Honda Gold Wing F6B

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  2. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Arrived at the dealer a few days ago. Had to have another look...

[​IMG]
  3. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    A brilliant signature line.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Gonna go check out the F6B today, they have some leftover 2012 'wings too, gonna look long and hard at both. I can easily make a rack for the F6B to mount a HappyTrails topbox for longer trips and I don't really like windshields. It's harder to put cruise control on the F, so the full 'wing might win me over.
  5. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:

:rofl I thought it was like a dog shitting a peach seed.....

6. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I knew it was gonna happen. Wifey said, "It's only $4,000 more, buy the damn thing.", so I did.

[​IMG]

I'm going to paint all that silver stuff to make it look like the F6B. The main difference between to two for me is I had more room on the F6B and I'm a little tiny bit cramped on the Goldwing. 82 inch wingspan does that. The creature comforts on the full 'wing really swayed me, I ride a minimum of 60,000 miles per year and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger on one.

Back to your F6B thread...sorry for bustin' up your Fat6Bastard party...or is it a F***ing6Banger?

:beer
  7. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I sat on an F6B at the dealership yesterday. Awesome bike! The rear looks really great.
  8. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:deal
  9. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    This new bike is a real looker, very sharp in the red. Plenty of room in the cockpit, it just says 'wide open spaces.' First bike I noticed in the showroom, walked right past the 1100 without realizing. I could definitely see giving the F6B a try. I could never imagine myself on a Goldwing, but this one just clicked for me- go figure..
  10. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    At first I was attracted to the FB6, having had 2 Goldwings. I still like it, but I found something for about the same price that I like better. The Triumph Rocket III Tourer. It reminds me of the old Honda Valkyrie (feels strange calling it old, I clearly remember when it first came out, and all the oohs and aahs it got from the magazines) The Rocket III has 800cc more than the Valkyrie, and only half the cylinders. I think it is probably one of the best bargains of all the touring capable cruisers. It would get tons of attention if it were made by Honda (and probably cost a lot more)
  11. VO1MX

VO1MX Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy fuck that is ugly :puke2
  12. MHaz01

MHaz01 I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer:
    Sat on one today at the dealer's. The seat is about as wide as my dining room table, much wider than a GL1800 seat. I like the looks of the thing, and wish Honda would offer a kit to make the GL look like that when the topcase isn't required.

Speaking of GL1800 - $26 large??? Good grief!
  13. danh600

danh600 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stopped by the Honda dealership yesterday. They had two of the F6b on the floor. A red one and a black one. Their show room is packed full of bikes and these were over in a corner. I walked around them and took a look. When you see one in person it's a really nice looking bike, but it's a big bike. It looks like a small car from the back.

I sat on a 1700 Vaquero awhile back and just remember think how heavy that bike felt. It just felt way too heavy sitting on it. I didn't get to test drive it.

When I sat on the F6b, my first thoughts were actually how light the bike felt. It was amazing how easy it was to right the bike and move it around a little bit. Must be cause all that weight is so low.

I really liked the seating position. It worked for me. Might take a little getting use to the large wide flat seat. It's just so different from my cushy mustang seat. I think you would have to ride it a few hours to make a call on that seat.

The red looks better in real life then I thought it would. Both the black and red are very nice looking bikes.

Not really looking to trade right now, but this bike is still on my short list of possible next bikes.

I really, really want to ride on now.
  14. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    It's simply that he Americans are TERRIFIED of change. Any change. Can we all say "METRIC"? Sure we can. Now, can we google the other TWO countries in the entire fucking world that are NOT metric? Sure we can. Liberia and Burma! Can the average American find these two countries on a map? Doubt it.
    And Honda.....is the new 700 still only available with ABS if you opt for the "automatic" transmission? Hello, Honda....it's 2013! Buy a fucking programme!
    Lyle
  15. JerryH

Oddometer:
    I have now had a chance to sit on (but not ride) the FB6 and the Triumph Rocket III. As nice as the FB6 is, I'd go for the Triumph. The Rocket III tourer cost less, is simpler, and 500cc bigger, yet feels smaller.

As for ABS, I am a confirmed ABS hater. I also hate linked brakes as well, which the FB6 has. The reason? I want total control of the bike. The skill involved in riding a bike (and surviving) is a big part of the allure of riding a bike. Is ABS and LBS safer? Maybe. Maybe not. But it does not matter. That is not what riding a motorcycle is all about. A motorcycle is NOT a car. If safe transportation is what you want, get a luxury sedan with all the bells and whistles. If you want FUN, a motorcycle is the way to go, including all the dangers and inconveniences that go with it.
  16. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I'm clearly too dum for most of that, but WTF is a programme? Some sort of french thang?
  17. JerryH

Oddometer:

I happen to agree. That's why I like Harleys. They let you know, in no uncertain terms, that there is a real internal combustion engine down there. Unlike more modern designs, you never forget you are riding a MACHINE.
  18. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Do not forget the satin jacket and tennis shoes
  19. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Do you have a point?
  20. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Sorry my lame attempt at humor , I will go away now .