The MZ Baghira Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by TellicoADVTrail, Feb 2, 2007.

1. TellicoADVTrail

TellicoADVTrail If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, since everybody else has their own thread, I figured I start one for the oft-overlooked and unloved MZ Baghira, or any other MZ owner that wants to check in. :cry Of course the http://www.mzriders.com/mz/ forums are a great place for MZ information. But this is a better spot for people that ride and adventure on the Baggi.

Had mine for about a year now (a 2003 Baghira Street Moto) and have to say it's the funnest bike I think I've owned. After coming off 11 years of Ducatis, then a Z1000, this thing has a grin factor not equaled by any of those bikes. Has given me the freedom to pretty much ride anywhere I've wanted to go, yet still just RIPS through the moutains when I want to do that too.:super

Haven't done too much yet, but first thing to be done was the Rich's Custom seat, turning the Baggi into a all day machine. Have a D&D slip on, a Hepco&Becker rear rack, Wolfman enduro tank bag, Pro Taper Contour (CR high) handlebars and mount kit, RAM GPS mount, CRG mirrors, and ProGrip grips. Other than that, just tires and brake pads and let's go riding.

Some ADV threads with Baghira:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198956&highlight=Baghira

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201085&highlight=Baghira

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189764&highlight=Baghira

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183753&highlight=Baghira

Attached Files:

2. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Baghira too, just picked it up a couple weeks ago. I will post pics when I get a chance.
  3. RR-

RR- =====

Oddometer:
    Mine is an '02. My favorite bike so far. Ride it almost every day on freeway, tight canyons and dirt roads. It tickles me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. iceman

iceman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also am the proud owner shortly<hopefully next week i will pick it up>of the bike that was in the for sale section.It is the version thats set up like enduro and i want the SM look with different wheels like the one pictured above.I ride liter bikes now 1000cc sport/tour so this should be different!!
    I can't wait to go pick it up here is the picture the owner Kerry has posted.
    I will post some when i get it home next week or the week after.It's like new with 1,500 miles.My garage is getting full as this is my 4th bike!!

[​IMG]
  5. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Iceman, did you just pick up the copper colored one? Man, I wish I could have jumped all over that one, would be fun to have the SM and E versions. I'm working on a new look for my Baggi right now, will post a pic in a few days.

Going to find some SM model wheels or purchase some aftermarket ones?
  6. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
  7. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Iceman: That's a good looking bike. Bring it down to the 1 State dualsport in western MA on May 20th. See the regional thread if you don't know the particulars. I'd love to see that one in person.
  8. comes naturally

comes naturally renewed hope

Oddometer:
    I seriously considered buying that bike! :thumb I got scared off because I couldn't figure out where to get parts.
  9. 69husky400

69husky400 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh no, you can get parts on ebay, even if they are from Europe. I myself wish I had a little less debt because there is a YUMMY MZ 125 SM for sale locally!
  10. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    don't even need to rely on Ebay, which isn't that good a place anyway. There is good cross-reference info on MZriders.com. But the motor and carb are Yamaha and most service parts can be had at Yamaha dealer, much of it is same at the old XT600 too, Yamaha has kept same oil filter for about 25 yrs now..

Plus there are several US dealers that still stock service parts. SF Moto (in San Fran) still stocks a ton of parts. I ordered fork bushings from them when Race Tech couldn't deliver the correct parts (same Marzocchi 45mm forks as found on a ton of bikes, like KTMs, Husqvarna, etc). They can order parts from Germany too. So no biggie, for the things you will need to change in several years of ownership like oil/filters, spark plugs, sprockets, chain, tires, maybe a bearing or seal, those things are easy to come by.
  11. 69husky400

69husky400 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

The bike is not my listing (if it was, I would not be selling it). If it was in Seattle, I would be buying it. But it is in Michigan and the guy won't ship. It is at $1100 with no bids and I believe no reserve. Just thought I would let people know, in case someone near there is looking for one. I don't think I can post a link in here, but if you go to ebay you can find the bike there. Oh, almost forgot: it is a rolling chassis only, needs an engine. But if you have an engine sitting around, or a wrecked bike, it is pretty sweet!

Have a good day :D
  12. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Decided to go with a new theme, went the bedliner route..

Attached Files:

13. iceman

iceman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi,thanks i sent him a msg.when i saw that post.He gave me some great info.but i think he likes going back and forth with the wheels.He told me you can get them direct from MZ in Germany.
    I'm going to NY to pick up the bike on Tuesday the first.Thanks to craigslist rides section.<i love the net> Then a six hour road trip back home.:D
  14. iceman

iceman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sounds good! Thanks for the headsup.I grew up in mass for 35 yrs.on the south shore in the town of Weymouth.
  15. RR-

RR- =====

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVXLBytj278"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVXLBytj278" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  16. Tangle'tard

Tangle'tard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :ddog (Waiting for my Baggi to be delivered)
  17. honcho

honcho Barley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    nice video dude.
  18. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Boohoo! Man are you grumpy or what? :rofl

Cool video BTW, thanks for posting.
  19. mitchxout

mitchxout Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for great video. Mine's an 01.

Attached Files:

• mz.jpg
      mz.jpg
      File size:
      50 KB
      Views:
  20. Tangle'tard

Tangle'tard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your damm right I am grumpy....my damm motorcycle is in your damm garage!!:dog

Hey Mitchxout, very nice ride.