Universal Enduro Fairing

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by aiMhi, Feb 28, 2012.

1. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Hey SmoothRide looks like you put a lot of work into it and it looks good. The lens on the lights came out good. If you have too much gloss going on the red paint tag it with a clear matte paint. It will match your plastics 100% then. Just be sure to test compatibility between the paints.
    Thanks for posting up.

Later
    Bern
  2. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After i put some stickers on it. ad tree branch scratches it will match better.:D
  3. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    it must be just me .... i think its to tall for its width ...nice finish and workmanship ...its just weird looking .....just an opinion

Well done ..
  4. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Sean -O - Things look a little different from "down under" -LOL!

As stated it is made tall so you can cut it down for obvious reasons. With that all aside I have released Stealth II which is more compact in design.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to present the new STEALTH II Enduro Fairing

New Features:
    New design
    Overall shorter and more compact
    Slightly lighter - under 2LB
    Make the wind deflection lip at the top longer -if someone wants to trim it down they still have some material left for deflection
    Make a fairing that accomodate the new OEM lighting shapes (notice the V at the bottom of the lights below)
    OEM lighting is coming along + LED OEM bulb plug in replacements are now available - why go non-DOT and spend several 100's $
    Make the bottom section a bit narrower to accomodate more oversize tanks
    Provide a larger/ flatter, more flexible area (lower down) to accomodate the LARGE enduro lights and to easily surface mount non-OEM
    Attachment - flange bolts embedded in fiberglass
    Can provide "uncut" so you can customize the depth/cut of the fairing yourself

This should give you a good idea of the size and overall design that I feel will compliment the new angular/ triangle design that is found in most of the newer bikes - but also backwards compatible to bring that newer look to an older bike.

Unfortunatley I will not have it on a bike for several weeks....I broke my hand while out riding down 12800ft American Flag Mountain -F!
    Reaching the summit @3:40 was pretty cool http://youtu.be/DuiOeQ3-Iwg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is nice to stand up 80 90 mph and not get blown off the bike but that is just me.
  6. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    yea im hearing ya i use a rallyraid faring ...cheap and easy to fit
    i do like yours ..but it looks like a

thats just me .....i would like to see 1 with a more rounded shape if ya get my drift ...not the sharp lines

like a A/T or somthing ..twin headlight would be nice :evil

kenaroo had the idea .. but same i thought it was to sharp looking if ya get my drift

keep up the great work tho ...they look really well made and i can see you have put some time in it :freaky

have been watching your thread from the start :clap
  7. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Amen to that :clap

just came back from a night ride & the added height of the fairing & the Led''s put a smile on my face after every single ride :clap
  8. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Stealth II
    New and improved ....... finally now that my hand is out of the cast I can use it - dont crash and break your hand by the way it sucks - read $15K :clap

I have the mounting all figured out (completely universal approach) and should have it on my bike tonight or tomorrow night - I am excited!!!

I am just running the one Rigid in there and the other Rigid I am going to mount where no-one has mounted it before .....and its going to be sick :eek1

Keep in mind the design is more compact and made to accomodate OEM lights or just about anything else. Also the wind deflection lip at the top is much longer (4 1/2 ") now so you can cut it down if you care to. The "lighting area" is 7 1/4" narrow at the bottom and 8 1/2 " at the top. It sits much more flush to the forks but still enough room to easily attach and remove.

I should have some more pics tomorrow night :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. sgmartz

sgmartz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    has anyone put this on a KLR yet?

ill be honest, i havent read the whole thread yet...how is it riding on road with this? does it block visibility?
  10. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    This has not been installed on a KLR. The trick with getting the hight correct is that the top of the fairing needs to sit at a height just below your chin height when sitting upright on your bike. A common example would be if you look at other fairings such as on Harley's or other Vetter style fairings. The wind deflection lip on the top is 4.5 " long so it can be trimmed down easily to accommodate your specific chin height without losing function. It takes 10min with a jigsaw.

Dimensions are a couple posts back on some fotos.

Thanks for the question.
    Bern

11. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Here is the pics I promised of Stealth II

Sorry for the poor pictures - the snow is back!!! When things clear up I will take some more.

Fully mounted up with (1) 15W Rigid Driving light which is plenty light. The attachment is simple and universal by means of my fiberglass flange bolts that are rigid and cannot vibrate loose. The light I am using is of course just my preference and using my attachment methods you can pretty much mount any light. The lower part of the fairing was made to accomodate OEM lighting and blend into the V notch on the newest bikes. See a couple posts back for dimensions.

Keep in mind these come in brilliant white for those of you that are allergic to red - LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:
    I really like the new design. I would be interested in getting an uncut white one.

Do you have any pics of the mounting brackets? I already have a quick release type mount set up in mind for it.

:beer
  13. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    I will post up some pics tonight for you.
    Thanks
    B

14. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    As requested;

Here are some pics of the mounting brackets. There are so many ways to do this and it is simple. In this case I actually drilled (2) holes into my billet handlebar risers for the top bike connection and it works really well since the brackets that hold the fairing does not interfere with any wiring or brake lines (althought you can do the rally routing). It's simple, rigid and cheap to make. I dont make the brackets, you would have to but I can provide you a template. It's easy... and the reason why I cannot make it is because each bike has different geometly depending on the light, handlebar hight, fairing mounting height. For total custom connections I can provide the flange bolts and instructions to fiberglass it anywhere - which is cake BTW.

If interest is high for specific model bikes I would consider having the brackets manufactured. If you are in the Denver area (im in Larkspur) you are always welcome to stop by and moc a fairing up or just see if it would fit your bike. There is no cost for this since I enjoy doing this.

Bottom connection - in this case a simple plate mounted to the OEM fairing connections. It accepts a simple 2" x 2" L bracket that connects to the bottom fairing flange bolt.

[​IMG]
    Top view of bottom bracket
    [​IMG]

This is (1) of two side brackets that support the top of the fairing via a A bracket. Just a hole drilled into the billet aluminium riser on both sides - hold solid. In the unfortunate event of a head-on collision the alumimium would bend before the bolt breaks. There are (2) of these side brackets for the top of the fairing with a crossbar in the middle - kinda like an A.

[​IMG]

Here is a frontal picture of the top A bracket - its not my best work and yeah I need to organize my wiring badly!!
    You get the idea. To get the fairing off = 3 bolts.

[​IMG]

This shows the top and bottom flange bolts. The production fairing will have the bolts embedded into the fairing during manufacting however mine have always been surface fiberglassed and never had any issues even after multiple crashes.

[​IMG]

Here you can see the bottom L bracet that connets to the "receiver" mounted on the bike. BTW you can also get flush mount Rigid lights that would attach from the outside into the fairing. This is the one I want for my bike 2600 certified Lumens. Keep in mind the fairing was designed to go "over" any OEM lights, all you have to do it cut the hole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    One more fairing ready to go. This customer ordered the Polycarbonate Rigid Industries Lens to go with his light which is nice because it provides protection and pops off for easy cleanup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My fairing with crazy paintjob

[​IMG]
  16. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Bump

We exchanged email today as well thank!:D
  17. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Hey Cory thanks for the questions - I hope I covered them all. Basically my recommendation is the D2 - compact, light and 2600 certified lumens.

Here is that cool video again:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EXMzkh-NzJk" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  18. 32x20

32x20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the crazy painted fairing going on the 650?

Up for some riding now that the hand has healed? ; ) I've been forced out of the mountains due to the weather lately and have been exploring the Rampart Range trails lately...pretty nice this time of year (no crowds), and probably close to you. Still running on the 15w50 from you and shifting well.
  19. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    The red warpaint fairing is for my 650R and the other is for the DRZ. You are welcome to swing by some time if you want to see what one would look like on your DRZ400. I am close to Rampart and I can give you a cool back way to get to Rampart from my place or grab some hot chocolate before slabbing back home.

Dude the fingers work except for my thumb (torn ligament) is what I am working on right now to rehabilitate and thats what you really need when riding a bike. I also need to fix my bent rear subframe and just have not had time to do that. I am thinking im pretty mutch done for the year but who knows in what shape ill be in a month !!!

Later,
    B

20. atravlr

atravlr www.atasecuretravel.com

Oddometer:
    I had a little trouble setting mine up because I run the Flexx bars on top of my RTT stabiliser and I had to modify a few brackets. I moved the battery to under the seat for peace of mind, However everything works fine and getting ready to ride as soon as it warms up. Thanks again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MG]http://i48.tinypic.com/jfj48y.jpg[/IMG[​IMG]