Labrador via Route 389 from Baie Comeau

Discussion in 'Americas' started by canridertj, Oct 28, 2012.

1. canridertj

canridertj LUCKY CAT!

Oddometer:
    Hi All, :wave

I just joined and am in the planning stage of a solus ride from Baie Comeau Quebec to Labrador City then on wards to the east of Labrador...to the big rock itself...I would like to hear from ANYONE that has ridden the LTH on route 389 all the way to at least Red Bay..your views, experiences, recommendations, warnings, what definitely to bring and anything else that would help....I'm going alone and have two weeks to explorer Labrador and Newfoundland....any any good books or dvds I could have a look see before I head out..I'm planning for late June 2013..never to early to start planning..

Thanks

TJ
  2. WhicheverAnyWayCan

WhicheverAnyWayCan Deaf Biker

Oddometer:
    Hello Terryjj1,

Welcome to the forum and happy to have you, but you are in the wrong forum. This is Riding Report where you post about your actual trip. For the trip planning, go to Trip Planning forum here. Good luck on your planning and future ride!
  3. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    There's a ton of information already on this forum. Search the Trip Planning section, and also read ride reports people have posted about their trips. You can find mine through the link in my sig below.

--mark
  4. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    If time is a concern go the opposite way around.....that way the ferry won't dictate the speed of the trip....there are many places we would have stopped and smelled the roses but were always in fear of missing the ferry.....just saying.
  5. Balthazard

Balthazard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    If you do it Clock wise, Baie Comeau to Labrador, i would select a holiday or week end day has this section is the most dangerous portion. Big trucks are wide and dangerous, and the first section is tortuous with narrower rd and soft gravels.
    The portion from Labrador to Blanc Sablon is almost straight, wide, flat and easy to do.
    Week end of June 25th and July 1st are important holidays and should be ideal for 3 days ride usin friday as a holiday.
    Have a safe ride.