Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. rockhopjohn

rockhopjohn I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer:
    Luckily I have hands the size of a 10 yo girl, and they had Mediums a plenty. Guess we will see how they fit, I normally wear a men's small.
  2. cbmma1969

cbmma1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :roflI'm not sure my hands are that big. I'm going to see how the mediums fit, too.
  3. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas to all
  4. WhiskeySierra

WhiskeySierra Day L8, $1 Short

Oddometer:
    X2. Right back at ya' Sam and a Happy New Year!
  5. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Kinda quiet in here lately... unless your buying MC gloves... :lol3

must be all the snow in the hills... being offically an old fart now, riding in the snow just doesn't have the appeal it once did...:huh

time to take the Grand Kids skiing I guess!

Anyway, I want to wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We have a great group here in the Boise area, appreciate all of you....
  6. dave186

dave186 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas everyone. The snow hasn't stopped me. Put some screws in my tires and keep on truckin. Pic from today.
    [​IMG]
  7. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Nice! I need to warm up the garage so I can pop a new tire on and get out there myself.
  8. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Just to help close this loop, I ordered some mediums on my own. I don't have small hands but I like a snug fit so I can press camera buttons. They're a little snug around the middle of my hand — not bad — and the finger lengths are just right. Pretty amazing deal if they're really made of the advertised materials. Time will tell.
  9. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    20% off and free shipping right now.
    I got some mediums too, they fit OK, fingers are a little long.
  10. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    Since this is the new glove thread I should mention their site is messed up, all sizes in stock right now if you call. $14 shipped.
  11. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    My gloves arrived on Christmas eve, I've been wearing them while I build a fort for the kids out of ice blocks and so far I'm very happy with them. Thumbs are a tad long, but other than that they fit me great.
  12. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I essentially spaced 2013. :-(

I am starting to think of the 2014 riding season and wondering if people know of anything cool going on I should be aware of. I've really enjoyed the IAMC Challenges that I've participated in but I've heard they aren't focusing in on those as much anymore :-(

Any grey beards out here have a "must see" list of places to go to in, say, a 500 mile radius? :ear
  13. WhiskeySierra

WhiskeySierra Day L8, $1 Short

Oddometer:
    Here ya go Dax! http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931730 See post #45. All the events in this thread will be "cool". :lol3
  14. brinboise

brinboise Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
  16. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
  17. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I certainly didn't mean to start a flame war over this and I want you, Sam, and everyone else who put effort into IAMC to know that I REALLY loved what you did there. Though I'm an Idaho native I have been woefully neglectful in adventuring out and seeing this great state! I have always put work ahead of play and now I pay the price by being ignorant of the really awesome sites all around me. :cob

I do agree that some people get bent out of shape when their riding expectations aren't met (whether that be of the other riders, the weather, or the trail). However I don't think that ends in a deal breaker for having IAMC. Though an active group needs members, the group really consists of a core set of people. I fear that the IAMC group is slipping because the core team is tired, bored, busy, or otherwise not exerting energy into the group. This doesn't let us leeches off the hook though! We need to be more supportive (and less bitchy). :lobby

For my part I'd love to help with what I can. I know I've been a flake this last year but the year prior I was gun-ho! I'll try to do more this year. One thing I can help with is the web site. (Yes, having 3 year old content on the homepage doesn't not bode well for the recruitment of members.) :deal

So, what can we all do individually such that collectively we all get something out of it?

• BrinBoise, with your 50 years of riding you have to have a good spot or two (or 3 or 50) that you could suggest as riding destinations and/or loops.

• IdahoSam, ditto to you but also maybe you can help Ed and the core team be revitalized in the group.

• JasonAbbott, maybe you can teach us some of your amazing skills that allowed you to surmount Boulder Basin (and those awesome photo skills you have).

• As I mentioned before, I can help with IT technical things and as a support person on some of the rides. (Almost all of the time I don't mind riding sweep.)

Not trying to command people around. Just making suggestions so that we all can get off our asses and ... well ... sit on our bikes while riding in the beautiful countryside. :clap
  18. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Silverspurs, I loved riding with you! You not only had awesome ideas on where to ride you had great historical anecdotes about the areas we visited. You too could build some stellar rides. (I wouldn't mind going back to YellowPine this year.)
  19. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:

Your on Dax!!... glad to see your going to be able to get out there more this year!!

I did submit a list of sites for a 2014 challenge this year that favors medium size bikes (400 to 900 class)... (and crazy big bike riders like you and Jason! :rofl)

last years challenge favored the bigger bikes, (but I think it put off the medium size bike riders). We'll just have to see if the challenge continues or not...

Sam, Ed and Craig; I am also willing to help, just let me know what you need...

20. WhichWayNow

WhichWayNow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sam, I for one had a great time on the ride from Hell to Hell's Canyon. :evil

Sure the weather beat us up pretty badly and it's hard not to comment about it when it's happening. That doesn't mean that it was your fault at all. To me, the adversity was part of the fun. We all pulled together, pulled out the credit cards and found warm dry lodging. :freaky In my view that ride was a total success despite all of the challenges.

I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into rides and posting them for others to join in. :clap Illegitimi non Carborundum!

As for the IAMC, it's obvious that club and the web site have stalled out a bit. I know that there was a lot of work being done by a very small group of people and that can result in burn out.

It may be time for the club to be re-chartered or something. It's definitely been an asset to the local community. Maybe we as a group can come up with a concept that preserves the value while reducing the work required.