World's Best Ear Plugs for Riding

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by World'sBestEarPlugs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    Just reading the writing on the wall leads me to believe the Original Poster has lost interest in this project. Their last post was early in 2011.... they've probably moved onto other "hot" projects and this gets relegated to the neighbor kid filling orders out of the garage.

But I could be wrong....
  2. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
    I PMed the OP before I ordered, and he is not affiliated with them any more, so I went to Amazon.
  3. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    :poser
  4. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    As an update, I ordered a sample pair of these from the manufacturer. After 3 weeks having not received anything (granted I am in Canukistan) I contacted them via email. Got a response within 24 hrs! They admitted to having some shipper related issues and asked politely if I would standby a little bit longer. Low and behold they arrived within about 4 days of last contact.

After a quick test, I can say I am very impressed. FAR better than any foamie plugs I've used (and I work in the workplace safety business so have tried most all out there), and as good as my fancy custom fitted ones...and possibly more comfortable, although I will have to test in a few LONG back to back days in the saddle to confirm this one.
  5. jfslater98

jfslater98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are these plugs sold on Amazon? A search on these there comes up with what appears to be similar products, but they're sold by "World's Finest Mighty Plugs" and the packaging calls them Mighty Plugs. Sorry if this has been covered already. Thanks.
  6. PFFOG

Oddometer:
  7. CascadeRider

CascadeRider n00b

Oddometer:
    Ordered a set just now from Amazon. I can't wait!
  8. MoodyGS

MoodyGS Going round the bend

Oddometer:
    Monte Nido, Santa Monica mountains, Californiay
    Just ordered these plugs via their site before stumbling across the more recent posts indicating poor customer service/delivery.
    Should I cancel this order and place a second order on E Bey?
    Stephen
  9. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    I have ordered from their site twice with no issue.
  10. dlr328

dlr328 n00b

Oddometer:
    i just ordered a set throught the website, hopefully they show up....
  11. M2

M2 where 2 ride today?

Oddometer:
    Ok, Saw this thread and took a chance. We'll see.
  12. CanadianGS

CanadianGS GS'n

Oddometer:
    Ya..me too.
  13. OSUMatthew

OSUMatthew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found the thread by googling "best motorcycle earplugs" and have ordered myself a pair to try out.

I'm really stoked--I've never had good luck with any kind of earplugs, from several shapes of foamies to the corded silicone plugs. They always always always fall out of my left ear. By the description these seem like they might be better, so here's hoping! If these work as well as everyone says, I'll be sure to spread the word :)
  14. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    FWIW... I've been riding with these ear plugs for about 4 years now and for me they are soooo much more comfortable than any foam plug I've tried.

two thumbs up for me :thumb :thumb
  15. Rockhopp3r

Rockhopp3r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and will try them.

Any special tips for putting them on or removing them besides the instructions posted on the website and in the instruction manual?

My ears have a reputation of expelling all foreign objects. I have a hard time finding a headphone that stays in place on its own.

Another question I have, is the putty supposed to cover just the opening or should it go in the ear canal and the rest should expand in the ear opening?
  16. PFFOG

Oddometer:
    Soften them good by working them with your fingers, roll into ball and slowly press into ear. They don't expand and I find they stay in real well. FWIW, I have a fat head and big ears and I make 3 from 2 plugs. I find one for each ear, way too much.

I personally can seat them well, by first using finger pressure than folding the Tragus (that flap in front of the ear canal) back to push it in well. On the occasion they do come loose when riding, I can reach in the helmet and push on the tragus to re-seat them on the fly.
  17. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I going to give these a try. The Blue Heros are my favorite at the moment. Placed my order via the official website and my order has already shipped. :D
  18. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I have used and liked these earplugs, but the last batch I was sent do not have as much "structure", so they come apart. The result is I now have some blue stuff stuck down in my ear.

IIRC, there was cotton fiber used in the original formula. I'm wondering if the fiber was either missed in a batch or eliminated from the recipe.

So if you got a recent batch, perhaps give them a try first when they're not in your ear yet. The old ones were pretty hard to separate and mold, the new ones are more like Play-Doh.
  19. Rockhopp3r

Rockhopp3r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ended up going custom molded and never looked back. They are phenomenal and we'll worth the money.
  20. 1150GS

1150GS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine brought these along on a ride we took together and had a 6 pack and gave me a pair to try. I have a small ear canal and even when I took some of the material off, every time I put my full face shield helmet on, the seal immediately let lose and all the wind noise was still coming through the helmet. I tried resetting the plugs at least three times but I could never get the helmet back on and retain a good seal.

I really would like to find some ear plugs that work easily and effectively. I definitely have some hearing loss from many years of riding without ear protection.

Any other suggestions out there??