Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may have to agree with Meef regarding using your cell phone for navigation on a bike. My phone started acting up today by saying my sim card was not in. I had to take it out and put it back in to get it to work. Granted I had been going about 30 mph on some fist sized gravel when the front end washed out on me. In a moment of pure genius I decide to try this "planking" that I hear is all the craze and proceeded to dive head/shoulder first into the ground. In a Matrix like slow motion I recall thinking to myself "wow, your shoulders shouldn't be touching each other like that", and "wow I can slide on my helmet like those fancy break dancers of the '80's!" :lol3

I gathered my wits and realized I was in quite a bit of pain and picked my bike up, glanced at the minimal rash and damage on it, then took off again on my way only to do the exact same friggen trick 300 feet down the trail. WTF? This time I hurt extremely bad and my bars, hand guard, turn signal all looked out out of place. Still nothing bad as I rode the 20 miles back home and put the bike away. By that time every bump hurt and breathing was a task.
    After my wifes urging I went to urgent care for xrays only to find out I am a pussy. No noticeable breaks (However I was told I had broke my shoulder or collar bone previously apparently and never knew it??) I was told to see an ortho and to take antinflammatory meds. I hurt alot now and fear tomorrow morning may be fun when I attempt to wipe right handed instead of southpaw. :cry

Thanks for listening to me bitch. Im embarrassed that of all the dumb shit I do, I get hurt when I am doing nothing but tooling around.
  2. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Way to go,"Yard-Dart"....Glad your mostly OK.
  3. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How were the fireworks in Marietta?
  4. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you are ok sounds like we should have stayed home today I had a rough one also well my bike had a rough one. Rode about 140 miles was kind of starting to head for home came into Glenmont and the rear end felt weird. Pulled over and yep flat as hell. Rode to the park in Glenmont and found a nice grass spot to change my tube. The job went real good and I was on my way. Should know enough to just come home but I cant seem to pass up a gravel road so left turn onto the gravel for a mile or so and as soon as I hit the slab flat again. WTF. I am only about 10 miles from home and was out of tubes so I start riding and about 2 miles into it I was like this is crazy so I pulled over under a tree and called for help. The first flat was a dry wall screw and all I had was a 21 inch tube but I don't know why it went flat the valve stem was ripped off but I am sure that's from the 2 miles on the road when it was flat. I had a new tire waiting in the garage so all is well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some jackass turned into the campground and yells out the window that's a bad place to park your bike. I said I got a flat tire thanks for offering to help.
  5. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Larry

Hell I figure it was just my turn. I am glad that I wore my gear today, I have gotten a bit lazy this summer on some short jaunts.

Sucks to hear about all of your flats. I think fighting with tires hurt about as bad as wrecking some times. :lol3
  6. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    ouch! Glad you're typing. :thumb Looking forward to tomorrow's "how I wiped my ass " post.
  7. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

Bet this is the first time in your life you wish you were french:

A bidet (<small>US</small> /b&#616;&#712;de&#618;/ or <small>UK</small> /&#712;bi&#720;de&#618;/) is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Bidet is a French loanword. A special type of bidet is used for washing the feet. It comes from an ancient Spanish tradition before pedicure salons were created.
  8. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    That stinks. At least it looks like you got all the good out that Trakmaster. :D
    I ordered a Pirelli XCMH to try on the back of my WRR & a Shinko 504 up front (the Sedona 887s are on back order). It has Shinko 244s on it now & I want to take it to Tar Hollow. The rear 244 does surprisingly well on abandoned roads in the dry, the front doesn't inspire much confidence, though.
    I've ran Trakmasters in the past & have been pretty happy with them, just wanting to try something that may last a little longer with more pavement between the gravel.
  9. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    They were OUTSTANDING as always. We rode 430 miles that day and about 80% of it was as twisty as you could ask for. Rode with Tom May. He holds 3 #1 road race plates and he really helped me improve my road riding skills.(or lack there of).:muutt <- That`s how you lean into a turn! :1drink
  10. Drifter136

Drifter136 Lab Rat

Oddometer:
    Alan, how do you like the Seat Concepts seat on the WR? Is it $160 more comfortable than stock? Also, do you have the low or the standard height?
  11. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:

I love it. Well worth the money. Standard height. If you want to try it sometime you can ride up and we can swap seats for a day.
  12. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    My brother's house has a bidet in one of the bathrooms. He said it works OK, he just didn't like the idea of drying his ass with the hand towels. They use it for the dogs water bowl now. Dog doesn't seem to mind.
  13. cannonrider

cannonrider Backroad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :muutt
    I did a slow motion tip-over on the v-strom a few weeks ago.Ended up with a seperated shoulder (AC Joint).Had surgery alittle over a week ago.http://[​IMG]" target="_blank">http://[​IMG][
  14. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I'm a City BBQ man, myself. 1:00? Sure, rain or shine.
  15. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Sorry about your biff, Adam.
  16. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ouch, how long of a recovery are you looking at?
    Thanks
  17. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, see ya there.
  18. cannonrider

Oddometer:
    :pissed
  19. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I think that's what happened to mine last November. Its in, its out at times, but zero pain still. Well, after the initial 2 weeks of hell.
  20. cannonrider

Oddometer:
    Yea it kinda screwed up the Fall Lakes Tour might have to do it in the Spring.