College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did. I don't want to talk about how I lost it though.
  2. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just watched it for the second time. It's like watching your own funeral.

edit: oh, and towards the end of the game, they did announce there were 27 personal fouls. I'm sure they got to 30 though.
  3. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two of the top defenses in the country. What did you expect?
  4. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    That guy slamming the door was being an asshole, and he's sorry.

But of course it's going to take time. Look at a school like Penn State. Are you going to say they didn't take a few years to 'feel' like a big 10 school?
  5. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    you're forgetting that the expansion wasn't about adding teams. It was about getting a conference championship game.
  6. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    The end of the season is in sight, so it's time for my favorite topic of the year:

What coach is leaving which school to go where?

Charlie Strong to ?
    Kirby Smart to ?
    Dan Mullen to ?
    The guy at Louisiana Tech?
  7. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 We've missed you like a sore thumb! :D
  8. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    GHS (which I hope is still independent), and UF and USF on occasion. I coxed for the GAR masters folks a few times, but I found the coach to be an unbearable...

...wait for it...

...douchebag. :D

GAR was really, really shitty to GHS when the joint boathouse was being built, and we GHS kids put just as much work into it. I was there plenty of weekends nailing stuff, putting on the roof, and my grandfather paid for the dock. Then GAR had the gall to put up a sign indicating that it was their domain.

GAR - sore subject.

Welcome back, NS! :)
  9. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    TC predicts Jimbo to Tennessee, but I don't know...
  10. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jimbo Fisher?
  11. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Jurgen,

You sure you want that 8 team Playoff? 62.5% SEC if held today :lol3:lol3

...and we me have to endure another 4 quarters of Florida-Georgia :becca

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow team-23-333"><td>1</td><td>Alabama</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.9759</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2868</td><td align="right">.9976</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1475</td><td align="right">1.0000</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">.930</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-23-2306"><td>2</td><td>Kansas State</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.9400</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">2656</td><td align="right">.9238</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">1366</td><td align="right">.9261</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">.970</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-23-87"><td>3</td><td>Notre Dame</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.9147</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">2553</td><td align="right">.8880</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">1307</td><td align="right">.8861</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">1</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">.970</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-23-2483"><td>4</td><td>Oregon</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.9136</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">2725</td><td align="right">.9478</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">1391</td><td align="right">.9431</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">.850</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-23-99"><td>5</td><td>LSU</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.8163</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">2382</td><td align="right">.8285</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">1225</td><td align="right">.8305</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">.790</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-23-61"><td>6</td><td>Georgia</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.7753</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">2205</td><td align="right">.7670</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">1149</td><td align="right">.7790</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">6</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">.780</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-23-57"><td>7</td><td>Florida</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.7604</td><td align="right">2</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">2061</td><td align="right">.7169</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">1024</td><td align="right">.6942</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">5</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">4</td><td align="right">.870</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-23-2579"><td>8</td><td>South Carolina</td><td class="sortcell" align="right">.5968</td><td align="right">13</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">1588</td><td align="right">.5523</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">838</td><td align="right">.5681</td><td align="right">9</td><td align="right">9</td><td align="right">8</td><td align="right">11</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">9</td><td align="right">9</td><td align="right">.670</td></tr></tbody></table>
  13. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    ...and welcome back NS.....not enough Gators on this thread. :freaky
  14. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Look at the Irish go! Woooo Hoooooo. Been a long road back.
  15. ScottDill

Oddometer:

Alabama - Notre Dame MNC game would be old school royalty. :thumb

I watched the ND-OU game.....I am very impressed with the Irish this year. In all seriousness, they look like they play SEC style football ..... :lol3:lol3:lol3

There's a lot of football to play...so this is purely hypothetical....but ......

The real sad thing about the BCS, is that if UGA and UF win out....and UGA loses to Bama..... there would be a strong possibility that UF would get the call to play to play Bama in the MNC game....I don't think they'll deserve it.
  16. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I predict Georgia will lose to 'Bama in the SEC Championship game and an 11-1 UF will play in the Sugar Bowl. Which I think sucks because I'd rather see the 'Dawgs play ND in the Sugar Bowl. 'Bama will play Oregon for the title if both teams win out. I guess it's possible that UGA or LSU could play in the Cotton Bowl with 2 losses but not likely.
  17. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would Oregon jump K State if they both win out? USC isn't doing the Ducks any favors...:deal
  18. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    i thought the sugar bowl automatically takes the winner of the SEC, or the 2nd place team given that the winner of the SEC is in the NC Game. I'm pretty sure even if you lose the SECCG, you still go to the sugar bowl.
  19. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Sugar Bowl picks the second choice SEC team. In wisenhyzers scenario, they would likely pick Florida, though Georgia would be ranked close enough that they could pick them if they wanted to. Alabama would have been in the Sugar Bowl last year if oky light made it to the MNC game.
  20. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Oh.....I almost forgot. Go Ole Miss. :thumb