Mega Cool New Product-Antigravity Batteries

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Antigravity, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Little, I can only assume you ordered the XP-3? That unit does not come with a case.... The XP-1 is the unit with the case. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. But in our pictures on the site we though we depict that and show the XP-! as having the case... if you want we can ship you one, but so everyone knows the XP3 does not come with a case... but the XP1 does....

In 2 month the XP3 will have a case... we are doing tooling for it.

Scott-
  2. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Case-Schmase... we want the HD SAE connectors.
  3. macrocephalic

macrocephalic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a bmw g650x and they've had lots of starting problems. At one point in the UK there was a recall to replace the exide battery with a yuasa battery because the yuasa has slightly higher CCA. Yeah good work BMW, that's a permanent fix!:pissed
  4. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    Travel toad doesn't speak for me, I will wait for the new case to be built. send me an email when you start selling them. thanks cpolesen@gmail.com
  5. Plasterman

Plasterman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where does one find the coupon code?
  6. Hessian42

Hessian42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome idea/product!

one quick question which after going through the whole thread i didn't see anyone ask. How many times can either units be charged and discharged? in other words what is the lifespan of the units before the batteries won't hold a 100% charge anymore?

Thanks!
  7. danman

danman Tumbling Dice

Oddometer:
    Just back from the Harvest Classic Motorcycle show in Luckenbach, Texas. Was a great event and near perfect weather. Received my Micro Start XP3 the day before and plugged it in to be sure I had a full charge for the trip. Met the boys at Luckenbach and showed them the XP3 around the campfire and caught a lot of good natured ribbing about what a waste of money it was and it would never work, etc. Little cold front came through Saturday night, the temperature was 41 Degrees on Sunday Morning. The cold claimed three of the batteries and the bikes wouldn't start, 2 BMW'S and 1 Guzzi, all big 1000cc bikes. So out comes the XP3, hooked it up and immediately started all three bikes on the first try. Needless to say no one gave me any more grief about it, and lots of guys took photos of the unit and asked a lot of questions. Took it home and charged my iPad and iphone off it, and it still showed a little charge left.

A suggestion for the developers. The clamps that attach to the battery are a little big for motorcycle use, hard to get into the small, cramped places in motorcycles. We barely had enough room to make them work. I would like to see a more 'needle nose' type of clamp, I will be modifying the clamps to make them more motorcycle friendly. The cables could also be an inch or two longer. Would love to see a BMW accessory plug tip for the XP3, that would plug into the accessory outlet and would make it possible to jump a BMW without needing to access the battery directly.

Overall a great product, performed as advertised, the XP3 will be a permanent part of my travel kit.
  8. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    just received mine. could have used it saturday morning when i needed to jump the SE. got cold friday evening and the SE battery is old and weak (it's probably time for a new one).

currently charging my nexus tablet with it. the entire kit is a little bigger than i expected but it isn't overly huge.

if we are going to use it for adventure travels (i certainly will) how should we go about water proofing the unit? keep it in a ziploc bag within it's case? obviously will avoid full immersion into water but you know ... stuff happens (no, that is not me!)!
    [​IMG]
  9. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    HI All,

I'm sorry I didn't even know more people were posting questions...usually I'm notified via email. Anyway let me post up some answers...

The rated cycles for this type of lithium polymer is 1000 cycles, but a cycle is full discharge and full recharge, not just running it down a bar or two and recharging. If you keep ANY battery higher in the SOC (state of charge) more often you get longer life. Rated at 1000 cycles we expect a life of roughly 3-4 years using it every couple days or so to do some basic charging. If you only use it once in a while I assume 5 years or more...

It's "adventure" it won't ever change.

The XP3 will have it's own case in about a month... but if you want one from the Xp1 we can get you one for the cost of shipping. I have about 5. It is a little bigger than the new one but you can put other stuff in it if you choose.

I get the samples Wed or Thurs.... I can get you one of those and the Harness on Friday if you want.. The production run will take another couple weeks... I usually get 6 pieces of the samples.
  10. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    I would suggest a double zip lock baggie. We looked at waterproofing it but there are too many ports and the tooling for a waterproof case is MAJOR.

But.....:clap..... it just so happens that we are introducing our latest product...

It is the worlds smallest most powerful battery and no one in the industry has anything to compare to it. It is called the XPS "EXTREME POWER SERIES" line of batteries (2 models) ... So we taken our smallest battery case and filled it with pure, unadulterated awesomesness of power! We call it the SC-1 and it is 4" inches long x 1.25" inches thick x 3.25" inches tall...

It looks like our original 4-Cell but it can actually start V8-trucks and also does 1200cc Twins very easily... and its WATERPROOF (or more correctly said water tight) So you can submerge it with no ill effect. It can also hold a charge for close to a year.

It is NOT meant to be a replacement battery for an adventrure bike... the capacity is too small... what it IS meant to be is a redundant safety battery. Meaning you stick it on the bike somewhere or in your pannier (not connected) and have a back up available to flip your bike no matter where you are. At 13 oz and being so small there is NO reason why anyone should not carry this in there truck, car, bike or whatever. The cool thing is that it is lifepo4 so you can leave it connected as the emergency battery if you ever to have to get back to civilization. We will have a kit for it soon that allows you to just plug it in to a Micro-Start Harness to do the jump starting if needed.

So you understand the SC-1 is LIFEPO4 based which is safe to leave attached to your bike or car if you have to use it as a regular battery.... the Micro-Start is Lithium Polymer and CANNOT and SHOULD NEVER be left attached to your vehicle after it jump starts it.

YOu can get info here, http://antigravitybatteries.com/extreme%20power%20series/ (webpage not completely active yet... can't order yet)

Check the video below...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dKRW78g3Wo0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    This is exactly what I have been waiting for. :clap With the new FI bikes requiring a battery, any failure means doom if you are in a remote location. The ability to start and run off this new battery is genius! I can't wait for the Micro-Start Harness too.
  12. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    I bought one and thought it so cool I ordered another one to donate at a charity fundraiser.

But the case blows. When you open it the zippers get jammed to the stops. The adapters for laptops don't fit the elastics and fall out. I think I'm just going to buy a plastic bin and put all the loose piece adapters in a ziplock.
  13. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Let me know...

Ultimately, I will need (want) two SAE connectors.

Happy to try one of the test runs or wait for final production, whatever is easier.

A
  14. mefly2

mefly2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will the SC-1 also be offered in a "kit" configuration for emergency use?
  15. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems like a very cool product.
  16. mefly2

mefly2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same for me ...
  17. Dominic49

Dominic49 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    can the AG401 be hooked to a battery tender for storage?
  18. garandman

Oddometer:
    Please comment.

19. garandman

Oddometer:
    Bump.
  20. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    As soon as the HD SAE connectors are available will be getting a Micro-start. Keep us posted!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4