SPRING SALE! Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Saw this post on this “D2D information” thread & just ordered one, paid with paypal.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16080372&postcount=157

But I didn’t read/see your post here that I am quoting from before ordering & didn’t see any “special instructions” or where to “...apply gift certificates, rewards, or other discounts later” like it says on the order page. Where did that go?

I’m not going to D2D this year & will pick up the stand here in Anchorage at wherever you are sending them. I’m guessing you will send them to Alaska Leather & not to Fighter. I know all these people.
    So, you can change your offer to the first 8 D2D orders & not charge me shipping. Or not.
    I assume it would be easier for you to just send them all at once to one place. Your choice.
    I’ll send you my name & address in an e-mail, so let me know where it’s going.
  2. Helltrack

Helltrack In search of ...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer! I'd been thinking about getting one of your stands but couldn't get one in OZ! Just ordered one of your stands to pick up at the D2D.

Campbell.
  3. Antics

Antics I do what I want

Oddometer:
    Won't make it to D2D but I did just order one for my new 89 Transalp. Look forward to receiving it and I'll try to post some pics of it in use once I do!
  4. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    Well since you asked, I have 2.
    1. You know those pictures of evolution showing chimp, ape, cromag, neandarthal, human, then something funny like Homer Simpson? Why not put together a series of a (wood) stick, motorcycle jack, then Trail Stand on tshirts, bumper stickers....?
    2. for bikes with hollow axles, like WR250R with a 11.5 long x 7/16 inside diam. - can this be stored inside the axle? Hollow kickstand - same idea. Update your measurement page so I'll know if the existing will work with this idea (& order now) or if you can make version 3 to fit there.:1drink
    3. mud accessory - kinda like the kickstand plate, a 4in dia plate should work better than a crushed can...I'd rather get one from you.
    4. paint all parts florescent.
    5. I can't count :lol3
    6. group buy potential for 9/22/11 at Cromag...:deal

Thanks for making a great product & make in the USA!

5. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tom I will refund your shipping and include a stand with your name on it for pickup at Alaska Leather. Sent you and email too.
    Thanks for the order!:D
  6. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks Campbell, Australia to the Yukon, that one heck of a trip!
    I will refund your shipping and send your's along with your name attached for pickup at D2D in Dawson.
  7. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks Antics! I will be on the way to CA today!
  8. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Refund just hit my email as I was writinhg this. :bow
    You doing D2D?
  9. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
  10. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Interesting ideas chrisspy! I will check the axle idea out, other good thoughts too.
    I have been considering a sticker that will attract attention and one that people will actually put on their bike. My friends and I always joke that we are not only riding but out on a "Bigfoot Hunt" so I am working on a sticker, here's my rough sketch, needs some refinement but you get the idea. :evil
    I will probably change the slogan to "We ride so Sasquatch cant hide!"
    What do you guys think? (The yellow background would be white by the way)
    [​IMG]
  11. Cromoth

Oddometer:
    Well hide the women & children...so what's the outside diameter? :lurk

12. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    It's .50 inches in dia, which is 12.7mm.
    I would be concerned about leaving it in the axle for an extended period, the crud and gunk buildup along with the water might make it into a semi-solid axle...
  13. Cromoth

Oddometer:
    Upon closer inspection, the brake side has a taper so the chain side has ~15mm ID. I thought both were the same. I'll order & let you know how it fits.
    Good point re. buildup. Either frequent checks/cleaning or silicone sealant should make that work. Is it rust proof due to the coating?:ear

14. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    The finish is a basic bright zinc to prevent rust, but it really isn't intended to be stored in the elements. I chose this finish with the intention it would be stored in some sort of bag or case. Other finishes are possible but the cost would not be worth it to the majority of buyers. Retention would be another concern, you wouldn't want it to fall out of an axle going down the road for many reasons, all bad that I can think of.

At one time I thought about designing a rear rack that you could attached the Trail Stand underneath to store it, using the hitch pin and the threaded foot, but I have not pursued that idea.
  15. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I do want to mention that I will be off on a multi day ride this weekend (hey I gotta go riding too) :ricky

So any orders after today (about 8 C.S.T.) will ship Monday. Any orders I get I should be able to let people know I will ship Monday the 13th through email on my phone. :thumb
  16. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I'm back online and shipping the weekend orders tomorrow.
    Went to the Flinthills Stampede, lead a 180 mile ride from the high open range lands of Chase county Kansas to the valleys and minimum maintenance roads in Greenwood county. :D

The first of many flats of the 140 or so riders attending was on my riding buddy's Bob's DRZ400. It rained a bit and he made it back to camp so instead of use the solid ground we got a few boards and headed for the soft ground withe the scarce shade back at camp.

There were quite a few Trail Stands out with the 15 ride groups, after a fair share of flats in each group there was a lot of interest back at camp and stands sold well, nothing like seeing it in use, especially on a hot day after many miles on the trail, it will be one of your favorite flat tire (or chain lubing) tools...if there is such a thing:rofl

[​IMG]

Oh yea, we even made it down "Sleepy Hollow Road" and lived to tell the tale:evil....

[​IMG]
  17. Yokomo

Yokomo Trials & Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    Is that BM's POS DRZ? :lol3
    My wife bought a stand from you yesterday. I was thinking about getting one for my fat KLR for maintenance and such. I guess she read my mind. Hopefully it'll come in handy one of these days.
    Thanks!
  18. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Yep you nailed it Yokomo :lol3, he picked up a small nail about 2 miles south of camp right as I headed into town, he aired it up and it held until he got back. Since we were back at camp it was a "3B" flat fix, 3 Beers and it looks good, I've got a few choice shot's of BM's tire changing form.....:eek1

I used mine yesterday on a new blue KLR at Teeter Rock, the pic below is after the repair action, my Husky is sitting in front of the KLR, I had the moose expedition bags on it for the FHS.

Thanks to you and your wife! Your wife knows a good product when she see's it! if I do say so myself

[​IMG]
  19. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Here's a hunk of Flint Hills iron we dug out of a D606 last Saturday, If you haven't found something like this in a tire it's only a matter of time...

[​IMG]
  20. Yokomo

Yokomo Trials & Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    Damn Beemers!

Don't you put that curse on me! :D