2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She should have known he was going to feel her up. Look at his shirt!
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Boy wasn't hiding a thing, she had to know where he was going. :lol3
  3. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Just got my ticket! There weren't a lot of seats left. It may even sell out!

I will try and put up a ride report on the 14th...
  5. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
  6. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Never heard him called "Stacks" before, he was always "Short Stack" because that's supposedly what he ordered for breakfast a lot and he wasn't short. If that doesn't make sense it isn't supposed to, not even back then :lol3

He was racing amateur MX in Texas the same time I was, but for some reason he got a factory ride and I didn't. Maybe because he was really fast and I wasn't? :huh

My son and I are planning on going, he's giving me a free ride down and back so why not!
    Now if we can get tickets. That's a big stadium, can't imagine it selling out.

7. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
  8. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    The green arrow is my technique's inspiration. I have much work to do.
  9. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I know someone who rode the circuit back then and spent some time with Stackable. Sounds like breakfast for him was from the munchies right before they hit the hay at about 6am but what the heck, it was the 70's. :slurp:bmwrider
  10. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    I'm so friggin jealous........:cry

:rofl
    seriously , ATTA BOY !
  11. muskieken

muskieken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wonder if someone else will broadcast ,,,,this sucks,,enjoy the live broadcast while you can,,

UPDATE! Here is whats happening with Fox Sports formerly Speed Channel for us Race fans in the US: Fox Sports Media Group announced it is relaunching the Speed channel as Fox Sports 1, shifting focus away from motorsports to more mainstream sports. Speed will officially change to Fox Sports 1 on Aug. 17, becoming a 24-hour sports channel competing against the likes of ESPN, the CBS Sports Network and the NBC Sports Network. The change had been rumored to be coming for some time now, gaining steam in October 2012 when Speed lost the U.S. broadcasting rights to Formula 1 racing. Speed also lost the rights to air World Superbike racing which has since been picked up by beIN Sport. Fox Sports 1 has already signed up the broadcast rights to a number of sports properties including college basketball, college football, soccer and UFC.
  12. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    Goodbye optional package that included Speed, hello lower cable price.
  13. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    yup
  14. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Oh goody. More UFC. As if the other 26 channels already broadcasting ultimate douchebag fighting aren't enough. :puke1
  15. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping for pay as you go Internet access.

Sick of paying for shit I never watch.
  16. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be all over that. Hell, I would be happy with just a live audio feed. The live audio they used to do a few years ago was better than the next day video broadcast they did the day after, considering they cut and spliced and skipped actual racing in order to fit 2 hours of racing into 20 minutes and then filled the rest of the hour with crowd shots and r/c cars.

If they could manage a live video feed with good coverage, cut out the fluff that no one likes anyway and stick to good racing, I'd fork over money for that, either a lump sum for the season or a little more for individual races. The bandwidth and technology to set it up quickly and reliably for each event should make this a whole lot easier to pull off now than ever before. It's freaking 2013 after all.
  17. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Yeah,they do it for the euro series MX-Life TV
    I watched the USGP on it a few years ago.
    It was a good quality program.

http://www.mx-life.tv/

Not really news but CR22 is out for tonight.
    I was surprised how fast he was rehabbing.
    He is still driven to succeed.

I think you'll see him next round and he won't lose many positions in the season O/A.
  18. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    They have done that for outdoors, free internet live feed on Alisports (or whatever it's called), I liked that, half the commercials and when there were commercials on the Speed (FuelTV?) live feed the internet feed stayed on the race but no commentators, that was really good.

Hope they do that again this year.

I'm stuck with Speed for tonight, my trip to Houston didn't work out, oh well.

19. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Moto-GP.com does a bang up job for that series,full on coverage of every warm up,practice,qualifying,everything. Live coverage of all races.

Now they have a feature you can click to shut off announcers and listen to the engines or go on board at will,or from different angles,its pretty cool.
    But then that's a big money sport.

Im not paying for 3 or 400 channels so I can watch supercross on cable as I dont watch TV.
  20. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Yet another reason to not pay for cable . FOX is just another lame stick/ball sports carrier. Supercross continues to grow in popularity so they dump it right away.