Husqvarna TE 250 thread!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by midengineracer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    So I'm fixin to buy myself a TE2-450. IOW a TE250 with an addl 450 engine and bits.

Problem is... neither engine is currently running.

05/06 IIRC on the model year.

I'll know more Wed/Thurs

M
  2. boardrider247

boardrider247 Weekend Anarchist

Oddometer:
    I love my 06. Put together a 05 TC and a blown up 06 TE to build it.
    I've even been able to get it out the last couple sundays. Cant wait for tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
  3. jonnykilo

jonnykilo Viator

Oddometer:
    Gents, I am learning to ride dirt and sand and singletrack and want someting more forgiving than a 300 XCW (for instance). I have a 690e, and an old /5, so I only need this bike to do trails & woods here at home, and sand in Nevada on a late March trip - doesn't need to be legal. To that end, is a 2008 TC250 (now 300 with the kit installed), with about 100hrs total a good bike for this endeaouver? The price seems right, even after planning on the outlay to add a bigger tank, light and a scotts. What are the major differences between TC and TE for the 2008 vintage? Would a TXC 250 (310 with kit in, and lmost liscence'able) be a better bet, or different at all?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

jak
  4. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:

The TC is tuned for motocross work, the motor will hit harder and be less forgiving than than the TE/TXC models. Also the suspension is tuned more towards jumps and racing than trail work, so you might find it a little harsh without some suspension work. Depending on the state, you may or may not be able to plate a TC bike. But if the price is right... :deal

Also the TC has a carb while the TE/TXCs are fuel injected. That seems to be a matter of personal preference, but personally I am done with carbs, and I like being able to "rejet" on the fly with a fuel controller.
  5. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't the loom different, too? Might make it more difficult to add lights or I could be talking rubbish.

-Simon
  6. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    My speedo died! :cry

It worked perfectly when I put the bike away but was completely blank next time I went out.

No idiot lights and no LCD!

I've checked that there is a voltage present at the connector (the blue wires show 12v) but can anyone think of a check for the unit itself? There is one on fleBay at the mo' which appeals more to me than modifying the wiring to use a Vapour or similar.

All ideas gratefully received.

TIA
    -Simon
  7. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    What year is your bike? On the '11, blue is supposed to be ground. You may have a bad ground connection.
  8. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:
    +1 I was noticing that it was 12V to blue and :dunno:hmmmmm:scratch All the newer models ground to the solid blue wires.

On the 2010 and possibly other models there is one spot on the wiring loom that is particularly prone to wear right by the coil. There's a good thread with pics over HERE at Cafe Husky. Worth a look...
  9. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks, it's a 2008 bike.

Will have at the Cafe thread, I must have missed that when I searched before!

Thanks again

-Simon
  10. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's no sign of any chafing as shown in the CafeHusky thread, or anywhere else, thanks for the heads up tho'. Also my horn and high beam, brake lights, head, tail and parking lights are all working as they should be (no indicators fitted).

Checking the speedo socket, to earth I'm getting 12 volts from the yellow and black, the red, the white and yellow and the brown wires. There must be an earth through the plug as the fixing bolts are all insulated.

I'm thinking more and more that it has to be the unit that's faulty, but that could be because there is one available!

Thanks
    -Simon
  11. tigrebleau

tigrebleau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw somewhere that it was a good idea to relocate the coolant hoses. Anyone have any specifics? I'm buying a 2012 TE250 and would rather set it up right at the start. Any other (useful) advice appreciated.
  12. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know if it's still a problem but bikes of the age of mine - 2008 or thereabouts had a hose connecting piece made of plastic that sometimes broke.
    A couple of companies made more substantial replacements, Up-Tite Racing for one.

CafeHusky has more information and is a great resource for these bikes.

Cheers
    -Simon
  13. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:
    No need to swap hoses on the X-Lite bikes as the hose has been updated. It does pass very close to the exhaust pipe but I haven't heard of any issues.

+1 on checking in at CafeHusky.
  14. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    other advice for tigrebleau :

I have a 2012 TE250

make sure you get all the smog crap off of it and plug the hole between the motor and throttle body with a rubber nipple thingy.

I put a 12 port fuel injector in mine (stock is 6 port), changed the 2 bolts that hold the injector in (made of cheese) to good alan head bolts from home depot.

installed the ECU from the TXC model.

reset the TPS and used ibeat to set everything to 100%

i also removed the stock stearing stops (too long for me). purchased some shorter alan bolts from home depot. huge difference. shorter turning radius . still no contact with radiators.

i installed a larger rear sprocket (the stock one was only a 40T.. gay) and a smaller front sprocket.

the stock rear tire is going to rub a hole in your mud flap (why they chose that tire im not sure of) so push the mudflap towards the front of the bike before you go out riding. once you burn through the stock tires changed to a "normal" size knobbie and you're good to go.

i also installed cycra bark busters onto my bike. if you do this make sure you get the "magura bend" type.

also, be careful not to over fill your oil , the husky doesnt like that.

I'm 5'10 and weigh 155 lbs. the suspension was pretty much dead-on perfect for hard single track riding. i think i removed 2 clicks or rebound damping on the shock just to mess with something :lol3

after you get the bike set up and de-tree-huggered you will love it. the thing eats single track for breakfast, its amazing.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1713307540_xqcngj9?width=640&height=360"></iframe>
  15. ohenry

ohenry Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great video!

I just traded my 05 DRZ400s for a 08 TE250 because I wanted a better more dirt bike.
    Here is my old DRZ400s which I liked.
    [​IMG]

Here is my ''New" bike.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfbiSjnbac&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0QfqNGHoxg&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCgKQiul04&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upEf0dhOaM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEuU1p6M4M&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRNrXTlKDs&feature=youtu.be

I like it! I had the DRZ400s which was so heavy and the WR250r which was an OK 50/50 bike but I tried to make it more dirt and hated it.
    I think the first owner used it off road and removed the odometer and the guy I got it from put it back.
    The TE250 hits like a 2 stroke and it is so light. The box the guy gave of blinkers and stuff was 11.8 lbs alone.
    Crazy bike!

Ohenry
  16. Tachedoutoffroad

Tachedoutoffroad Mr. Parrish

Oddometer:
    In the market for a Husky 250-310 with a tag if any of y'all need some quick cash.

Needs to be located within $300 of Alabama :D and cost less than $4000.

Thanks.....

...... Waiting for the magic PM...
  17. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:

Hi Tach :D
  18. Tachedoutoffroad

Oddometer:
    Look what I put a deposit on.... :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Tachedoutoffroad

Oddometer:
    Howdy neighbor
  20. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what the hp is for a stock 2010 te250? Also what's the shop manual say about when to check/change the piston and rings?