Riverina riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by tripodtiger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:

Dobbo, these are the blokes http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Michelin...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c68268285

give 'em a call, you might get a sweeter deal. I found them easy to deal with and delivery was quick. Not much chance of wearing my PR3s out at the moment :cry
  2. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks K..

Bought a pair of Pirelli Angel's GT for a mate, from the US Delivered Aus-$411.

Weather hasn't been much good up this way, I couldn't be bothered getting the bike out at the moment.

Looking at going to the Wombat Rally on 14th Sept.
    Was looking into the Far Cairn Rally, but have heard mixed reviews, so I'll give this one a miss; as I'd need to burn some leave to get there!
  3. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    I added another Yamaha to the collection today :evil So now I have a total of 8 Yamaha's, 1 Honda and 1 Kawasaki in the shed.:deal
    Kel is beginning to think that I have a problem :loco and should get some professional help but I have assured her that it will all work out in the end. :wink:

Also on Friday I picked up a belly fairing, rear plastics/tail light and side covers for an FJ1200 for only $0.99. At this stage I am thinking the side covers will look pretty cool on one of the XT200's and with some work the belly fairing might fit XJ no.2.

So here is a pic of the latest addition to the collection. Believe it or not, it was a one owner bike. Apparently it was rebuilt but developed an electrical problem. I suspect that it may have the same CDI issues as the other XT's and AG's I have but currently I am working on repairing one of the faulty CDI's and the results are looking positive so with a bit of luck I will be able to get the rest of them working.

[​IMG]
  4. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Show this to Kel, I got to 15 bikes (some in parts) before I was cured :lol3 Down to 4 now but always looking. :evil

[​IMG]
  5. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    What's happenin'?

Thanks Dobbo. I need to work out which Club I should join so I can do club racing to. 'Post Classic club' is Eastern Creek / Wakefield; 'Historic.???...Victoria' is Winton & Broadford.

Leathers arrived. Jackets fit nice. Pants are smaller than all other size 58 I tried on. I can get into them but they don't fit as well as the Alpinestars I tried on in Sydney. Looks like some swimming, cycling and smaller portions might be in order. Now I have a reason to get off my arse (once I get over this cold).

If the weather holds, and I'm not contagious, I'm half a chance to go to Wakefield this saturday- just for the day I expect. Make some inquiries & get some tips.

Sunday, I get the chance to take the XS out again.

I saw that 400 drag bike, Faye Dear. I read the blurb. I particularly laughed at the 'drag racing history' comment. :jack What some people think, and then type!
  6. trokel

Oddometer:
    I showed this to her but it didn't help. Now she just wants to know what the cure is.:ddog

That is impressive. :bow They all look like they are in a lot better condition than the ones I have.

However things are looking up. Tonight I tested one of the XT200 CDI's that I repaired and it works like a charm. :clap
  7. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Lots of sex.

Not really - I'm just trying to help you get your stats up :lol3
  8. MarkWAau

MarkWAau I like roast chicken

Oddometer:
    Dear Faye...

I just showed this picture to my wife.

"You've got to be fucking kidding"

Was said response.

I live in hope.
  9. MarkWAau

MarkWAau I like roast chicken

Oddometer:
    Have I missed something? Where is Gra?
  10. trokel

Oddometer:
    Define Lots :scratch
    Do I need to increase it to 3 times a day? :nod
  11. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Mark, was that in response to bikes or more sex :lol3
  12. fayeslane

Oddometer:

He went mad and they shot him :cry
  13. fayeslane

Oddometer:

By yourself doesn't count :evil :lol3 :lol3
  14. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    But what sort or charm?

Probably an evil, I'll work when & if I choose, charm.

Betta Bikes in SA started in much the same way, Trok. Pulling things apart that the manufacturers reckon can't be and fixing them.
    You may have found a future for yourself?
  15. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    He's gone a drovin'.

Well, ridin' anyway. Went north west again last week.
  16. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    I'm still contagious, so I'm staying home again.:cry

Only 3 weeks before I get a decent ride anyway. Anyone else considering on doing the Sidecar Rally - last weekend of September?
  17. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tripod,

I have a few days before it and a few after it available to me for a getaway.

If you have something planned, I might tag along for a wee bit.
  18. trokel

Oddometer:
    What do mean it doesn't count, Is there another way? :ear :lol3

Yes, reliability is yet to be proven but it has been a very interesting learning experience and the results are looking good.
    Initially I was spending a great deal of time researching ways to either build a CDI from scratch or adapt some kind of Chinese one. Then seeing as I had nothing to loose I decided to see if I could get one of the faulty ones apart. The first one was an experiment and I damaged it while working out the best way to gain access to the printed circuit card and components. However I still managed to get it to produce spark but unfortunately due to one of the damaged components the timing was out. Then with what I had learned from that I was able to fix the next one without much trouble at all and I still have 2 more that I can practice on to hone my skills. If it all works out I should be able to get both AG200's, one XT200 and the XT250 going and use the other XT200 for parts. :deal

Here's a few pic's from the first one I practiced on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    The black bits must be where the smoke escaped.
    Your skills are quite impressive, you talented bastard.

FayeDear. How about this little jigger?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-R...0F-/181207036765?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

Trouble is, to maintain it's cost (value?) you'd have to pack it away. It would be a jewel in any air cooled two stroke collection, right up there with an NSU or Adler. Another one of those superannuation bikes. A friend just spent something similar on a T160 Trident. Not allowed to ride it, not allowed to keep it at home. He has to put it in someone else's museum - and if it becomes anything like art, the curators can be tricky little suckers whom sell & re-sell superannuation pieces.

I think the $ may be better spent on the house. Oh, already done that. Maybe I should buy it just because.:rofl
  20. tripodtiger

Oddometer:

I definitely have something planned.

I'm heading west to meet Leigh. He was supposed to have the new sidecar finished - but it just got away from him.:cry So, now he's borrowing an NX650 road trial outfit from a mate.
    Current plan is to meet him out near Mildura/Balranald then head east via Lake Mungo - I would like to spend a day having a good look around there - camp a second night. Try & straight line through to Mudgee. Gardens of Stone, Newnes & Glen Davis are definites and then the sidecar rally. At the rally site until Monday morning - Sunday there is really relaxed - go for a ride, go for a walk, sit around and watch others pack up.

Sit around and do sweet fuck all.:clap (other than continue to solve the world's major problems, and decide what we would like to change on our bikes / next bike etc)

After that, head south along the ranges. Visit some familiar places for us, unfamiliar for Leigh. All the way down towards Briagalong. Winter closures are a consideration. Then come home, if they'll have me.

Probably leaving here on / about 21st September. That's still to be confirmed.

About bloody time I used some time wisely.