LARR Version 2014

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by bananaman, Feb 25, 2014.

1. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Hey you okie, how about a link to google earth so we can see what kind of 3rd world place we will be camping at.
  2. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    A the little cabin on the river, the turn is right at Lakeside Lane aka N4400Rd and the first unmarked intersection down the gravel lane to the East. I will work on getting a better map, but if you make it to there you will have no problem finding us:deal One of the previous years burn parties at the Quonset Hut with some pictures of the site.

There is also a nice little resort close by at Lake Hudson Inn(could only find a crappy facebook link) just down the road with a few rooms and a place where brunch should be taken at least one morning. But there is plenty of camping space and bonfire room and good deck space and hot tub at the cabin site. I'll work on a little motorbike course on site through the woods.

Post up some more details later but it's pretty much like years before just show up and have fun:freaky
  3. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    When, again?
  4. luciosiq

luciosiq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When and Where, please ?
    First week September ?

Trying to convince Mrs luciosiq to catch a plane both of us and meet you FFs at LARR

5. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    from 06/09/14
    Rally site within a hundred yards or here closer to the water.

that makes it Sept 12-14 +/- a few days if you want to come early or stay late. For Vince and any other FFs that should be flying in, I'm sure I can pick up whoever at any of the somewhat nearby airports TUL, XNA, or OKC are possible with a little notice:deal
  6. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    You would get the much coveted award for "Longest Traveled for the Greatest Latin America Rally" Be a pleasure to see you again:freaky I'm sure I could come up with a klr or something for you to ride if you can make it. Just get the PM sent soon the list of donor bikes for the fly-ins is going fast:deal
  7. luciosiq

Oddometer:
    Geeee.
    Another good reason for a trip to the US.

Since it's father's day today here in Brazil, I will ask her for my present to be delivered in September - Return Ticket to the US.

I have a sister living in College Station TX, so I will see if they can arrange a bike for us to ride the 450 miles or so to LARR.
    Or, maybe the donated bike might be a great option too.
    Thanks a lot.
    Things are looking pretty good.....:clap:freaky

8. colomtnbiker

Oddometer:
    If I get the goldwing running again, I could tow my klr to OK.
  9. colomtnbiker

Oddometer:
    Lucio, please come to the larr and do the parrilla. Don't let bman serve us raw meat again. We know his lips are flapping so much when he is cooking, he forgets his chores.
  10. colomtnbiker

Oddometer:
    Hey tmiester, what kind of weather can we expect the middle of Sept. in your neck of the woods. Is there tree cover like we had at the ranch in Colo. or are you wide open? How about cost. Portapotties, food, beer, etc.
  11. luciosiq

Oddometer:
    I'm the one who doesn't know how to cook meat correctly.
    But I have been attending lessons down here.
    I might even try something at LARR - cooked this time.

12. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    You know,that might work one time.But it might be the end of all my adventure riding.As much as I'd like to be THERE,I like the idea of being able to come back to my house.
  13. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    This Summer has been one of the mildest I can remember in a long time, should be comfortable tent camping temperatures by that time, one of the reasons I wanted to host a little later than usual. Right next to the lake to go swimming if it is too hot and hot tub onsite for a good soak if needed.

Plenty of trees on site and should have plenty of good tent sites. Already have a big pile of brush gather up for a fire

The little Quonset Hut equipped without a hand dug whale has a shitter and shower so unless everybody is having a hell of a bad weekend and ready to bust out like no other or we have a whole lot more people than normal we should be fine without a portajon, but if it looks like a bunch more than usual are going to show up then we can get one or two and split the costs.

For dinners I should be able to feed the majority, I've got a freezer full of ground beef and the garden was productive this summer with loads of corn, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and I've even got some fish frozen from a spring fishing trip that can be had. Breakfast for the two weekend days can be had at a very nice all you can eat brunch at the aforementioned Lake Hudson Inn just down the road. Got an outdoor propane grill and a deep fryer and regular kitchen in the cabin that can be used to cook whatever else you want to bring. We can all buy in and get some fresh meats for the parrillia if we get that motivated again. Lots of options to keep it free or spend whatever you want on special food.

As far as drinks it is probably easiest to just bring what you want and I'll have plenty of ice chests on hand and ice can be bought nearby.

Of course donations are always accepted:wink:
  14. Doogle

Oddometer:
    This thread has been awful quiet.They're putting a zipper on my wife's back September 5. So I won't be there.But I'd still like to listen to ya'll jabber at each other.I sure wanted to be there.
  15. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    I'd wanted to hear first hand about your rtw!
  16. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista Supporter

Oddometer:
    We've all been waiting for OK Lucinda to make some wise-ass remarks. :ear
    She's been really quiet lately.
  17. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    +1 :wink:
  18. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap
  19. Doogle

Oddometer:
    You were the one that put the RTW thought in my head.You said something about riding to Vladivostok a couple years ago.

A friend of mine is doing a RTW now.He rode to Ushuaia in 2004.I wondered why anyone would want to go there.But it planted a seed in my head that took 6 years to germinate.
  20. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer:
    No, I'm back. I've been busy riding in Western Australia.

I wouldn't miss seeing how many of the almighty Stateside US Calvary officers actually show up to this Latin America retrospective after 7 ADV pages and a year of blithering. Now I see you're discussing one shitter or two. I think one will do it. And only four of five copies of the Trampoline of Death topo.

Us newbies you have so much contempt for wait to see. I say this with all respect.