KTM 690 Enduro centerstand

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by cybbe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    I just got back from a 2 week work session, and Martin's Lost Dog center stand was waiting for me to install.
    10 minutes later it was finished, pulling the spring being the hardest part. [​IMG]
    The underside shot where it mounts to the frame.
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna take it out this weekend for some on road testing.
    This is gonna make tube changes out on the trail 100% easier.
    Thanks Lost Dog
  2. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    356 miles SE or 539 miles NW of Orla, Texas
    Looks good. How about a photo with both stands up.
  3. Assfault

Oddometer:
    Dang you guys are demanding. Yea no prob.
    Tomorrow or Sunday, gotta get some sleep first.
  4. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    OK...I ordered one... :)
  5. KTBen

KTBen Barrrp!

Oddometer:
    Hey what sort of screen/fairing is that? It looks awesome :clap
  6. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:

I think you will find your heal resting on the pipe were it is mounted how it is , when I mocked mine up I put my boot on the peg it helps a lot for the visual perspective
  7. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am using the factory KTM racing rear pipe sections and Rear mount off 660
    By using the 690 foot peg mount it is 1/4 closer to the heal of my boot then if I built a copy of the Factory mid
    pipe mount.(I had my son stand on the pegs for placement)
    I have a size 11 boot and it feels fine so far
    I hope to test it this sunday in the High desert.
  8. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
    Must be the camera angle but it looks dam close ,

I have size 13 so every mm counts , I even cut my toe nails before I ride :rofl.

Also can you use the standard stand and centre with the low pipe
  9. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sidestand ?? I did not even try it
    I HATE side stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A centerstand is a MUST
  10. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't own a KTM, but I am the world's foremost believer in centerstands for any bike with tube type tires. It doesn't matter how good a bike is, when you have a flat tire and can't fix it, the bike becomes a worthless hunk of metal and plastic. I would not ride a bike with tube type tires around the block without some way to fix a flat. I have had centerstands on 2 KLRs, and currently have one on my XT225. The one on the XT225 was custom fabricated by a guy who no longer makes them. I feel very lucky to have gotten it.

It's also very nice to know that someone besides me understands the value of a centerstand on bikes with tube type tires. There are places where you can't simply whip out the cell phone and call road service. An adventure bike needs to be repairable in the field as much as possible.
  11. ini88

ini88 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed my Lost Dog centerstand today in 25 degree weather! holy crap it was cold out. Overall, it is a great stand and very sturdy. I like the tight fit as everything is where it should be and out of the way when you don't need it.

My peg was too short though, so im going to need another longer threaded peg for the stand to rest on when its up. I spaced it out correctly but maybe the 2011 690 Rs had a minor change in the bottom part of the frame thickness. I don't know.

Removed the stock skid
    [​IMG]

Cleaned the frame up
    [​IMG]

Took out the first brake bolt
    [​IMG]

I then put some anti-sieze on the hinges to prevent premature rust from happening. Grease would also work. [​IMG]

Fitted the hinges back on
    [​IMG]

I put the springs on and was having the hardest time getting them on! Don't put them on this way. Put them on where the longer end of the spring faces the rear of the bike.
    [​IMG]

This way the way I put the springs on. Easier to fit.
    [​IMG]

Stand up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK this bolt was way too short for my bike. I had the two nuts on the bottom and the spacer on top of those. When I put the bolt through it barely stuck out of the top and I couldn't thread it. Lost Dog, do you think you could send me a longer bolt with rubber mount?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that, no complains at all and seems like a great centerstand. Thanks!
  12. lostdogproducts

lostdogproducts Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :freakyYour bike looks "KILLER " I know you guys are sharp so clue me in on any smart updates you come up with. :1drink
  13. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    :huh Dang ! I purchase the threaded studs by the bag and then I screw the threaded stud into the rubber stop with a little lock-tite on it. We can do one of three things. The stud will unscrew and that is a 1/4-28 threaded rod that you can buy at any hardware store and do one that is longer. Or e-mail lostdogproducts@gmail.com so I send it to the correct customer. I just checked my stock of threaded studs and they are 2" long. Is that the same as what you have? I need to check this out. Thank you for posting this and now I know to double check those studs. - Martin
  14. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes the Stand stop is about 1/2 inch short
  15. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    O.K. - Maybe I was using the wrong engineering fluid the day I purchased those dang studs. Thanks for pointing is out. I will send everyone a 2-1/2" 1/4-28 nf stud in the mail. :puke1
  16. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Customer service BEFORE the fact = I LOVE IT! :)
  17. Assfault

Oddometer:
    The screen setup is a one off deal. It uses a pair of Baja Designs HID Fuego 4" lights and is just tall enough to shed wind off of my chest at higher speeds. Here's a shot from today's ride. [​IMG]

This setup is going to my 450EXC and I'm fitting the RR EVO 2 front tanks and a traditional 690 Rally fairing to make a Adventure Lite.
    I just need more than 2 days off at home to do the fitting.
    Glad you like it. Function and form.
  18. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    Sweeeeet! :eek1 I may be the lost dog but I think your the lucky dog.:lol3
  19. road_donkey

road_donkey not really into it..

Oddometer:
    So...finally got a chance to install my Lost Dog centerstand the other day. What a great product! Very quick and easy install, nice compact design, very sturdy feeling as well. The only glitch is my bolt for the bumper is too short as well, and that is being dealt with. Customer service second to none!

Super happy with this!

[​IMG]
  20. lostdogproducts

Oddometer:
    :clap QUOTE=road_donkey;20752079]So...finally got a chance to install my Lost Dog centerstand the other day. What a great product! Very quick and easy install, nice compact design, very sturdy feeling as well. The only glitch is my bolt for the bumper is too short as well, and that is being dealt with. Customer service second to none!

Super happy with this!

Cool bike! I'm so glad you guys are liking my center stand. I'm getting better at building them and we should have an ad on ebay soon. Thanks for the good review. - Martin

[​IMG][/QUOTE]