Canadian on Day Ride in Brazil = Videos

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by RealtorGordonB, Jan 15, 2012.

1. RealtorGordonB

RealtorGordonB Plated Dirt Bike :)

Oddometer:
    I don't have a camera with me- this will a bunch of short video clips and a couple links to the companies website where I rented and probably a youtube video of this companies longer tours. They custom make tours of any length and the video shows either a 8 or 10 day beach and interior tour of Brazil. I don't have any connection to the company and I am only promoting them from the perspective as a satisfied customer and I'd love to see the company successful so they'll be around to rent to me again.

I'm escaping some of winter again- this is my 5th time here in Brazil. As I'm driving down the main road I notice a new dirt bike rental business since the last time I was here in Natal, RN.

The owner is Thiago Fantozzi, speaks english well and a real nice friendly and helpful guy.- actually all his team are nice and helpful= good people. Thiago finished numerous times in the top 3 of the famous Brazil "Rally Dos Sertoes" (not Dakar) and he won the race in 2001. He also crashed out of it a couple years back doing 160km/hr and hit a hole flipping the bike and breaking a leg and an arm= so he has some stories too. Thiago's picture from a story of his winning year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My videos are uploading and taking a long time- I'll get them up when they are available.

It's summer here- the weather is great everyday, probably 25 Celsius at sunrise and runnning up into the mid 30's in the afternoon- perfect weather for windy oceanside living. If you liked flying kites, you could do it everyday here. I headed by car to the bike rental company for 8am to get set up.

http://www.frmototurismo.com.br/

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uLLP1zBI7eY" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

2. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:

EVERYONE OF THESE ARE VIDEO LINKS - THE FIRST GROUP IS JUST DRIVING TO THE RENTAL SHOP TO GIVE YOU A FEEL FOR THE AREA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    AT THE BIKE SHOP VIDEO LINKS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They have decent rental gear including MX boots etc- cost for my bike, gear rental and a tour guide was $200 reais- I suppose the rides are in the 3 hour range- but today was a bit special as TV came out to film a spot on Thiago and his company, so 3 people on the Side by side including cameraman and 4 bikes demonstrating some riding- that was fun.
  4. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    This next video was me trying to figure out my guides name in my mixed up - am I speaking spanish or Portuguese. I snaged some barb wire that wrapped around the hub and propelled a 2.5 inch and 3 foot long fence post into the back of my leg- glad I had the MX boots on, I'm still limping 4 days later. The guide used wire cutters to free the bike and the tire ended up having a slow leak- I assume from the barbs? I ended up riding the guides bike CRF450 as he gave it up to me as soon as the tire started losing air.

[​IMG]
  5. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    The ride consisted of alot of dunes, sand and more sand, wet sand around the lagoons and pack dirt/sand trails and loose dunes and some fun back roads and a bit of cobblestone in some small communities we rode through.

The guide was checking his phone so I rode off to explore and found a long steep sand cow trail along side a fence. I made it on first shot- wasn't easy and the bike was wound out in 2nd and then first to make it. This was the only climb or place the guide didn't make it.

I dumped the bike numerous times in the sand making turns on the side of the dunes- I'm used to riding a bike with alot more power when on sand and when I punch my 525 it kicks me around the turn, the little Honda 230 just kinda front end dove and I'd tip over .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Then I went for lunch- there were little inch long fish in the water eating the scraps from the tables.

[​IMG]
  7. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

some people from the restaurant that were eating near me made a sand lady

[​IMG]

then I went for a walk on the beach to the ship wreck

[​IMG]
  8. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    looks like I ride this week with FR once again
  9. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    gearing up to go riding today- heading out to a place called Pipa- a trendy hippy kind of beach town- we´ll be travelling inland and \i´ll et as many videos and pics as possible
  10. RealtorGordonB

Oddometer:
    Tiaggo on the left and me in the middle

[​IMG]

This was a cool place to stop overlooking the ocean and the tandem parasails flying around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was quite warm and humid and I couldn't ride up this one dune trail, so Tiago nad his buddy helped me rode up for me. We had to push/pull the bike part of the way up- I was sure tired right there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]