OBR ADV Gear Rackless Enduro Bags

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by obrianmcc, Apr 15, 2014.

1. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear, based out of Meridian Idaho, is a small start up offering "Rack less" Enduro Touring Soft Bags. Each of our products have been a design of our own necessity as we tour our Idaho back country roads and trails.

OBR ADV Gear products are in a final sampling stage with our first production batch scheduled for late April (Projected product availability 6/1) Current product offerings will include a 38l Adventure Saddlebag, a 10l Enduro Saddlebag, a Spare Tube Fender Pack, and a Utility Tool Pouch. Additional product offerings will be forthcoming once we get our feet under us.

For more information check out our website www.obradvgear.com, give us a "like" on Facebook @ OBR ADV Gear, and/or shoot us an email to obradvgear@gmail.com (Please title your email "Product Info request")
  2. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing your rackless bag solution(s).
    Sub'd
  3. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should probably post more info and pics here if you want to generate good interest.
  4. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely.... more info and pics to come!
  5. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello ADVrider's ....

I have been updating my OBR ADV Gear Facebook page and will start bringing over some of that product/status information into this thread ... but before I start to spin off into all the marketing blah, blah, blah :D... I feel that I need to explain a little on how this adventure got started.

My name is Mike, I've lived and worked here in Boise/Meridian ID for about the last 22 yrs for a local inflatable watercraft company. My time spent over the yrs in manufacturing and now within our new product development team has given me valuable exposure to both industrial textiles (woven and coated) and the many different aspects of fabrication from CAD Design, Cutting, Sewing, Radio Frequency Welding, Hot Air Thermal Welding, and down to Final Assembly Procedures including QC.

Now combine my background with my passion for Enduro/Dual Sport Motorcycling and we're guaranteed to find all kinds of one up custom fabricated soft accessories that have addressed my many certain needs on the bike.

So, this winter, while I was fabricating yet another set of saddlebags for myself for the upcoming season, I had this thought that there might well be others who would also appreciate some of my designs. They aren't earth shattering, I mean a soft bag is a soft bag and the wheel has been invented, but they are designed simple to provide function, keeping value and manufacturing costs in mind, and to ensure versatility and reliability in materials selection and construction. Best of all they are designed and manufactured right here in ole' Idaho USA!

Needing to keep this side venture separate from my daytime responsibilities, I purchased a sewing machine, the attachments, and raw inventory to continue on the necessary refinement process ... and a process it is! (which I was or am well prepared for given my product background and also knowing that the refinement process really never ends!) This preluded to long evenings and weekends of sewing, patterning, re-patterning, and re-sewing!

Once I felt that I had a solid foundation for what I was trying to achieve as an initial product offering, I had to make a decision ... do I (A) manufacture the bags myself in my free time, or do I (B) solicit the services of an industry partner who directly specializes in the manufacturing of sewn soft goods .... freeing up my time for additional prototyping and more importantly for riding? The answer was simple ...(B)

I approached this contactor a few months back with my thoughts, designs, and prototypes. After many design/concept revisions, material spec considerations, and finally samples ... here we are today!

Pics to follow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag

Whether it&#8217;s a quick overnighter or a multi-day adventure &#8230; the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag will get you to where you&#8217;re going and back with all of your gear. Large capacity along with robust construction makes the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag the bag of choice for the hardiest of adventurers.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Features<o:p></o:p>
    · Spacious capacity at approx 2300in<SUP>3 </SUP>(38L)<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy Duty Ballistic Nylon construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing<o:p></o:p>
    · Padded front/back panel provides additional bag structure and protection<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy duty #10 coil zipper with storm flap<o:p></o:p>
    · One size fits all design with adjustable bridge straps<o:p></o:p>
    · Reflective webbing for increased low light visibility <o:p></o:p>
    · Includes 1 ea rear anchor strap to work with a rear cargo rack and 1 ea gutter hook anchor strap to work with bikes without a rear rack<o:p></o:p>
    · Load centralizing design keeps load mass in tight to the bike and forward for better handling <o:p></o:p>
    · Quick On/Off<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Item # - OBR3001<o:p></o:p>
    $ 149.99 (S/H $16.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales) <o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag

Quick day trips often necessitate the need for additional gear storage &#8230; the OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag answers this need with a creative downscaled design of the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag. Our OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag maintains the same fit and function as the larger adventure saddlebag, but with a reduced capacity. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    · 600in<SUP>3 </SUP>(10L) Capacity<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy Duty Ballistic Nylon construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing<o:p></o:p>
    · Padded front/back panel provides additional bag structure and protection<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy duty #10 coil zipper with storm flap<o:p></o:p>
    · One size fits all design with adjustable bridge straps<o:p></o:p>
    · Quick On/Off<o:p></o:p>
    · Reflective side webbing for increased low light visibility<o:p></o:p>
    · Includes 1 ea rear anchor strap to work with a rear cargo rack and 1 ea gutter hook anchor strap to work with bikes without a rear rack<o:p></o:p>
    · Load centralizing design keeps load mass in tight to the bike and forward for better handling <o:p></o:p>
    Item # - OBR2001<o:p></o:p>
    $ 99.99 (S/H $12.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales) <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why Buy OBR-<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    OBR ADV Gear products are designed by riders for riders. We are committed to providing quality products that exude function, reliability, versatility, and affordability. All OBR ADV Products are manufactured in the USA. <o:p></o:p>
    By not importing our product we are able to support US business, maintain tight control over product QC, work hands on with our manufacturer, and launch new product ideas into our market faster and more efficiently.<o:p></o:p>
    We are excited to be part of the growing Adventure/Enduro Touring market and we hope that OBR ADV Gear will be your choice of soft gear for your next adventure. <o:p></o:p>
  9. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our Guarantee-

We at OBR ADV Gear are not 100% satisfied unless you are 100% satisfied. If for any reason upon receipt of your OBR ADV Gear product you’re not fully satisfied, OBR ADV Gear will offer a full refund upon the return of the item in a new unused condition (Shipping excluded). If we are at fault and the reason for the return, we will be glad to cover the shipping.

OBR ADV Gear offers ...a 3yr (from the date of purchase) Materials and Workmanship Warranty. This warranty will cover all materials, seams, zippers, straps, and original hardware from any defects caused by the manufacture of the product.

Warranty Exclusions – Normal Wear and Tear, Excessive UV Damage causing fading and/or deterioration, abnormal use and/or neglect, damage caused by the packing of non-ordinary items, any alterations.

Proof of purchase will be required to facilitate a warranty repair/replacement. Your original invoice is your proof of purchase and should be retained in case of a warranty request.

To facilitate a warranty request please email OBR ADV Gear @ obradvgear@gmail.com including “warranty” to your subject line. Include a short description of the problem, any pictures (if available), and your personal information. OBR ADV Gear will respond ASAP with instructions.
  10. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag
    Secure storage of a spare tube and tire irons is a must for any adventure. The OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag is constructed from a heavy duty PVC/Polyester fabric that secures tightly to any fender via standard heavy duty gutter hooks and also utilizes a unique double button snap system that eliminates any potential shifting of the fender bag over rough terrain.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Features <o:p></o:p>
    · Rugged PVC coated polyester construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy duty #10 coil zipper <o:p></o:p>
    · Secure attachment with heavy duty gutter hooks and unique button snap retainment system<o:p></o:p>
    Item # - OBR0001<o:p></o:p>
    $ 24.99 (S/H $6.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales)
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
  11. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear Tool Pouch
    It seems that while packing for every adventure … we always end up with a few items that were either neglected to be packed, were last minute gear additions, or just needed to be packed in a readily accessible location…. The OBR ADV Gear Tool Pouch is the perfect solution for these items. Once packed the tool pouch can be slipped into any bag or attached externally using integrated webbing loops that are built into the pouch. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    · Rugged PVC coated polyester construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy duty #10 coil zipper<o:p></o:p>
    · External d-rings and webbing loops which can be used as an external attachment to any load<o:p></o:p>
    Item # - OBR1001 <o:p></o:p>
    $ 14.99 (S/H $6.00 shipping) (6% Sales Tax for ID sales) <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
  12. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enjoying some Spring in the Eastern OR Dez .....

[​IMG]

Happy Friday from OBR ADV Gear
  13. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    ..... prototype testing .... brutal job, but somebody has to do it!

[​IMG]
  14. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    OBR ADV Gear Tool Roll

In order to be prepared for all possible mechanical mishaps along the trail or on any adventure, we are required to carry a certain selection of tools. The OBR ADV Gear Tool Wrap will help keep those tools together and in an organized fashion easy to be found should one of those mechanical mishaps occur.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    · PVC coated polyester construction<o:p></o:p>
    · Heavy duty #10 coil zipper<o:p></o:p>
    · Individual Tool Slots for Tire Irons, Wrenches, Screw Drivers … along with a zippered pouch for those smaller items<o:p></o:p>
    Item # - OBR4001 <o:p></o:p>
    $ 14.99 (S/H $6.00 shipping) (6% Sales Tax for ID sales)
  15. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another Happy Friday from OBR ADV Gear!

[​IMG]
  16. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    ATTN Adventure/Enduro Riders ... completing a review of our costing sheets has us adjusting our pricing of the Enduro and Adventure Saddlebags .... in your favor! :clap Take a look!

Enduro Saddlebag - $99.00 +Shipping
    Adventure Saddlebag - $149.99 +Shipping

We're still on schedule to have product in hand between early to mid June ....
  17. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crash Replacement- <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    We understand that all adventures can also be subject to mishap. With that we at OBR ADV Gear offer a crash replacement option for all products sold by OBR ADV Gear. Our modular system allows us to repair/replace individual components as needed. Should one of these mishaps occur, contact obradvgear@gmail.com including “crash replacement” in the subject line. Include in your email a full description of the damage that occurred along with pictures, and your personal information. OBR ADV Gear will respond with a quote for the replacement. A payment invoice will be sent upon confirmation/acceptance of the quote. Replacement piece will be shipped upon payment confirmation and return of the damaged item. <o:p></o:p>
    (Return of damaged component is required to qualify for crash replacement and before shipment of replacement component)<o:p></o:p>
  18. ! Danimal !

! Danimal ! --Dan--

Oddometer:
    #1 Where/how do we buy these?
    #2 any chance you know what size MSR fuel bottles would fit in the enduro model? (FE570 is a gas hog)
    #3 Strong work, they look awesome!
  19. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Danimal &#8230;

1- Purchasing will be direct utilizing Paypal as primary means for payment. Specific "How to buy" information will be posted soon. Our first production run is on the schedule to be completed between 6/1 - 6/15.

2- I can fit either two 24oz or one 32oz bottles into one side of the Enduro Saddlebag with room to spare.

3- Thank You

We do not yet have a website up and running (in the works), but we do have a Facebook page that has additional information posted.

https://www.facebook.com/OBRADVGear

You can also shoot over an email to obradvgear@gmail.com titled "Info Request" and we'll forward our Product Info pdf.

Thx
  20. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    FAQ’s-<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    How do I contact OBR ADV Gear?<o:p></o:p>
    Our primary means of contact is currently through our email account, obradvgear@gmail.com. OBR ADV Gear is currently operated as a side business which means that unfortunately we are not available during normal daytime business hours to take phone calls, however we are checking the OBR ADV Gear email throughout the day. <o:p></o:p>
    You state that Heavy Duty Ballistic Nylon is spec’d as your main saddlebag material…. What is Ballistic Nylon?<o:p></o:p>
    Ballistic nylon is a thick synthetic nylon fabric used for a variety of applications. Ballistic nylon was originally developed by the DuPont Corporation as a use for military flak jackets. Ballistic nylon offers high tear and abrasion, which makes it well suited for outdoor gear bags and protective clothing. <o:p></o:p>
    Why do you use snaps vs Velcro as your secondary attachment on your fender bags?<o:p></o:p>
    Velcro of good quality, when new, does provide exceptional sheer resistance, but over time will start to become contaminated with dirt and debris reducing its ability to hold. The Velcro would also need to be held to the front fender with a type of adhesive which over time can work loose and separate from the fender or leave behind glue residue when attempting to remove. <o:p></o:p>
    Our experience with the snaps is that they are easy to install and have proven to be a solid secondary attachment for securing the fender bag. <o:p></o:p>
    Are the OBR ADV Gear bags waterproof? <o:p></o:p>
    OBR ADV Gear bags are fully sewn, which is difficult to make completely waterproof without expensive seam sealing equipment. The materials used have a light polyurethane coating on one side making the material itself waterproof. An extra wide storm cover has also been designed over the zipper to help prevent water intrusion through the zipper coils. Most pack using small dry bags to ensure full protection from the elements. <o:p></o:p>
    Tip – We have found the large sealed bags by Hefty and/or Ziploc to be a cheap alternative to dry bags. They are inexpensive, work well, last multiple trips, and have a flat profile which helps with load arrangement. <o:p></o:p>
    What bikes will the OBR ADV Gear bags fit?<o:p></o:p>
    OBR ADV Gear bags were designed to be as universal as possible. It was our goal to not have any bike specific inventory. Our bags will fit almost all Enduro class motorcycles and smaller Adventure Dual Sport motorcycles. Fitment to some of the larger Adventure class motorcycles will depend on the bike as the sub frames on most Adventure bikes are configured a bit differently. The design concept of our bags is that they do not require any type of rack supportive system to work, but utilizing the bikes side panels as the supportive surface required. <o:p></o:p>
    Will the OBR ADV Gear bags scuff my bikes side panels-<o:p></o:p>
    Since the OBR ADV Gear bag designs are frameless, there is contact to the side panels from the bags. Dust can collect behind the bags sometimes slightly discoloring the side panels, but we have found that the Mr. Clean-Clean Erase Pads work really well when washing the bike to remove any discoloration that might have occurred. <o:p></o:p>