Shouldn't have looked up.

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by Hesaid, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I shouldn't have looked up.

Everyone says you'll go where you look. I must have looked up. 'Cause that's where I went.

Or tried to. But since you can't really ride on air, it ended up as more of a spectacular wheelie. From where I ended up sitting, the recovery looked to leave something to be desired though...

Really could have been worse, I'm not injured, and the bike will be fixed as soon as parts can arrive. All in all, my wallet seems to have taken the brunt of the damage, though my pride suffered as well. There is the small detail about it having been her bike, rather than mine, but Shesaid is a pretty decent gal. Though Shesaid claims "She's a sassy bitch", Pinkfoot will ride again!

Now no one tell my mom...

MV
  2. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You need to get your noggin' looked at.

You're not making good sense. :D
  3. fallingoff

fallingoff Banned

Oddometer:
    ''dogs can't look up'' shaun of the dead
  4. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wish I could learn to land on my wallet, it would hurt a lot less.
    The bikes always seem to end up MUCH better then I do...
  5. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I landed on my wallet. The bike landed on it's side. Most of the damage to my wallet was done in that brief moment in between.

MV
  6. BeMeUp

BeMeUp neverlost

Oddometer:
    How about a bit more detail on what actually caused Hesaid, to make Thesaid, "Pinkfoot" stand up and beg as a sassy bitch like ..uhm..Shesaid.:evil

:hide
  7. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, the short version is, I fucked up. Specifically, I fucked up the throttle application/clutch release ratio.

I was travelling southbound on a two lane road, about to make a left turn onto another, smaller two lane road (into the residential area in which I, Shesaid, Pinkfoot, and my own as-of-yet-unnamed DR reside), the north/southbound road is larger, and has no stop sign, so I was slowing, and planning on stopping before making my left turn. Just about the time I get to where I need to be, all the northbound traffic cleared, so I can just make the turn, no stopping required. I was in second, and thought I could cruise right on through. But I was wrong, I stalled the bike. So now I'm in the middle of the northbound lane, stopped. But it's cool. There's no oncoming traffic, I just look like a fool. I mutter something or other, and start the bike.

Now here's where something went wrong. You'd think that this would be a simple case of me having to show Pinkfoot/onlookers/the world that I know what I'm doing, I'm not some idiot noob that can't ride a bike, so I'd fire the bike up and take off like a bat out of hell, and show them. Show them all... But I haven't been 22 for quite some time now (in fact, I'm closer to idiot noob than I am to 22), so I opted instead to take a breath, and pull away just the same as I would at any other time.

I fucked it up.

Not quite sure exactly the order, but Pinkfoot began to rear up (I'm thinking once this began that my backwards sliding caused me to apply even more throttle, though I may be wrong about that...), I went off the back and on to my butt, Pinkfoot stood all the way up on her haunches and pranced forward a couple of yards, then came back down, wobbled, and lay down on her left side.

I got up, stood Pinkfoot up, gathered a few strewn plastic bits, tried to assure a helpful onlooker that I was fine and required no medical attention. I briefly massaged my backside, taking careful note to make sure my tail was tucked firmly between my legs, and walked ourselves home.

MV
  8. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    I looked up once too!

$6000 later....havent even thought about glancing to see how things are doing up there....
  9. DirtReeper

DirtReeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who is Pinkfoot? and can we see a pic?
  10. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh, Pinkfoot is in a bit of a state of disassembly right now. I've got another THREAD that tells a bit more about that. But she'll be back together soon, and Shesaid and I will be taking/posting some pics.

MV
  11. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:
    I'm close to getting this. My altitude may not be properly adjusted. Were any smelly-like-pine-tree plants consumed/burned+inhaled during the creation of this or any prior posts? :huh
  12. Shesaid

Shesaid Still Trippin'

Oddometer:
    I understand that it's difficult to understand Hesaid. I used to think he did it on purpose, but it turns out he just forgets that not everyone knows what he's talking about.

The most important thing to understand here, is that Hesaid is in the process of concocting an elaborate psuedo-crytozoological mythology regarding "Pinkfoot." (It's my DR-- shhhh, don't tell him I gave it away!)
  13. mtnbkrmatt

mtnbkrmatt MattintheMountains

Oddometer:
    This line made me lol. Gonna try and remember that one. Get it put back together, and go try again. Lookin up isn't inherently bad, just don't look so far up. :)

Sent from somewhere in the Rockies
  14. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh, don't worry, the bike is all back together, and we've both been riding. It's just that the focus now is on her new bike, and playing in the dirt.

MV
  15. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just thought I'd add that, now, nine months after the fact, it seems that time and weather have finally managed to erase the oil stain that was left in the road. Can't speak for everyone, but I'm glad. It was a reminder I didn't really need.

MV