Husqvarna TE 250 thread!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by midengineracer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got to second that, I think I had a pleasant surprise at least once on every ride where the "little" 250 would simply drag itself up a hill while I was wondering where to change down!

Have even had riders following who passed on their astonishment at how tractable the bike was.

-Simon
  2. Tachedoutoffroad

Tachedoutoffroad Mr. Parrish

Oddometer:
    All my dirty bikes run about $12-14 a month. Old or new.
  3. jxg

jxg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i think there are a lot factors, you can't just say you got taken. your age, where you are located and driving record are huge factors. that said, mine is actually a little cheaper than stated above for a '10 TE250 :D
  4. Smithers

Smithers Arilia Rider

Oddometer:
    Hard to resist such a great all around package with a classy color scheme. Great looking bike. And of course it will do anything you want which is most important. Surprising how fast these bikes are when you are up to it. :wink:
  5. Buster714

Buster714 I'll ride anything

Oddometer:
    Small pack for 5 days! How'd she do?
  6. WVa Dualsport

WVa Dualsport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A buddy of mine picked up a 2010 TE 250 early this fall and has had nothing but problems keeping the bike running. Soon after acquiring the bike if began to occasionally fail to start. When you turned on the key switch sometimes the fuel pump would spin up, some times it would not. They bought a new Shorai battery and everything seemed fine....for a while. Sometimes it would start and run for a while, sputter and die, then refuse to start. Again sometimes the fuel pump would spin up, sometimes not.

They then decided the problem might be the temp sensor so they bought one and sure enough if fired right up and ran fine for about an hour. Then began to exhibit the same symptoms. Bought yet another temp sensor, this time it had no effect. They have pulled the fuel pump and tested it with a 12V source. It seems to work properly when energized. These symptoms occur on both the kicker and the magic button.

He was able (somehow) to drift start it the other day, and it ran just fine for about a mile before it once again sputtered to death and refused to restart.

I know next to nothing about modern FI X-Lite Huskys. Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,

Shawn
  7. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:

Some people have had trouble with the wiring harness on the 2010 X-lites chafing and causing this sort of trouble. There is an updated harness available from the dealer.

More info is available at Cafe Husky - LINK
  8. jxg

jxg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    let us know if this works, which harness you get, and how much it costs. my '10 TE250 has what i think is the same issue right now. 12V applied directly to the pump spins up, but not when key turns or kick starter engaged. just get FAIL on the display.
  9. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:
    I read the symptoms more carefully and this may not be electrical per-se. The fuel pump may be going bad and tricking you by spinning up when cooled down, but then seizing up as it warms up (and overheats).

You can test this by energizing the pump with +12V and running it for an extended period to see if it overheats and/or seizes. Be sure to do this with the pump immersed in fuel or you will most certainly burn up the pump :deal

If the pump passes the stress test then you are left chasing electrical gremlins: wiring harness, fuel pump relay, kill switch being your most likely causes.

Good luck!

EDIT - if you are getting FAIL on the dash (other poster), the dealer may be able to diagnose the problem with the iBeat software..
  10. jxg

jxg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah, i know, but my "dealer" is over 2 hours away, and basically useless. it is probably time for me to pony up and buy ibeat. i suspect a faulty relay though.
  11. Tachedoutoffroad

Oddometer:
    I had major issues with mine as well. Woulnt e-start and replaced the relay and it worked, then later the connector on the relay failed and it wounldt run at all, or just maybe kick and run for 5 seconds.

Ended up taking apart jsu about every connection on the bike, cleaning, recrimping them, scraping up the male and female ends, coating in the electrode grease, and it worked after that.

I wasn't impressed with the non-waterproofness/ non-dustproofness/ non-bumpproofness :cry

But, yes, the main starter relay and plug right next to the battery will fuk up your world if it's even slighty not right.
  12. WVa Dualsport

WVa Dualsport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input and advise. I have passed the info on, and will report back with the next round of tests/findings.

Shawn
  13. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because you have to ride in the upper rpm's all the time to have decent power what is the piston/ring replacement schedule on the 250?
  14. MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter Vis ad locum

Oddometer:
    Should be picking it up on Friday. Trading it for my Montesa Cota 315R. Had fun with trials but am looking forward to having a seat again! I hear these are great bikes and plan on doing some dual-sporting with some local buddies.
  15. Tachedoutoffroad

Oddometer:
    Get registered here.

http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php

There is a big group all around BHam that ride. :clap:clap
  16. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    installed the full titanium akropovic evo system yesterday.
    rode for five hours today in the woods.

good exhaust system. smoother power. saves 4-5 pounds from stock system.
    sounds amazing.

fits bike perfectly. no install issues.
  17. jxg

jxg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    is it quieter than stock?
  18. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    no, its deeper and a little louder.
    i can hear the expansion chamber thingy (pretty cool)
    sounds great.
    smooths out the power.
    bottom end is better in my opinion. smoother
    weight reduction is very noticeable
    very very good bike for tight and technical woods riding

2012 TE250

[​IMG]
  19. daleCarlsbad

daleCarlsbad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2012 TE-250

Light weight nice bike accept for that close ratio transmission......:cry and now...... KTM brings out the 350 dual-sport!!!

JD PowerSurge 6X
    FMF muffler
    Dunlop 606
    Neutech TUbliss
    Race Tech springs (front & rear)
    IMS gas tank
    Ballistic light weight battery
    Water temp guage
    Kouba lowering link
    Seat Concept low seat
    Graphics
    Pro Taper bars
    Blinkers, tail section mods
    Fork bleeders
    Black Mamba mirrors Street) Ken Sean (dirt)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. mattomoto

mattomoto 2 wheels rule

Oddometer:
    ^Nice looking TE there^ Graphics look great as does the FMF pipe.