2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Nails

Nails Ultimate nOOb

Oddometer:

Why is Ricky the GOAT? There was an outdoor National MX race where it was raining and muddy. The Man was on rails. HE LAPPED THE ENTIRE FIELD! I don't think that has ever happened before or since. He freakin lapped everybody.
  2. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Wow.. thats nutz! I saw JS finish first and 3rd before, he lapped everyone but 2nd place rider and himself.. lol.. but a first and .. haha first!!!

I don't know enough MX/SX history to know.. but there are a lot of records that are crazy.. including McGrath's 85 SX wins. And RC was crazy fast.. so far he's been the best I've ever seen race in my time watching MX/SX.

After watching closely to outdoors this past season, man I really appreciate the just hardcore racing they do. I love SX & MX.. these guys deserve more recognition in this sport.. even the non-factory racers that are out there each week giving it their all.

its all good!
  3. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Bubba did a pretty good job out in the rain at Daytona last year.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oRhle9_tKrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Why? Ricky was the only one that won from the beginning of his career until the end. Very few finishes outside of the top five ever. Maybe none?.....I wish he was as good as a color commentator.
  5. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I don't doubt his credentials. I think I'm more interested in the debate. If he is he is, so be it. All records fall. Ruths did. Hank Aaron's did. Even Nicklaus's record of majors might fall, but not in Woods life time.

Point being I'd prefer he was a little more humble and came out and stated the title of "GOAT" is too lofty and his achievements were made possible by everyone who collectively swung a leg over a dirt bike/dirt track/board track etc. etc. and he is just glad to be part of it. Most people who know him as the GOAT never heard of Maldwyn Jones. I'd love to see RC ride a board track bike @100mph on oily wood with no brakes. If he wants to come across as the GOAT he might want to find and old DeCoster jersey, wear it on TV, and pay homage.

I still say his advantage over JS was the age/experience. I still say JS would beat RC now.
  6. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ward was pretty good in his day and a much better car racer.
  7. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    My daughter had this hanging on the wall in her bedroom.

[​IMG]
  8. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    I totally agree. I can't tell you how many local fast guys get to a certain point in their careers and have to give it up due to the financial commitment it takes to get to the next level.

There are very few smaller companies that can afford to foot the bill for an entire season of cross country trips, practice/race bikes, mechanic wages, fuel, transport costs, etc. Most local guys get a little help from a bunch of places, but not enough to compete at the highest levels. The factories pour all their resources into a couple guys each year, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Could they spread that out to 6 or 8 guys? Would that make racing more balanced? I don't know.

The coolest thing I've seen is the Driven to Ride series from last summer. Those are local kids who worked their tails off with a shoestring budget to make all the nationals. Where did they end up? I'm sure they are both broke, in debt, and right back where they started. Even though Derek earned a national #63, there wasn't a ride for him even with a fringe privateer team. I do see him running in the LCQ's in the SX Lites this season. I don't know how he does it.

Anybody know where Shorty ended up? Did he land on K'Dub's bikes?
  9. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Funny you should ask.
    [​IMG]

Only privateer under a big rig awning :D
    Hope he does well tonight.
  10. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    With all the other top riders bestowing him the title of GOAT, I think it is Deserved. Those who raced against him and lost to him are the best authority to call him GOAT, not us.

Saying Stewart would beat RC now doesn't make him better than RC. RC's consistency and pure domination makes him the GOAT. JS7 was at one point the Fastest Man on the Planet but isn't anymore. RC is still the GOAT.

This is a favorite video of mine
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-B1yQ54NeNo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-B1yQ54NeNo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Good discussion. I cannot wait til the race tonight :freaky
  11. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Justin Barcia video for Flug. Why? Cause its F*CKING Awesome!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_2YMVO_6K4o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_2YMVO_6K4o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  12. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I forgot about Roger D. He would be the Euro-Goat

No no. Not even close..:hmmmmm..He was a great bike racer and a good car racer.
  13. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    No live SuperX tonight? Looks like the Rolex 24 hour has priority. Dang!:cry
  14. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    His day was pretty long too. First to win every AMA MX class, back when there were 3. 125(1), 250(x2) and 500(x2). Won two SX titles, and won two Supermoto titles!
  15. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    No,CBS has priority. :deal
  16. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    blah,blah,blah...
  17. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    :nod

It'd be better if he just said he didn't like him.
    Obviously he never saw him during his dominate years. :bow
  18. Pantah

Oddometer:
    I meant his car racing was better than GOAT. :deal
  19. Pantah

Oddometer:
    After that vid, I am pulling for Just B!
  20. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    :wink: