the rear I had become until I rode my XRR with the flimsy Acerbis wiggler a couple weeks ago.

Great product Neduro! :clap:clap:clap
  14. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    ...got mine thru JustGasTanks, quick delivery.
    I like two...

[​IMG]
  15. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, guys...

Nice looking ride!
  16. Mklaz

Mklaz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Woohooo

Just placed my order for a set of doubletakes. Took advantage of the discount from motoadv.com .

Can't wait to get them on and be able to see something other than my shoulder.
  17. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Ned. Love my mirrors. I have a set on two of my dualsport bikes. Hope to see you this year. Maybe in Colorado or the 2014 KTM Rally. Take care. SR (aka Patty Bell)
  18. dondesmo

dondesmo Senior Squid

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a set of your mirrors/ram mounts for my '11 990 KTM. I have read where crashes can break the mirror mount bases with the stock mirrors. I have been lucky twice (don't ask) so it's past time for replacement. I ran across your Double Take Mirrors here in ADVrider, Vendors. Looking forward to getting your product.
  19. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me too! Did KTM announce where the rally is yet?

Thanks for the order! Another tip- We sell a Split Clamp Assembly that you can use to replace the OE brake master mount- in other words, you discard half of our split clamp, and the OEM piece that clamps around the side of the bars nearer the rider, and use half of the split clamp to replace it. Probably not necessary with the Doubletake since it will give way if need be, but a low-cost option if you have broken the master cylinder mount (or don't want to).

:thumb
  20. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
    now that the 640A is running again, I decided to get another Double Take before I inevitably break the remaining stocker. Thanks Ned!