2013 Triumph Trophy

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Worroll, Jun 26, 2012.

1. limeymike

limeymike Bourbon Tester

Oddometer:
    That is a very good point, most of us couldn't ride to 80% of the ability of the guys testing these bikes. Would I have a Trophy? - Yes, Would I have a FJR? - Yes, Would I have a Concours? - Yes, etc etc
  2. Bob Southgate

Bob Southgate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Standard RT is £12695 and the RT-SE is £14055.
  3. karinjtimoyht

karinjtimoyht Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They reckon under £14,000 GBP for the base model and £16,000 for the all singing SE. That's close to K16 money over here. It needs to be serious quality for that sort of coin.[​IMG]
  4. flyingz06

flyingz06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just rode the RT. I dislike when you rev the motor the bike leans to the side!!!!!
  5. flyingz06

Oddometer:
    Test rode the K1600 gt and gtl. $25,000 too much IMO. If its was $20,000 different story. Waiting for my test ride in Jan.....I may be a trophy owner
  6. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    My gripe with the RT's boxer is the vibes under heavy throttle. I've ridden the 1200cc triple in the Tiger Explorer, and that motor in a bike like the RT would be a winner. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Trophy.
  7. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    I got used to it within two days. And you feel it only from idle at standstill. So it doesn't really matter much technically.
  8. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    The FJR isn't heavy enough for you? :rofl
  9. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    180 bhp buys a lot of forgiveness. :evil
  10. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a look at the Trophy recently. No way around it - it's a barge. I just don't need that kind of machine anymore. Makes my Multi 12 look like a mountain bike.
  11. ShaftyNZ

ShaftyNZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Matiere, Central North Island, New Zealand
    I've just spotted the first advertisement for the Trophy here in New Zealand.....
    $NZ 39,445! That's the SE including inroad costs

The ST1300 ABS is advertised at $NZ21,995 .........:huh

Cheers Shafty, NZ
  12. Josh69

Josh69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    f£%^ that price up the f&*"$%& a$$.
  13. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bloody Hell! Madness in middle earth..
  14. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    TROPHY WITH FACTORY FIT ACCESSORIES, LIMITED AVAILABILITY
    With the success of the Tiger Explorer Launch Pack Model, a limited number of Trophies have been built with factory fit accessories.
    In addition to all of the great standard features on the Trophy SE, these models will come equipped with a top box (including color panels and sliding carriage kit), heated grips, heated rider and passenger seats, a high touring screen, and foot air deflectors.
    These will be priced with just a $1,500 premium, for an MSRP of $20,499.
    As these are extremely limited in nature, they will be made available for pre-solds only on a first come, first served basis. They can either be new orders, or switched from existing forward orders that have been placed.
  15. 3Putt

3Putt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our local dealer got their first Trophy in this week. It's the regional reps bike but will be available for demo rides if the snow melts.

The seat in the pictures is the low seat in the low position. Todd (the dealer) said the standard seat was about an inch taller. The fairing is a bit wide for me, it looks like it's going to provide too much weather protection. That could end up being the deal killer.

BTW, in person it looks much more like an FJR than an RT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. TALLGUY

TALLGUY Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Dakez and 3putt.

Anybody with really long legs and arms sat on this yet??? Looks like good wind protection. Watching this closely and wishing it was $15K not $20 but good packages may close the gap. I haven't seen one in person yet.

TG
  17. 3Putt

3Putt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. With the "low" seat in the high position the ergos were fine for me, very much like my RT. With the standard seat in the high position there might even be less knee bend than my RT.
  18. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    6'7", 37" inseam, long arms. I don't know what seat at what level was on the Trophy at the IMS, but it was exactly as I'd feared and commented on here before: Manufacturers' styling departments insist on those pronounced knee notches in the tank/fairing design and a long legged rider can't get his thighs and knees under them. Wasn't even close.
    While I will have to bow to the manufacturers' research departments here, these bikes make little marketing sense to me. This bike is HUGE (this from a Rocket 111 owner), so I would think those less than large would be at least slightly intiminated by it, but if you are just a little too large you don't fit on it. Seems to me it narrows even more the narrow demographic that would consider an expensive sport tourer.
  19. TALLGUY

TALLGUY Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, I am a 36+ inseam and can flat foot anything, on wheels pretty much. More than one bike got left behind because I couldn't curl into it. Those leg pockets look perfect if a guy can tuck into em.
  20. flyingz06

Oddometer:
    I thought all SE's had heated grips and seats?