F850GS / F800GS / F750GS / F700GS / F650GS Twin pics

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Angelo B, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's got great taste in tents as well. :evil
  2. crossplane

crossplane Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is a nice colour!

Mine was that colour... once

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rofl

Any tips for getting that engine clean again? I haven't come across something that actually cleans that stained look of crud that's all over my motor since this last muddy excursion. Looks beautiful and clean when wet even after a good scrub, but then you let it dry and the bloody thing looks filthy again. :puke1

(oh and hi everyone from Brisbane, AUS :) )
  3. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    WD40 cleans the plastic and engine...:lol3 Guys who ride motocross use it on their bikes to make them look showroom new .
  4. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles... Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 on wd40! My boys race motocross, spray it down well right after washing and drying, wipe off excess, save oily rag for next time... for my boys that's usually the next day...
  5. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is kinda the same." (Sesame Street!)

I'm used to being the oddball. Hangin' at the biker bar in Port Stanley with the "Skirtster" Chic. K, she's looking after the pets while I take off on a two week bike trip.

I just wish my Zumo had a "H-D" button in "Avoidances". That way all the roads it suggested would be paved, clean and relatively straight. Not like the gravel road it wanted me to go on cause it's faster....

[​IMG]
  6. soph9

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just a tease and another one to come at the end of the month! Can you guess what we bought?

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
  7. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see spokes and a garbage can muffler so I'd guess the new 800!

btw. you're not related to jenny or ray letkeman are you??

8. soph9

Oddometer:
    yes to the 800...and no Cheryl does not know Jenny or Ray Letkeman...which is weird because its not a common name!
  9. oz mal

oz mal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The yellow bus near Cameron Corner. Australia.
    [​IMG]
  10. O-Man

O-Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Leslie, so why did you go with the 800 this time instead of the 700, also instead of a Tiger? I just totaled my 650 and am looking at a new 700, 800 or Tiger as soon as I get healed and can ride again. Just curious?

Dan:ear
  11. soph9

Oddometer:
    Why the BMW? To be honest not sure...we do have many accessories that we can mount on the new 800's off our 650's...that saves $$ but today we sat on the Triumph Tiger 800XC and neither one of us felt it. Don't get me wrong there is no competition about the comfort the Tiger offers compared to the plank seat the Beemers have. But in the end I guess we are BMW riders and why did we decided on the 800 in general? WE really liked the 21 inch front wheel. We loved how the 800XC handled on and off road.

We like the suspension of the 800GS versus the 650 we have. WE are venturing more off road and would like to take on more technical riding. Nothing crazy as we do not really want to bruise our bikes...they are not cheap as you know. So, for now we went with our gut instincts. The 800GS gets better gas mileage as well. WE are now in the premium gas range though...the Tigers take regular unleaded. Oh and I really do not and did not like the manual dash on the Tigers. With the new Beemers as always they have a handlebar control for the informatics and we did get all the options just to see if we ever use the ESA and ASC. In the end...if anyone is looking for a bike like the 800GS or 800XC...you have to go with how you feel when ready to buy. Even last year if we were given the bikes I would have not said no...but since Triumph has not revamped the dash and side by side we like the way the GS looked. It appears to be slimmer and we also like the tank under the seat. Makes the bike feel lighter in the end.

Personal choice, gut feeling and accessories we have made the choice pretty easy this go around.
  12. NaMi

NaMi Mirko

Oddometer:
    I just do service at the dealer, after 15 months and 20k km, still no problems.

[​IMG]
  13. fj40&gs800

fj40&gs800 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great pics!
  14. 1994klr250

1994klr250 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wishing I was back on this ride right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Atigun Pass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:
    Hit up Beartooth Pass today.

85F in Billings, 45F on top of the Pass. Man I love MT!! (Even though this pic is in WY, but we are buddies with them!!)

[​IMG]

Here is my previous bike. I "guided" the new owner to cook City. He has only been riding for about a month, but was doing great and having a blast!!!

[​IMG]

Ryan
  16. fquevedob

fquevedob Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. soph9

Oddometer:
    Ryan you just reminded me about your web site..going to post it on our BLOG...finally checked it out....WELL done! When will the KLIM stuff make the site?:D
  18. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:

Yea, I'm wearing it in EP 5 and will also have it in EP6.

Sweet stuff. The badlands probably weighs 2 times what the TPG stuff weighs, but feels lighter and breathes 10x better!!!

Megan Really want to come yesterday, but she had to work.. :( I think we are going to he back up next weekend and hit some nice dirt!!

Ryan
  19. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    I like the fact that your helmet color goes with your bike! nice!
  20. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    Another contribution to this thread:

[​IMG]
    Somewhere in Luxembourg with Zoé my Girlfriend. We packed the bike up again after another night of camping